What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Infosys,UST campuses Trivandrum

Trivandrum 1.jpg

Photo credit-Viveks/skyscrapercity

BEML rolls out country’s biggest dump truck

BEML_2331615f.jpg

Public sector major BEML rolled out the country’s biggest dump truck from its Mysuru plant here on Thursday in consonance with the ‘Make in India’ policy of the Union government.

BH205-E is a electric drive rear dump truck for large scale coal mining application and was rolled out in the presence of G. Mohan Kumar, Secretary (Defence Production), Ministry of Defence and P. Dwarkanath, CMD at a function in the Mysuru complex.

Indigenously designed and developed, BH205-E Rear Dump Truck is powered by Tier-II emission compliant Modular common rail Electronic Engine with 2300 HP, said a company release. “The AC drive system has been engineered to provide exceptional haul road performance with reduced maintenance”, it added.

The dump truck weighs 335 tons when fully loaded but is easily manoeuvrable power steering and short turning radius. Emphasis has been accorded to operators comfort while designing the machine and it has an ergonically designed instrument panel with telescopic tilt steering wheel. The other salient features of the truck includes large tinted glass windows for good visibility in addition to safety features with provisions for emergency steering, breaking and proximity warning, the release said.

“With the introduction of this new generation Dump Truck, BEML has touched another milestone in its R&D efforts in achieving self-reliance, enhanced productivity in mining operations in line with ‘Make in India’ policy and increased coal production, apart from optimising costs”, the release added.

BEML rolls out country’s biggest dump truck - The Hindu

Impressive! Among Global Top 5!

Technically speaking, may I ... allow me to reduce it to human scale:
  • 5-7 trucks can clean Lahore, Calcutta or Bangalore. That's all it takes.
  • Less then 10 such trucks can cart away ALL of Karachi or Delhi mega-cities entire day's waste garbage generation. Compare with 150 standard 10 ton Tata trucks.
With standard on-board or in-situ compacting and 10-15 runs in a 24 hr. cycle.

Singapore's world beating clean takes only 10 compacting trucks 10-15 runs in a 24 hr. cycle.

I cracked up reading that just Delhi's 50,000 municipal cleaners are going to strike. 50, 000! That's just the govt. types.

50,000! Talk about corruption.

Last edited:
Off topic: yes its iitg..by mistake i had written,are there any option to change nick name? btw my skyscrapercity nick is spp_in_2030

Re. metro shots, looks like Banglore Metro r8?

Modi's doing fine work. Congress left behind $ 300 Billion and a sputtering but better economy then the bankrupt days of the early 90's when India had to pawn it's gold stash.

Cut to now, clear resource sales are ringing in ~ Pak. Rs. 32 Lakh Cr.'s re. Coal, 2 Lakh Cr.'s and counting .... The exchequer's doubled already within 9 months, cash flow, internal and external is up and growing and boom times are on. Modi doubled defence budget without even asking when national security threat from Af.-Pak, China, Sri Lanka etc. is at an all historical time low.

Govt.'s rich.

Last edited:
^^
Huhn.

Sounds over the top.

BRT - new age trams and couple of dual use ( local commuter and tourist use) commuter rope ways all tightly integrated with last mile new electric bicycle stands with dedicated, maybe even elevated bike paths, and auto rickshaws.

Will do the job of non-existent public transport infra. just fine.

Think eco friendly, not high expenditure
( meaning high commissions ).

Learn from Genting Highlands in neighborhood Malaysia, but since exotic official trips are involved, learn from Austria and specially Switzerland. Nice trips too :) !

I'm afraid that the metro will happen no matter what re. rich govt. and India's infra. buzz. The Metro biz. case is all real-estate driven. Good utility for the paying public, patronage-commissions for the neta-builder nexus and long term Global soft loans.

Political bonanza these metro projects, not too bad either. Delhi Metro is 1 of the, if not the greatest public utility in Delhi, along with water roads and electricity (among the best in S. Asia head on with S. Asian top class Ahmedabad, Bombay, Calcutta, Surat, Baroda) if not all of India and turns in a nominal profit. Not all pogey ... by the way Bombay's suburban or local rail based public transport is scaling up not only to fastest in the world hitting 100 km./hr. between stations; it's a money spinner like there's no tomorrow.

Public, or mass transport, is a profitable to very profitable business in India. Ahmedaba, Banglore and Hyderabad bus systems are efficiently and profitably run. Some even say Bangalore Co. makes too much profit !

Re. my post above:

''Pak. Rs. 32 LakhCr.'s re. Coal, 2 Lakh Cr.'s andcounting ....''

Damn those are some big numbers :woot: !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom