India Developing, but still a long way to go

AyKfOwV.jpg

63UStfC.jpg

U73wE2I.jpg

xK8rPRs.jpg

c6V7CVk.jpg

wnaUxwe.jpg

Jaipur Metro

Mumbai was to turn into Shanghai, but ending up, wanna bet, like Macao via Las Vegas

With the likes of Hafeez Contractor and his chamchas still actively involved in building design, one can expect more Vegas/Macau tackiness coming our way. All I want (and I believe I speak for the majority of Bombayites here), is for Bombay to become a much better Bombay, not some wanton city, just because a vile, illiterate politician pulled something out of his rear many years ago for the lack of anything better to say. And as a result, a few Indian media houses (and a couple of unfortunate Indians) seem to be stuck in a time warp in which all they do, is make illogical comparisons without bearing in mind the context.

Petro-dollars? In AP? Please explain, this is perhaps the first time I have heard about this. In any case, you are slightly mistaken on one thing. True, AP was never a BIMARU state but it was actually not that far behind either to tell you the truth. The naxalite infestation in the state that has not been eradicated to this date is a testament to that. That being said, AP is one of the miracle states of India. Gujarat was much much ahead but now it is behind. If only Bihar / UP could emulate AP model....
Naxalites are eradicated in AP long time ago.By AP police commandoes called greyhouds who did combing ops in forests.They only linger on borders of ap near chattisgarh dantewada etc.Not many states could emulate the AP police success and model in eradicating naxals from its states.AP has a higher literacy state to begin with since the beginning.TDP rule made sure it became indias silicon valley by bringing microsoft and other companies to hyderabad.Chandrababu Naidu did a lot of development like Modi did in gujarat.That growth has somewhat stalled in alst 6 yrs due to telangana struggle. For Bhiar/Up to emulate AP model they need to educate their people first make sure everyone including women are educated have a literacy rate around 70% atleast then only can they emulate this model.

Petro-dollars? In AP? Please explain, this is perhaps the first time I have heard about this. In any case, you are slightly mistaken on one thing. True, AP was never a BIMARU state but it was actually not that far behind either to tell you the truth. The naxalite infestation in the state that has not been eradicated to this date is a testament to that. That being said, AP is one of the miracle states of India. Gujarat was much much ahead but now it is behind. If only Bihar / UP could emulate AP model....

^^
AP Petro dollars? Why you never heard of Krishna-Godavari oil & gas basin?

Do you know how the oil & gas business works? Simple, you find oil & gas, verify and re-verify. Done.
Go raise money and start pumping, refining, retailing ...
Raising money is easy because the resource is the collateral. Remember, this is just the start, that K-G basin is huge, unexplored and many prospector's.

Rajasthan, same thing. Bihar has moved on with Nitish. MP is on it's way with the Delhi-Mumbai Corridor project on it's western and populated border. The northern badlands of MP are empty and uninhabitable. There has been so much development that even BIMARU states aren't what they used to be.

While i post those pics let me remind you these hospitals are totally free.No cost attached They were established in AP, .Puttaparthi first and Whitefield,Bengaluru. They do it for free.But there is a long waiting list because of the patient load.They give priority as such:-
1)Kids first.
2)Bread winners or Earning members of the family without whom their family will fall in trouble.
3)Geriatric patients.
Seen many people complain about long waiting lists etc. But it's FREE!
I told you guys how they differentiate.It's all FREE! I would like to see such a hospital yet in USA and around this world who does it free.

If you view this Puttaparthi hospital from a aerial view the whole hospital was designed in the shape of OM
3300464-om-religious-figure-brass.jpg

Last edited:
With the likes of Hafeez Contractor and his chamchas still actively involved in building design, one can expect more Vegas/Macau tackiness coming our way. All I want (and I believe I speak for the majority of Bombayites here), is for Bombay to become a much better Bombay, not some wanton city, just because a vile, illiterate politician pulled something out of his rear many years ago for the lack of anything better to say. And as a result, a few Indian media houses (and a couple of unfortunate Indians) seem to be stuck in a time warp in which all they do, is make illogical comparisons without bearing in mind the context.

^^
I am a fan of Contractor.
  • Contractor is one of the greatest architects in the world IMHO.Comprende ?
Let's see you retort, rebutt or at least go on defence?

• perhaps not that easy to fund ,the estimated cost of inter-linking the rivers is around 6,00,000 Cr. ($100 bill) and its still rising the longer we take the higher would be da price.
    And PPP model seems to workout only in few indian cities probably because of lack of the public support('P'PP =public=govt) to the private players ,there's no partenership at all,the private players had to fund the (~90%) of the project and then later had to struggle with clearence,rehabilatation etc, which is the govt work to do.things had to change if phase 2 of the infra boom has to come. it is also the private player that had to be blamed and not just the govt.,because say like L&T n many out there, they divide the projects into may parts and few sections of the projects are given to local contractors without doing the entire project all by themselves and that leads to delays and poor quality of projects and this mostly happens in govt projects like metro rail , roads ,highways ,expressways ,railway projects and not in most of residential projects ,there's a lot to be done to get a better result even by PPP model.
    and by the way double decker trains began in the mid 1970's in india its nothing new ,its just that now they had come in a new avatar :D

For eg., India's KG natural gas finds:

Going by the trend, the other's will be in the same region. So, in Billions $ 100 + $ 125 + $ 150 + $ 150 = $ 525 Billion!
  • 14 trillion cubic feet of gas by Reliance Industries in KG-DWN-98/l (KG-D6) in 2002.[3] 6000 feet below the sea floor.[4]
  • 20 trillion cubic feet (5.7×1011 m3)cubic feet of gas by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation in June 2005.[5]
  • Potentially 20 trillion cubic feet (5.7×1011 m3) of gas in place at D-3 and D-9 blocks, as estimated in May 2011. According to Reliance Industries: "This includes identified prospects and leads and a number of postulated prospects based on the play area and field size distribution."[6]
  • A gas discovery by ONGC in June 2009, which an anonymous company official said could have an estimated 10 trillion cubic feet (2.8×1011 m3).[7]
Just # 1 Reliance's D6 is budgeted at 100 Billion!

Never mind the scandals in the press, it's normal that as exploration goes on, more paydirt is possible.
If I was a betting man, I'd bet between double-to-triple of the above approx. 75 tcf. 150-225 in the local Bay of Bengal.
India's got a big bite of Mozambique, Russia, US, Burma, Bangla and Vietnam gas and even shale gas plays. Another 100 tcf easy. I think another 10-25 tcf will pop up in Assam Arakan basin, Bombay High basin, Cambay Gujarat basin and Rajasthan.

So how much is that. Pakistans' famed, oldest and largest Sui gas field is 2 tcf Vs. India's total per above, about 250 tcf that will need investments of $ 1-2 Trillion to develop fully.

These mega heuristics remain under reported. And I'm being very conservative, for eg. Rovuma Mozambique where Indian co.'s are acitive could go upto 100 tcf!

$ Trillions, 100's of tcf ... these are some big numbers, boy. India's developing but still a long way to go ... maybe not.

Last edited:
Contractor is one of the greatest architects in the world IMHO.

Naah with you, it's boring and pointless, but what I will do is question your taste. ;)

Last edited:
^^
I am a fan of Contractor.
  • Contractor is one of the greatest architects in the world IMHO.Comprende ?

Now wait just a minute here... Really patentneer? You think that dumbfuk is a good architect? Both my parents are top notch architects, I have seen what they and their colleagues can do. Hafiz is a joke. He is more of a businessman than an architect. Just look at the gaudy crap that his senile brain has spewed out all over Navi Mumbai. Even Pyongyang with all its dullness has better architecture.

I have lived among architects and artists all my life so I know a thing or two (despite not being one). Architecture is all about a brilliant mix of aesthetics and efficient use of space. Hafiz does neither. You might be a fan, no doubt. However, you fan-dom must be based on sound logic and a good understanding of what he does. Without that you are not a fan but a fan-atic.. catch my drift??

Yeah. I kinda shed a tear or two each time I pass a Greco Roman-inspired "creation" of Hafeez's. It really does hurt the trained eye.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom