What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

4834619645_6477906b6f_b.jpg

Another pic of the same road.My home is nearby :D

VMware plans to hire 500 people in India by year-end

CCdi_EFUEAAa_MRA.jpg

VMware, the US-based technology giant, on Tuesday said it plans to hire about 500 people for its India operations by the end of this year.

The firm also inaugurated a new campus in Bengaluru, which also houses the R&D centre, with an investment of $120 million.
The current staff strength of the company in the country stands at 3,300.

CChj_Nh3_UEAEoa_4.jpg

The Cloud infrastructure and business mobility firm, which clocked in revenues of $6.04 billion in 2014, has already committed to invest $500 million in India by 2017.

"Today, India represents a substantial element of our global R&D operations in the US and continues to play an important role in our global growth strategy", VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger told reporters.

CChx_Rj_VVEAA0_O04.jpg

The company said opening of the R&D facility in Bengaluru, which is biggest outside US, stresses the commitment of the firm towards India.

The firm has three R&D centres across the world - US, UK and India.

The company said since the inception of India operations a decade ago, VMware India has grown to become a strategic contributor to the companys global innovation engine.
CCid6_RPUAAA3z2_I.jpg

CCTu2_M_Us_AAQMK6.jpg

The R&D team in India plays a critical role in product development in all of VMware's strategic imperatives like software-defined data center, hybrid cloud and end-user computing, the company said.

Gelsinger said the company also supports the Digital India initiative of the Indian government and plans to work with the government regarding the same.
BENGALURU | Technology | R&D | Startups | - Page 43 - SkyscraperCity

You can check here and they finished the said buildings of 10 lakh sq.feet in Technopark phase 3.

Technopark PhaseIII

^^

My bad.

10 Lac is only 1 million. 100 Lac, I meant.
Entire Techno park and x buildings are coming up to 100 Lac or 10 million sq. ft.

@ a generous 10 sq. ft./head; that's an unbelievable 1 million workplaces Thiru. side only. If the total pop. Kerala side is 30 million, know what I mean?

On top of that, way too many working age ppl. are out of Kerala, Gulf and Global economic migrants or NRI's.

Modi & Co. talking first $ 20 then $ 50 Trillion economy :woot: .

Google it. Others are also in on this. Bull run.

^^

My bad.

10 Lac is only 1 million. 100 Lac, I meant.
Entire Techno park and x buildings are coming up to 100 Lac or 10 million sq. ft.

@ a generous 10 sq. ft./head; that's an unbelievable 1 million workplaces Thiru. side only. If the total pop. Kerala side is 30 million, know what I mean?

On top of that, way too many working age ppl. are out of Kerala, Gulf and Global economic migrants or NRI's.

^^
Look what I found:
absorption.jpg

(C)http://images.indianexpress.com/2015/04/absorption.jpg

Last yr, 1'st quarter Delhi is @ about 15 mil.
Banglore fig. @ 32 mil.!

Space for 5 million desks if not more. Case by case, Delhi added 1.7 million desk jobs/qtr.
Banglore --> 3.3 MILLION Jobs/qtr. :smitten:
Pop. 'only' 8.5 Million, whole metro region!
If it was only statistics then
3.3 x 4 = 13.2 Million white collar Banglore jobs alone/yr. Hehe x 5, for Modi govt. Even if local is Congress govt, that's 65 million jobs in 5 yrs. in Banglore alone.

Total for all 6 IT cities India @ 79,74000 sq. ft., excluding our earlier beloved Mr. Nair's Thiruvananta- puram, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Mysore, Vizag., Bhubhaneshwar, Kanpur, Surat, Dehradun, Cochin, Nagpur, Surat etc, none of which even make it to the map, round off to 10 million white collar, city desk job's alone/qtr. About 40 jobs million/yr.

Add another 10 million re. A all other IT jobs in smaller towns, Govt, PSU, Global manufacturing and local professional jobs like Doctors, Professors, linemen, export import staff, customs, railways, teachers, clerks, assistants, computer and machinery operators.

Total all India 50 million white collars :-).
By the way, wise guys say each of the above jobs generates 7- 10 more jobs in the support and services sectors. That's an incredible 350-500 million jobs/yr. Unbelievable.

India guaranteed does not have that much IT, BPO and high tech talent/yr. Other countries even less.

Wow, what a boom! Economy's Modified.
Who's got time to demonstrate anymore?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom