o752zd.jpg

sctag8.jpg

2emhift.jpg

2vmyfec.jpg

16ggxuv.jpg

5x0s2f.jpg

2ag6o3l.jpg

cc: Master of Disguise on skyscrapercity.com

The first picture is that an Audi S4? New type, good.

Love it. How much is it in India? BTW Indians prefer German cars or Japanese cars, generally speaking?

Yeah I like it too - it's a total stealth car, but I'd rather have the 530d M sport. The S4 costs ₹68 lakhs (US$ 1,12,000+ In Bombay city) fully loaded. Most Indians prefer Japanese models from the houses of Honda and Toyota, more for their fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs than anything else, but that is changing rapidly.

The S4 costs ₹68 lakhs (US$ 1,12,000+ In Bombay city) fully loaded. Most Indians prefer Japanese models from the houses of Honda and Toyota, more for their fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs than anything else, but that is changing rapidly.

US$ 112,000 a little cheaper than China. It‘s not officially on sale in China yet. I guess it will be more than $130,000. Both Japanese and German car sell well in China, but German type, especially the Volkswagen and Audi, has better reputation for its safety build.

Love it. How much is it in India? BTW Indians prefer German cars or Japanese cars, generally speaking?

People who can afford it go for German cars. Although Jaguar/Land Rover is getting quite popular now. Japanese companies rarely bring their high end luxury models to India, this might change in the future.

@Edison Chen Check out this beast, the RS7. It looks like a train wreck, but what a beast it is! The guy who owns it got it as an endorsement present from Audi India. He too hates how it looks but has to keep it and be nice about it. LoL
15cbsx0.jpg

28mpylx.jpg

cc: me (please excuse the quality of the photos above)

People who can afford it go for German cars. Although Jaguar/Land Rover is getting quite popular now. Japanese companies rarely bring their high end luxury models to India, this might change in the future.

Yes, Honda or Toyota's high brands, like Infinity, Acura, Lexus, specifically target at North American market, it's high quality and cheap. But in China, they are very expensive, maybe also in India. Land Rover is more popular than Jaguar in China. I know they were bought by Tata, so it's popular in India.

US$ 112,000 a little cheaper than China. It‘s not officially on sale in China yet. I guess it will be more than $130,000. Both Japanese and German car sell well in China, but German type, especially the Volkswagen and Audi, has better reputation for its safety build.

While well-heeled urban India leans more towards Mercedes, Audi, VW, Skoda, and BMW, semi-urban India is fast catching up. Smaller cities and towns now have more German cars out on their streets than ever before, and this is not only because they are more expensive (read brand value), but because of what you mentioned with regards to safety and build quality.

Last edited:
@Edison Chen Check out this beast, the RS7. It looks like a train wreck, but what a beast it is! The guy who owns it got it as an endorsement present from Audi India. He too hates how it looks but has to keep it and be nice about it. LoL
15cbsx0.jpg

28mpylx.jpg

cc: me (please excuse the quality of the photos above)

I’m so jealous...:D lucky man.

Look at this beautiful body....look at its wheel ! ! this one is more beautiful than I ever met. RS7 may be at least $300,000 in China.

Yes, Honda or Toyota's high brands, like Infinity, Acura, Lexus, specifically target at North American market, it's high quality and cheap. But in China, they are very expensive, maybe also in India. Land Rover is more popular than Jaguar in China. I know they were bought by Tata, so it's popular in India.

Domestic manufacturing has helped. If am not wrong, all the German heavy weights now have their plants in India. This has brought the price down.

Domestic manufacturing has helped. If am not wrong, all the German heavy weights now have their plants in India. This has brought the price down.

True that. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW/Skoda, all have plants here, but specialty models like the S4/S6/RS7, BMW's M-powered cars, Merc's AMG models etc. are still fully imported.

True that. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW/Skoda, all have plants here, but specialty models like the S4/S6/RS7, BMW's M-powered cars, Merc's AMG models etc. are still fully imported.

Well of course, but the people who can afford those monsters don't really care about the price now do they :D

While well-heeled urban India leans more towards Mercedes, Audi, VW, Skoda, and BMW, semi-urban India is fast catching up. Smaller cities and towns now have more German cars out on their streets than ever before, and this is not only because they are mor expensive, but because of what you mentioned with regards to safety and build quality.

India has lots of top rich now, they can afford much luxury cars. German cars also have lower brand available for common citizens not that rich, like Jetta.

This "lucky man" cannot wait to get rid of it. :D

He should switch RS7 for this one...:coffee:

That's good for India. Cost will be lower if the cars made domestically, they pay more attention to Asian market now.

Back
Top Bottom