What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

could you please edit your post mate so that pics can directly be seen without opening the links.anyways nice pics thanks again.
DONE. :)
6517591649_b46335cc08_b.jpg

62915480264e5c63fc85b.jpg

My only regret (and which is a big one) is that other Indian cities are not going vertical :( This means many things :-

1) We are putting all our eggs (read GDP) into one basket, Mumbai/Delhi which are the only Indian cities with a good growth rate

2) Height rules in other places are fucked up

Probably both factors are in play here.
Well you can add ''Kolkata'' to that basket of cities with good growth in terms of skyscrapers.
2.well i do agree wid you upto a certain extent about FSI for indian cities,mumbai n delhi still dissapoint me wid their FSI of 4 at max,mumbai can be an exceptio because of its narrow roads n many other reasons where it is better to not allow an FSI in excess of 10 like in shanghai but NCR should get a better FSI somewhere close to 6-7 as it has got a better infrastructure than mumbai but it is not like FSI is limited to mumbai n delhi, cities like hyderabad n chennai have alloted FSI of 6 and 4 respectively , still builders mostly perfer to build 20-30 stories.FSI alone is not a solution ,its better to build sattalite cities that would decongest the cities like mumbai n build t
ier2 tier3 cities that would stop the migration of those living in these cities to the tier1 cities.

Hyderabad
---------------

Are they going to re-name ...
  • TSR-bad, Telenganabad, Hydera-illi-dilli-pilli-billy?
    The -billy in Hyderabilly or Telenganabilly is in honour of Bill Gates re: Microsoft offices in the capital and new Microsoft boss from the city also;), wot?
10054972055_1169ed6b1b_b.jpg

971956_550284688354380_828176551_n.jpg

Madras
-----------

8480018414_f1cce695ef_b.jpg

970791_577819405585184_953566872_n.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why all our cities have to go vertical. It's much better to develop the tier2 and tier3 cities along with the major metropolitans. That way, we can reduce the population influx to major cities and mitigate the necessity to go vertical.

^^^
No choice, I don't see how anyone can post a impractical post like you ;).

With 60 + yrs. of solid democracy behind it, India must move on to become an inclusive place.
Colonialism was exclusive, not inclusive at all.
  • For eg. all those 'cantonments' in the middle of Indian mega-cities are land grabs by inheritors of the Colonial regime, the defence establishment. Plus all the police quarters, police stations, grounds etc. PWD depts., rail and port lands, tax and revenue offices, slat pans, gauthans, milk dairies and agricultural research lands smack in the middle of mega-cities were colonial land grabs or land developments, whatever. For crying out loud, a forest inside Bombay megapolis, a ridge forest and cantonment in the middle of mega Delhi, 1/2 of Bangalore central is cantonment and defence lands, Chennai and Calcutta are no different.
All above real-estate assets need to be desecrated. Auction to the highest bidder. Build elite, exclusive, world class, Global, luxurious, prestigious high-end executive super tall clusters on them.

Offset the money for farther off suburban public housing with super-duper infrastructure to the above and discourage slums. Hong Kong does it, Singapore does it, China does it ...

That's why I support AAP movement because AAP's into change and inclusiveness. Not status-quo.
And that's exactly why I don't support BJP. It's into crony capitalism and exclusiveness by hijacking ppl.'s emotional and religious sentiments. Congress ditto, minus the religion, yet status-quo all over.

Just like sex, emotions and religion are personal, private and intimate issues.

Last edited:
Well you can add ''Kolkata'' to that basket of cities with good growth in terms of skyscrapers.
2.well i do agree wid you upto a certain extent about FSI for indian cities,mumbai n delhi still dissapoint me wid their FSI of 4 at max,mumbai can be an exceptio because of its narrow roads n many other reasons where it is better to not allow an FSI in excess of 10 like in shanghai but NCR should get a better FSI somewhere close to 6-7 as it has got a better infrastructure than mumbai but it is not like FSI is limited to mumbai n delhi, cities like hyderabad n chennai have alloted FSI of 6 and 4 respectively , still builders mostly perfer to build 20-30 stories.FSI alone is not a solution ,its better to build sattalite cities that would decongest the cities like mumbai n build t
ier2 tier3 cities that would stop the migration of those living in these cities to the tier1 cities.

Umm.. well not really. Kolkata is predominantly a 20-25 storey city as of now with few 35 - 45 here and there. Nothing remarkable by any standard. For a city of 15 million I would expect far far far more, with atleast a couple of supertalls U/C and many many 50 - 60 storeys.

Umm.. well not really. Kolkata is predominantly a 20-25 storey city as of now with few 35 - 45 here and there. Nothing remarkable by any standard. For a city of 15 million I would expect far far far more, with atleast a couple of supertalls U/C and many many 50 - 60 storeys.
Well neither does NCR has any supertalls under its belt,mumbai has just added its first supertall wid many U/C ,no other indian cities apart from mumbai has any plan of building a supertall.talks of supertalls pooping out in every city looks good only wid china as of yet.kolkata i agree has a large population with a very high population density but it is upto the political class out their to make out a plan for making the city grow vertical,all we can do is wait and watch :pop:

Indian mega-cities are funny because there's nothing Indian about them. India is a majority Hindu country.
Indian cities do not reflect the spiritual bearing of the vast majority of it's people.

Tier 1 Bombay, Calcutta and Madras were set-up by the British from scratch, no: worse than that; set up on the fringe from islands, bog's, swamps etc. Old Delhi, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Allahabad, Amdavad, Bhopal, Cochin were Muslim. Bangalore, Kanpur, Dehradoon, Jabalpur - British cantonment towns. Jaipur, Indore, Patna, Pune, Puri maybe only major exceptions.

The main Sikh city was Lahore, main Hindu cities were Karachi, Dacca and interestingly, Srinagar too.

There are 5 points here.

1. Indian, majority Hindu cities, were compromised thorough 100's of yrs. of colonialism.

2. India's colonial cities are the nodes of it's boom. It is driven to the hinterlands from said nodes.

3. Chandigarh was a new city built by India, to compensate for Lahore. New Delhi was built just before independence, and amplified to the second largest urban conurbation in the world since then. Both represent India's majority Hindu population and minority Sikh and Muslim populations in a natural, organic way.

4. Bombay, Bangalore, Madras, Calcutta, Cochin, Amdavad, Hyderabad radiate prosperity. New Delhi, being newer, has only just caught up. Kanpur self-sabotaged. Lahore must radiate the same prosperity as the Colonial cities of India, but being much older, Lahore's catchment area must capture all of North Pakistan. As Karachi would naturally capture all of South Pakistan. The decline of Karachi sent business to Bombay and Dubai. The civil war in Northern, North-Western and Outlying areas of Pakistani Punjab means Lahore lost out to upstart New Delhi. As said, New Delhi is second biggest in the world!

5. Time to build Indian mega cities. Thankfully, that's exactly what's up in the Delhi-Mumbai corridor.

^^^
Fantastic.

Developmentally speaking, and not just real-estate, the stage is set.
Elections coming up, all parties are pushing development, empowerment, inclusiveness to some extent.
  • No matter who is elected, India's set to ka-boom, economics 101! Mark my words!
If Congress wins, boom will be externally driven because Congress is a Global party.
BJP, the boom will be internally driven. India's on a roll, she's the future of the world; think future pensions.

^^^
Fantastic.

Developmentally speaking, and not just real-estate, the stage is set.
Elections coming up, all parties are pushing development, empowerment, inclusiveness to some extent.
  • No matter who is elected, India's set to ka-boom, economics 101! Mark my words!
If Congress wins, boom will be externally driven because Congress is a Global party.
BJP, the boom will be internally driven. India's on a roll, she's the future of the world; think future pensions.

I think I will have to respectfully disagree with the last point. Do you really think, in your heart of hearts that the election of Congress can do any good for India? What data do you base your conclusions on? The Congress model has failed miserably, I am surprised you do not see it. At the helm is an ineffective and incompetent leadership who can't think for shit and lower down are self-serving babus who are confused about whether they are communists or capitalists. It has no clear vision for the future and will drag the country down even further, as if the damage they have done in the past 2 years is not enough. Seriously, BJP might just provide the internal / external / whatever driven growth you talk about.

They are not perfect, far from it. However, they have very strong minded leaders who have proven track record of getting things done. That is the kind of politician I respect. Rest are scum.

I think I will have to respectfully disagree with the last point. Do you really think, in your heart of hearts that the election of Congress can do any good for India? What data do you base your conclusions on? The Congress model has failed miserably, I am surprised you do not see it. At the helm is an ineffective and incompetent leadership who can't think for shit and lower down are self-serving babus who are confused about whether they are communists or capitalists. It has no clear vision for the future and will drag the country down even further, as if the damage they have done in the past 2 years is not enough. Seriously, BJP might just provide the internal / external / whatever driven growth you talk about.

They are not perfect, far from it. However, they have very strong minded leaders who have proven track record of getting things done. That is the kind of politician I respect. Rest are scum.

^^^

What nonsense:
  • "The Congress model has failed miserably"
Check this thread all over again, India is developing but still a long way to go ;). Most of the stuff in this thread cam up in the last 25 yrs. The yrs. of
  • Dr. Manmohan Singh
His Ph.D. thesis is online. It is about how to reform the Indian economy. I've looked it up, you?
  • Learn to give credit where credit is due.
I know it's fashionable among zealots and zionists to knock the PM and the Congress, but remember Hitler's Nazi Germany got knocked and it took them another 50 yrs. to get back on track because he hijacked ppl.'s common sense with emotionalism. Be educated, think logically, literally, deductively, rationally. We are in the 21'st century.

'Bull Run' Modi is a dynamic leader and will take India to unprecedented, 'Sone-Ki-Chidiya' levels of development. By the way, there is not 1 consistent negative about Modi. BJP needs some spring cleaning, in-house, otherwise, BJP rocks. Specially at the lower, goonish levels, the BJP needs a younger crew at the helm.

If Rahul Gandhi was a democratic type of politician, he could join the AAP party, this new party is a very exciting for inclusive, bottom-up development in India. Nod need for Rahul to be a dynast. Problem is dynasty. Mama, others maybe but why does Rahul need to be dynastic? Or the boss? He is still young.

I'm not into Indian politics, I am not even from Asia, never mind India.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom