What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

20100309ksrtc1.jpg

20100309ksrtc2.jpg

bus145.jpg

img0159bb.jpg

img0255e.jpg

Why not? In the bus sector MB buses aren't marked up hugely more than others like their car arm. So the MB buses on show will not be hugely more than the Volvos which are being bought in HUGE numbers across India- in fact they may work out cheaper over the life cycle of the vehicle.

I mean, why do we need to import. TATA and Ashok can't manufacture it?

14dn2i9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

^^^

Award winning pic.

Gr8 motion, juicy colour balance, nice b/g-f/g colour-on-white contrast, good composition and what symmetry!

@ Mike2011 re: below, all that Volvo, MB, Mannesmman buses being manufactured in India is good for Indians; sorry to say Indian transport transnational corporations like Tata, Ashok, Swaraj, AMW or Mahindra have a history of spitting out khatarra (junk-ish) and dangerous vehicles. A bit of competition keeps the local manufacturer's on their toes, and the 'phoren-er's' not only cream up the rich top layer of the market, they increasing step down layer-by-layer into the muck-raking mass market so owned by the desi transnationals named above.

It's incredible that the Chinese, Russian, other EU specially Eastern Europe or even traditional American bus manufacturer's are nowhere on the map.

I got so caught up in the hype, I once cancelled my train ticket to ride a Volvo inter-city.
I was among the worst bus rides of my life, and I regretted missing out on the train journey.
In India, trains have an 'aura'. Railways are a world onto themselves. Bus, no way.

@Halwa, Monsoon shot of Mumbai below, kya baat :yahoo: !

I mean, why do we need to import. TATA and Ashok can't manufacture it?

Not imported but manufactured and built in India.

No one in their right mind would import a bus considering more than 100 % import duty on them.

The Mercedes buses are manufactured in India near Pune in their Chakan Plant.

Mercedes invests Rs 50 cr for bus facility at Pune

Mercedes Benz India to double car production at its Chakan plant to 20,000 units a year by 2013 | IndianCarsBikes.in

So chill ..........

Back
Top Bottom