What's new

India drops out of 2012 PISA test

Ask anyone around when it comes to accepting our shortcomings, I am the first one to do that.

Just explain your ROFL after your article. What does it signify. ?

You want to make mockery of Indians and laugh at them and yet expect them to answer you rationally rather than getting emotional and defensive against such threads.

If you really want Indians to discuss our problems rationally, change your approach.

And the reason I quoted and Roybot provided holds true.

Be reasonable, ask sincerely rather than mocking the Indian education system which has yet to achieve at primary and higher educational level. I know what these kids study, you don't.

And provide an answer for what I raised. Why there are so many Indians in top universities if we have low IQ ?

We are not talking about iq here mate, the reason i find this article interesting is if we done badly in those tests we will not back out but work harder try to improve our ranking next year.

IQ tests are not a reliable indicator of intelligence.

The only thing an IQ test can prove, is how good someone is at doing IQ tests.

The OECD Pisa results have everything to do with education systems.
Just read above post. Also mugging books are sure shot for success rather than being innovative in our education system. That's one of the flaw in our system.:hitwall:

We are not talking about iq here mate, the reason i find this article interesting is if we done badly in those tests we will not back out but work harder try to improve our ranking next year.
Actually, first we need to make changes in our system. Prepare students for them. Then we can let these students to perform.

What's the point of competing in a Baseball game if I am taught to play cricket. Both needs striking the ball without getting caught and need to score runs.

I can't learn it by appearing in matches. I had to do the training first. Then if I am up to the mark of competing, then I will surely give a shot.

Remember buddy, Training is an important part of any competition. You don't send your players to Olympics if they can't perform well at national level.

I think India should have allowed the cities or schools where these basic things are being taught. With that argument, I agree. We shouldn't have back down completely.

We can't improve our top players if we don't let them compete with top players of different countries.

More than a third of engineering graduates can't do basic maths
6 May 2012
dailymail.co.uk

Indian Engineering graduates are more employable than the Chinese. So if I were you I would shut up. Only 10% of Chinese engineering graduates are globally employable as compared to 25% Indian Graduates. Tsk tsk.

Research by the McKinsey Global Institute showed that only 25% of Indian engineering graduates and only 10% of qualified Chinese engineering graduates[SUP]2[/SUP]are globally employable.

In 2009, China graduated 1.9 million young engineers[SUP]3[/SUP], however, on closer investigation it was found that of these; only 763,635 received an engineering degree level qualification. With 10% of Chinese engineering graduates globally employable, this equates to 76,400 globally employable engineering graduates.

Similarly in India (2010), the number of engineering graduates was 793,321, of whom 497,475 were
studying engineering degrees at undergraduate level. Therefore, of the 497,475 engineering
undergraduates, around 124,400 (25%) would be considered globally employable.

http://www.engineeringuk.com/_db/_documents/Engineering_Graduates_in_China_and_India_-_EngineeringUK_-_March_2012.pdf

Indian Engineering graduates are more employable than the Chinese. So if I were you I would shut up. Only 10% of Chinese engineering graduates are globally employable as compared to 25% Indian Graduates. Tsk tsk.

http://www.engineeringuk.com/_db/_documents/Engineering_Graduates_in_China_and_India_-_EngineeringUK_-_March_2012.pdf

We are second in no of supercomputers Top500 list; 2 in the top 10
We build rockets lifting heavier payloads, skylab, unmanned space manoevers and human spacewalks
We have better electricity grids that we dont have to worry about power cut - tsk tsk affecting over 600 million?!!
Our excess grains are better stored
We have a better railway system running with hi speed trains
We are contructing and completed some of the best bridges and water system in the world
We are one of the leaders in ship-building overall tonnage
... it is a long list! Where does india stand in the above?

Only because of English in which we are not used to speaking and writing in our daily lives which poses as the only barrier!

We build rockets lifting heavier payloads, skylab, unmanned space manoevers and human spacewalks
We have better electricity grids that we dont have to worry about power cut - tsk tsk affecting over 600 million?!!
We are contructing and completed some of the best bridges and water system in the world

Only because of English in which we are not used to speaking and writing in our daily lives which poses as the only barrier!

Unlike india our engineers do not need globetrotting to find jobs

We did manufacture our own supercomputer when US denied us. - Not in large numbers due to budget restraints.

We also have space program- Problems with heavier payload but progress is going fine, had Moon Orbiter, conducted over 100 space missions, developing own navigation system, first it will be regional, builds own communication satellites with comparatively very less budget. Our moon mission was fraction of other moon orbiter mission. This tells our optimization.

Even modern nations had power black out. Only reason of 600 million people affected is because we have population of 1.2 billion, When US had blackout and its population lets assume for a moment, be 1.2 billion, we can imagine similar situation. We should talk about percentage wise, not number wise.

We produce excess grains but poor in management. Its due to corruption and bad distribution system.

We have highest number of railway passengers and hundreds of million of people travel through it DAILY. So providing basic necessities are necessary as the number of people traveling is way higher. We don't have HST because of money but we are planning to construct such corridor. We provide cheap travel through railways. The majority can't afford HST so there is no need and we have to transport higher in number along with in time consideration. Hope you can do the calculation.

We are building highest bridge in the world. We have constructed one of the best railway program by KonKan railways, find the pictures. Our dams are among the highest ones.

We are among the selective club of nations who has built SSBNs, firgates, corvettes like you and constructing 65,000 tonnage ACC with modular approach.

.......List is too long. We are behind because of our own reasons and poverty, mal-nourishment, diseases, education etc. which you guys always talk about. Now think, with all these problems, we have done fine, so how can we be low in IQ. :D

So buddy, just like you have English problems, we have our own problem, so instead of mocking each other we should rather discuss how to eradicate it or if we can't do that, lets remain indifferent about it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom