What's new

India eyes Israel's Iron Dome to counter Pak, puppets

Do you have any idea what Nasr is or even what we have been talking about all along ? :azn:

Let me spoon feed you now ...

The Hatf IX, named Nasr (Arabic: نصر‎), is a solid fuelled battlefield range ballistic missile (BRBM) system developed by Pakistan. The missile's existence was first reported after a test-firing on 19 April 2011.[1][2] It is referred to by Pakistan's Inter Services Public Relations organization as a "Multi Tube Ballistic Missile" because the launch vehicle carries multiple missiles.

Iron Dome may be designed for Nasr too but its radar and variant will be intelligent enough to track it but then again it might also be used for guided short range missiles, can you say with certain proof that they did not build that capability in it?

Instead you would find that in an area where the system is deployed, with the first shells fired from Pakistan, the system would locate the launch area and that area would be be shelled or bombed in the next 30 minutes.

Locating the artillery launch place isn't something new or exclusive to Iron Dome ! and nobody's giving anyone 30 minutes during a war , even If accept it , how many shells can be launched by both nations in that time ... Thousands !

Iron Dome may be designed for Nasr too but its radar and variant will be intelligent enough to track it but then again it might also be used for guided short range missiles, can you say with certain proof that they did not build that capability in it?

You were saying something about Nasr being an unguided rocket , what happened to that ? :azn: Each missile in the world can be taken down but there is something called cost-benefit ratio , the fog of war , successful intercept probability and response time ...

Console yourself ! We even want your Generals to think just like that :D Straight migration from BRF you have been making , I take it ? :azn:

dUDE,,,,brf has been long gone...im coming to def.pk after nearly 3 years now..the comparison of nasr with fajr 5 is extremely logical...truth sometimes u see can be a tad difficult to digest

Nasr is a battle field missile of max range 60 km and not sure it's guided and whether it can avoid or employ evasive maneuvers, it just has a fixed trajectory so very similar to Fajr 5 numerous of which have been intercepted by ID.

You were saying something about Nasr being an unguided rocket , what happened to that ? :azn: Each missile in the world can be taken down but there is something called cost-benefit ratio , the fog of war , successful intercept probability and response time ...

Nothing happened to that, just that I got to know another thing today.

Cost-benefit ratio can be very high for some assets including a forward control center in a battle, so its not a complete waste as you have put it out.

dUDE,,,,brf has been long gone...im coming to def.pk after nearly 3 years now..the comparison of nasr with fajr 5 is extremely logical...truth sometimes u see can be a tad difficult to digest

That is good ... :) There is a great deal of difference between what Israel faces and what you will face ... and again the range and diameter of a missile isn't the only determining factor in its capability ... I am posting in this thread and I have accepted where I have been wrong ...

Locating the artillery launch place isn't something new or exclusive to Iron Dome ! and nobody's giving anyone 30 minutes during a war , even If accept it , how many shells can be launched by both nations in that time ... Thousands !

How many MBRLs can you deploy in a specific zone? after launching 12 rockets in 20-30 seconds, it takes about an hour to reload it. You'll probably have 15-20 MBRLs in a specific theater, and one Artillery can fire upto 3-5 shells per minute.

Talk sense, if you have any.

Nasr is a battle field missile of max range 60 km and not sure it's guided and whether it can avoid or employ evasive maneuvers, it just has a fixed trajectory so very similar to Fajr 5 numerous of which have been intercepted by ID.

It is of course guided. No, it cannot employ any evasive maneuvers, so yes it can easily be intercepted by Iron Dome.

Nothing happened to that, just that I got to know another thing today.

Cost-benefit ratio can be very high for some assets including a forward control center in a battle, so its not a complete waste as you have put it out.

Glad to hear that !

Yes , it can be high for some fixed post installations , SAMS and high level radars ... The only thing is that it becomes extremely difficult to detect and identify a credible threat to those objects given the artillery duels that will be going on and the extremely short time to act ...

How many MBRLs can you deploy in a specific zone? after launching 12 rockets in 20-30 seconds, it takes about an hour to reload it. You'll probably have 15-20 MBRLs in a specific theater, and one Artillery can fire upto 3-5 shells per minute.

I doubt if artillery can take down ID, ID range is around 80 KMs, what's the range of an arty 30 - 45?? and pretty sure it cannot be placed right on the border.

It is of course guided. No, it cannot employ any evasive maneuvers, so yes it can easily be intercepted by Iron Dome.

Thought so, and it's also powered all the way I guess, so definitely has a fixed trajectory too.

Check the artillery inventory of the Pakistan army and then calculate what can be deployed in what numbers ... Pakistan will not deploy a single MBRL or artillery in an area , would it ? It has enough in its arsenal to give a ferocious response the enemy ... Otherwise , google the artillery duels that used to take place along LOC before the ceasefire came into effect and you will come to know what is done in a matter of minutes ...

Research and then talk , it will be more good ...

I doubt if artillery can take down ID, ID range is around 80 KMs, what's the range of an arty 30 - 45?? and pretty sure it cannot be placed right on the border.

Why not ? How is Iron Dome immune to counter artillery attacks when the other sides has weapon locating radars too ? Please explain ...

Check the artillery inventory of the Pakistan army and then calculate what can be deployed in what numbers ... Pakistan will not deploy a single MBRL or artillery in an area , would it ? It has enough in its arsenal to give a ferocious response the enemy ... Otherwise , google the artillery duels that used to take place along LOC before the ceasefire came into effect and you will come to know what is done in a matter of minutes ...

Why not ? How is Iron Dome immune to counter artillery attacks when the other sides has weapon locating radars too ? Please explain ...

M110 howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check the range and then compare it with your figure of 30-35 km ...

With arty fire?? - doubt it, it would be placed out of range.

54.7 KM - still out of range.

I know, that's why i exactly mentioned that common sense point. Will you deploy all your MBRLs in a specific theater or you'll scatter them along with your other military units to support them?

And for your MBRLs, much of it is 122mm Russian Grad type, having range less than 40km.

With arty fire?? - doubt it would be placed out of range.

54.7 KM - still out of range.

Why not ? Iron Dome has a maximum range of 70 km and you wont be placing it that far in a theatre level warfare ...

Why not ? Iron Dome has a maximum range of 70 km and you wont be placing it that far in a theatre level warfare ...

It's a smart defensive system to protect assets - so yes it will be placed far from arty fire range.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom