What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Yeah. I know. But its still better than having to add Chhatisgarh, MP and Rajasthan to the above mentioned states as non-performing states.

The Eastern DFC should make a dent in these states. That said, unless the politicos of these states want prosperity, nothing much will happen. And I see that the politicos of these states dont want their people to prosper, so that they remain uneducated and poor...and thus reliable vote banks on caste and creed.

All of those states are growing at very fast pace right now,this isn't the 2000s any more we live in 2015 where MP is the fastest growing state of India

I guess the real transformation will happen if/when India shows the foresight and provides China freight access to Arabian sea by directly connecting Kolkata/Nathu La with Western seaboard (perhaps at Vadodara/Kandla) directly. Call it East-West Freight Corridor.

What's more, this corridor will connect all the coal/mineral-rich regions to major industrial areas on west as well as east.

This may even eat into Pakistan-Gwadar's share of pie. Considering that China already has built transport infrastructure on their side from across Nathu La, China would prefer this corridor to a very unstable one through Pakistan.

But that is literally half of Indian population!!

Agreed,Chinese Participation will bring a lot of Benefits

West Bengal? Never heard of that place being a problem. It is not a particularly backward state IMHO. These are it, in no particular order: UP, Bihar, Chattisgadh, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand. I would say not even 50%, more like 60% of India's poor are in these parts.

It would be an interesting thought experiment if we imagined them being expelled from the Indian union. Are they really a drag on the rest of the country or a net asset? More importantly would THEY benefit from separation? Now before the ultra nationalists go all berserk here, know this: Big problems need radical solutions.

Yea, why stop at this ?, expel all other states except Gujarat from Indian union. :lol: Then you can declare disco dandia as the national dance and dhokla as the national food.

Yea, why stop at this ?, expel all other states except Gujarat from Indian union. :lol: Then you can declare disco dandia as the national dance and dhokla as the national food.

That would be economically not feasible.

Salem,Tamil Nadu

Salem 6.jpg

Salem 2.jpg

Salem 1.jpg

Salem 3.jpg

Salem 4.jpg

Salem 5.jpg

Salem 7.jpg

Salem 8.jpg

Salem 9.jpg

Salem 10.jpg

The problem in Bengal is that it has been governed by communist so long and they are anti industrialists and now mamata who is only interest for her well being.All these people are unpatriotic and does not stand for development.The situation is like a proverb saying in malayalam that "A guy strike by lightning and also again bite by a snake"

Idi vettiyavane Pambu Kadichathu Pole :D

Calicut cyber park ,Kerala

I've heard my uncle say that Kozhikode is the only place where you get into an auto and without a word they'll take you where you want to go at the right rates. Is it still the case?

I've heard my uncle say that Kozhikode is the only place where you get into an auto and without a word they'll take you where you want to go at the right rates. Is it still the case?

I also heard the same, the auto drivers are very honest.I don't know the current situation.

Shopping Malls in India

Phoenix Market City, Mumbai

phoenix_marketcity_kurla_mumbai_474869-e1419001367900.jpg

Lulu Mall, Kochi

Lulumall_atrium.JPG

Phoenix Market City, Pune

phoenix_market_city_pune_471238.jpg

Phoenix Market City, Chennai

c9b60f4e-5920-4544-8a34-33c66b44453fOtherImage.jpg

Bangalore Mantri Square Mall
mantri_square_mall_bangalore_749856.jpg

DB City Mall, Bhopal