What's new

India Eyes Su-30 AESA Upgrade

There was a News that Some Minister has Quoted a Figure of $43 Billion and that they have been Jut 1/4 of the said amount by US...

But My Qs. is How come they spent $45 Billion ??? Where and How was this Money Sanctioned ?

If this amount is True, i Must say.. How stupid it is that Flood Victims are being Fed from Donations while the $45 Bilion is spent on a war that has nothing to do good for Pakistan and Its People.

I think the person is talking about losses due to WoT which are estimated at 50-80B. Lost FDI, lost economic growth (growth rates were hovering around 6-9% before), money spent on the war itself, infrastructure and property loss due to WoT, etc.

Durgaking, you know what, I think I am gonna let you go since talk about this will end up in an infinite loop.

we spent around $45 billion on the WOT. The US is paying us back for a war that was never ours, we have already invested a great deal of money in the WOT. The 'AID' money will be used where we need it not the US.

Buddy you spend and you get the money back on however form you want.. As per the dude "SMC" who pointed we are handicapped in diplomacy i just want to show him we are not ... and our diplomacy has the influence ..

Durgaking, you know what, I think I am gonna let you go since talk about this will end up in an infinite loop.

Fine buddy me too got bored on this :D.. lets move on to something else.. lets add some spice some where else :P..

And wanted to apologize every one for the extent of troll i have made in this thread... hope i dont do it any where else

useless answers ,,,,
@ mod - what should i say ,, better u say something ,, to stop this.

1. If you didn't notice, I am talking about weapons deals.
2. So do you think civilian nuclear deal was stopped due to India? No other factor? As far as I am concerned, India wasn't even a factor that US considered. Remember kiddo, correlation doesn't imply causation.

Hmmm Uncle tell me the factors US considered when they offered you help in Thermal Power When you asked for The Nuclear Deal.
:partay::partay:

Wait dont bother, I guess answering this question will be classic Catch 22 for you.

Also India getting the deal from US while the GOP with Chinese govt. were trying everything to stop it was our diplomatic sucess and you kno whose failure as well.

Seems more like a downgrade to me. BARS has a detection range of 350+ KMs for aerial targets compare to 200 KM for Zhuk-AE. Zhuk-AE is smaller with with less number of T/R modules.

Or are we looking at the Zhuk ASE AESA, larger variant of Zhuk-AE designed for flankers?

Two variants of the Zhuk-A exist: the FGA-29, and the follow on FGA-35 which will boast an improved detection range of 200 km with 60 targets tracked, the radar will also support a maximum mapping resolution of 1x1m in air to surface mode. The FGA-35 will feature a 700 mm antenna with an increased number of transmit and receive modules to between 1000-1,100, a 20 degree incline and a peak power of 6 kW

Two variants of the Zhuk-A exist: the FGA-29, and the follow on FGA-35 which will boast an improved detection range of 200 km with 60 targets tracked, the radar will also support a maximum mapping resolution of 1x1m in air to surface mode. The FGA-35 will feature a 700 mm antenna with an increased number of transmit and receive modules to between 1000-1,100, a 20 degree incline and a peak power of 6 kW
However is that ready for production?, or export?....coz FGA 29 is has a range of 150 Kms...and something I feel is not good for an AESA.

700mm is the dia of mig 29's nose.a sukhoi's nose dia is 980mm approx 1m.hence,no of elements shoots to 1500-1700.hence,greater search and tracking range than 200km mentioned above.

coz FGA 29 is has a range of 150 Kms...and something I feel is not good for an AESA.
Why so ??/ I think its decent...not compared to US and Israeli aesa but yeah with respect to other planned aesa. Not to mention the FGA-35 is almost comparable to US and Israely aesa and might be even better than them (Not including the 5th gen fighter aesa of US especially AN/APG-81).

A little something which seems to be cooking..

aesa10.jpg

A little something which seems to be cooking..

We have reached agreement for such work, but no agreement for such work, but no work has been signed yet.

My estimation is, that we see the same competition between Phazotron and NIIP to provide the radar for MKI upgrade, as we saw for the Mig 29 upgrade as well and that's why we see different reports on the AESA. Phazotron offered the Zhuk ME, while NIIP offered the Bars 29, wich is basically just a smaller version of the MKI radar and it was surprising that IAF went with Zhuk ME. Could be surprising here as well, if they prefer an upgrade of the Bars, or a completelly new Zhuk AE for MKI.

My estimation is, that we see the same competition between Phazotron and NIIP to provide the radar for MKI upgrade, as we saw for the Mig 29 upgrade as well and that's why we see different reports on the AESA. Phazotron offered the Zhuk ME, while NIIP offered the Bars 29, wich is basically just a smaller version of the MKI radar and it was surprising that IAF went with Zhuk ME. Could be surprising here as well, if they prefer an upgrade of the Bars, or a completelly new Zhuk AE for MKI.

AESA upgrade for BARS would be better option..I have always preferred NIIP over Phazotron ...

Back
Top Bottom