What's new

India expresses concern over China-Pakistan Economic Corridor

The link up between Pakistan and China is the main reason why thousands of soldiers are dying on Siachen Galcier . This Glacier offers strategic advantage in case Pakistan and China try to attack India.

Where's the strategic linkup then , for which thousands of soldiers from two countries will die for ? Whats the importance of that linkup ? Whats the terrain and climate of that area for which you are referring to ? The Glacier doesn't offer any advantage besides overlooking the Karakorum Pass , your forces cant simply come down and check mate anything from there , nor is keeping movement on anything between China and Pakistan possible from there .

Actual Line of Control (Abbreviation from my mind only)...BTW why I got a negative for this harmless comment? ....:blink:

Can it be interpreted as ' members need to read the title and post on topic stuff ' ? What do you think ? Just for the record , Islamabad hasn't and will not cede any territory under its control to any country , read up on that myth that has been propagated by your media and Govt for long and hence now has become " undeniable reality " for Indians .

By doing what ??? Another stand-off ( during which 2000 indian troops will get killed during mobilization:omghaha:) and then you'll chicken out and go back home with your tail between your legs like our last confrontation in 2001-02 ??? :dirol:

Your current defence minister basically said that Pak army does not deserve any extra resources based on their past performance. NO WARS EVER WON BY YOUR ARMY except probably against its own people:-).

Controversial remarks: Khawaja Asif may lose defence portfolio – The Express Tribune
As I mentioned elsewhere truth HURTS and this guy dared speak it and now they want his skin for that

Actual Line of Control (Abbreviation from my mind only)...BTW why I got a negative for this harmless comment? ....:blink:

Pakistan failed to move the line Eastward or Southward even to an inch since 1948-49 ceasefire even after paying heavy prices like Bangladesh. :rolleyes: Seems we are comfortable by both way because we still have the best part of the Kashmir. ;)

Yes Mate any Intelligent Regime Like china Will quickly Changes his preferences according situation and the truth is India is a Profitable market than Pakistan which is still a Liability for china

How do you define the word ' liability ' ? Why exactly do Chinese not share that Indian ' eye opening ' idea ?

"We have raised this issue and raised our concerns not (only) this time, we have made them known earlier. They have noted our concerns," Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh told reporters here after holding the sixth round of Strategic Dialogue with her Chinese counterpart Vice Foreign Minister Liu Zhenmin.

Well , I am sure they have noted it down .

How do you define the word ' liability ' ? Why exactly do Chinese not share that Indian ' eye opening ' idea ?
Liability in the Sense that There Nothing Which Pakistan Can offer China that India Cannot Pakistan Cannot Economically Contribute Like India Does With China. Rather Pakistan Aspects Every thing On Soft Loans. Secondly China is India's largest trade partner a. The India-China trade stands at about $ 70 Billion, expected to increase to 100 Billion USD by 2015 More in Future.The relationship between India and China has never been too strong in modern times, though the bilateral trade is expected to touch $1 Trillion by 2050

Hence China Is a Good Business Men If One Can Offer them More the Scenarios Will Possibly Change . Under Modi's Leader ship Anything Can happen All World Know his Spat with West and Pro sentiments Towards China.Some of his model in gujrat have Chinese Influence.

I Know you Will Start Posting Old rants But As Fact China and India are Both BRICS Nation Means Situation Between them can change Any time in Future.Both countries In fact Not Enemies But are Standing on their Own Interest.

Last edited:

But I got a negative for this harmless point....WOW

That's a new menace now :-) Try to raise a complaint to @WebMaster in this thread:
Post Ratings

The purpose of this feature was as below, but then........you know, there are too many people with this power and questionable maturity to use it wisely. :-)

"Post Ratings is a new feature available on Defence.pk which will act as a reputation system to analyze users who are posting well and those who are not really.

The rating system is only given to TTA, TTC, Professionals, Management, R&D and Intl Mods.

Additionally, -4 rating on a post will automatically have the post deleted.

We hope that those who are given this privilege, use this appropriately for the betterment of the forum and without bias.
DONOT use positive rating as a substitute for thanks. When you want to give Thanks, just click thanks.

Positive rating should only be given when the post is informative, great, awesome debate, etc.

Negative rating only when a rule has been violated in a post.

Provide your feedback here."

Last edited:
Where's the strategic linkup then , for which thousands of soldiers from two countries will die for ? Whats the importance of that linkup ? Whats the terrain and climate of that area for which you are referring to ? The Glacier doesn't offer any advantage besides overlooking the Karakorum Pass , your forces cant simply come down and check mate anything from there , nor is keeping movement on anything between China and Pakistan possible from there .

This Glacier is located on a high ground where thousands of soldiers are placed. In case of combined invasion of China and Pakistan this offers an advantage.

You can check out the maps and the location of Karakoram pass.

Let's see, india is protesting against Chinese investment in a area of Kashmir that is under the control of pakistan. The investment is to create a direct corridor from mainland China to the western Indian Ocean region, bypassing thousands of miles of sea travel and various choke points and connect to vital oil sources. I would think this is as much in China's interest as it is Pakistan's. So why would China bother to listen to indian (potential enemy) protests, what could india offer that would tempt China to not develop this strategic corridor?

Liability in the Sense that There Nothing Which Pakistan Can offer China that India Cannot Pakistan Cannot Economically Contribute Like India Does With China. Rather Pakistan Aspects Every thing On Soft Loans. Secondly China is India's largest trade partner a. The India-China trade stands at about $ 70 Billion, expected to increase to 100 Billion USD by 2015 More in Future.The relationship between India and China has never been too strong in modern times, though the bilateral trade is expected to touch $1 Trillion by 2050

Hence China Is a Good Business Men If One Can Offer them More the Scenarios Will Possibly Change . Under Modi's Leader ship Anything Can happen All World Know his Spat with West and Pro sentiments Towards China.Some of his model in gujrat have Chinese Influence.

I Know you Will Start Posting Old rants But As Fact China and India are Both BRICS Nation Means Situation Between them can change Any time in Future.Both countries In fact Not Enemies But are Standing on their Own Interest.

By the same logic , the Indians are a liability to Chinese since there is nothing that you can offer , that Yanks cant . You see even though China is the largest trading partner of India , it isn't true the other way around . See the absurdity ?

So , why exactly is Beijing sticking with Pakistan if well there's nothing that we can offer them ? The world's run on reciprocality , give and take and interests , that doesn't explain your liability statement . Au contraire actually , the ties between India and China have improved vastly but that hasn't resulted in deteriorating ties between Pakistan and China . Why ? Trade has nothing to do with bilateral disputes nor it is any significant indicator of improving relations if you trying to prove that . Enemies have traded in the past , that is nothing unusual . Every country stand on its interests , nothing new here too .

Try again with less stuff about what Modi will/can do or the trade statistics . I look forward to knowing about stuff that India can provide which Pakistan simply cant . I also am very interested in the explanation of how the Chinese do not share this view and wisdom .

This Glacier is located on a high ground where thousands of soldiers are placed. In case of combined invasion of China and Pakistan this offers an advantage.

You can check out the maps and the location of Karakoram pass.

What advantage that be ? I have checked out the maps and the location , it's about time that you do too . The Karakoram Pass is a frozen hell with neither climate nor terrain permitting the sort of activity , you seem to think .

Back
Top Bottom