What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

IMG_20181028_070005.jpg

IMG_20181028_071306.jpg

IMG_20181028_065927.jpg

@Ensiurage

Mahindra city ,Chennai

India's first SEZ and business city

The picture shows the office complex part of Mahindra city.some important clients like Mahindra,BMW ,TVS and Renault Nissan have their plants/ r and d inside this SEZ .still a developing SEZ, with lots of room for growth

43655147_2302114739822300_5078599223209885696_n.jpg

TN and industry is old news, centuries old; but industrialization in UK* is un-believable.
  • UK is more industrialized on a per capita basis Vs. TN, and also on a time line basis re: it's new-ness
UK is in North Vs. TN in the deep South ... deepest ;) !
UK* = Uttara-Khand

Healthy competition in India is always welcome . TN industrialises at its own pace and UK industrialises at its own pace... TN is India's largest auto manufacturing cluster with almost every ancillary company from tires to nuts and bolts in India having a presence here ...in essence, it is an enviable model for other states to beat .

One thing I have noticed in India, in states like Tamil Nadu , Kerala and Karnataka and Andhra /Telangana ....there's is an incredible drive among the middle class to succeed and thrive and make something of their lives , get educated and establish something ...I think this will be there throughout in India as well( North and West india ).. as long as its there, India's future is safe ...

Healthy competition in India is always welcome . TN industrialises at its own pace and UK industrialises at its own pace... TN is India's largest auto manufacturing cluster with almost every ancillary company from tires to nuts and bolts in India having a presence here ...in essence, it is an enviable model for other states to beat .

One thing I have noticed in India, in states like Tamil Nadu , Kerala and Karnataka and Andhra /Telangana ....there's is an incredible drive among the middle class to succeed and thrive and make something of their lives , get educated and establish something ...I think this will be there throughout in India as well( North and West india ).. as long as its there, India's future is safe ...

^^^
I have given this Indian middle class thing some thought.

A Lebanese - Canadian colleague once said to me go and make your own. We were working at a IP and Patent office and her statement was a loaded statement.

Intellectually speaking, firstly Indians make their own religions. Gods. Food. Math. Song. Dance. Languages. Metal. Machines. Rockets ... and they were the first to do all that. Original is substantially Indian, or to be original is to be Indian.

Now layer Anglo-Saxon Colonialism on said originality, and stir in the the Protestant ethic re: Max Weber. Decolonisation let Indian middle class pick and choose English, the enlightenment ideology, renewed spirituality rejuvenated identity etc. A new Anglo-Vedic cohort emerges from adapting to Anglo-Saxon Colonialism. Meanwhile, the enlightenment ideas of English, parliamentary democracy, the Allied victory in WWII with substantial Indian participation prepared India to take on the world. Today's Hinduism has lots of elements of enlightenment like over-zealous embrace of Western ideas, hard work and education with minimal conflict. The fire in the belly of India's middle class is a key driver of India's rise and will take it to the very top because rest of the world is getting old. Something like that.

Re: TN Vs. UK, Modi govt. has approved a Char-Dham train to the heart of the Indian Himalays in UK in 7 yrs. Another parallel line will climb up HP. The J&K line also to the heart of the Himalays is almost done. Of all the trains to run up the Himalays, the Char-dham will be the highest even though the J&K train is more challenging re: world's highest bridge. The tunnels in all three new trains to the Himalyas are going to be among the hardest and longest in the world. Otherwise, the pace of industrialisation in the UK is to watch for because unlike newly independent UK, TN's been industrial for a very long time.

Last edited:
Someone pls. explain these random and rather personal, methinks, pic.'s ?

It is about development of India which includes anything worthwhile posting here whether persnal or general. It is about the growing trend in India to have farm house weither on river bank, sea shore, jungle or mountains etc.

What a beautiful places to visit. I wish I visit India one day.

Hi ,
Look at the photographs I posted. Come here. There are lots of amazing things to see here including world heritage sites, statue of unity, Narmada dam, palaces, flower vally and awesome temples. You are well come if you come to India.

Pssst ... Big Secret !

In 2017, Mukesh Ambani's Jio kicked the Indian telecom cartel to shape up real good.
The Ambani's are serial disruptors with a history of demolishing cartel after cartel in India.

Ambani's Jio is the key driver of India's economy today re: Modi Dgital India thing. That's r8!

Jio's data driven disruption is on course to take India's digital economy from
  • $ US 4.13 in 2017 to over $ 10 Trillion in PPP terms
Along for the ride are India's mega content base entities in media, Indian cinema, TV etc. This is just the tip of the iceberg because three-fourth of India is digitally ill and under served and content consumption is not knowledge but entertainment driven. Since India's entertainment and media eco-system is far more qualitative thanks to Global exposure and digitally rich content, this is quite an opportune time to invest in the content industry.

T-series's YouTube experience maybe a peek into the future, chk:
India International Convention & Expo Centre (IICC)
- a flagship project of Government of India
VBHQF3o.jpg

(c) https://i.imgur.com/VBHQF3o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: above post, Signature bridge ... who's signature ?
Named after who's signature is the question.

Awesome Delhi Metro New Line Re: Expansion

:-) Happy Diwali to All !
@ least 3000 yrs. Old from Markandya Puran

Last edited:
probably the masons use it?
what is it? a cosmopolitan club?

43499227_324455251683255_8529020216735161859_n.jpg
Another tech jungle in the making in Chennai . This time the Elcot IT SEZ.in Sholinganallur ..The previous pic was the Sipcot It sez in Siruseri )
Pics courtesy dineshkumar VJ in instagram .You can see the vacant plots for future development inundated due to rains

@Environmental warriors -yes , unfortunately this came up on a marsh land ...

Last edited:
'tech jungle', are you ok ?
  • It looks like a gorgeous office complex for smart, honest hard working IT professionals who have brought incalculable wealth, experience and connectivity plus fantastic infrastructure and social services to South India specifically
The beautiful picture suggests workplaces for upto 1 Lac high end, smart workplaces. I'd rather see India's educated middle classes in workplaces like above rather then demonstrating on the streets or absconding to the US, Singapore, Canada, UK, Gulf ... or anywhere else.

Let's learn to give credit where credit is due man, don't miss the willow (wood ) for the trees.

Fascilio, Chennai

U/C flyover in my town, Nagercoil. Purpose, stream traffic volume entering and exiting Nagercoil
Parvathipuram Flyover by Ashik Jonathan, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom