What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

The Eastern Freeway, Bombay contd...

zsw5.jpg

Do they have any plan to paint the monorail pillars??

Hey, Every one I am really happy to see all development goin on in our country. I would like to know more about the develpment in Tamil Nadu and specially in Chennai.

One news I heard is that along with Metro Chennai is also considering Mono Rail.

Hey, Every one I am really happy to see all development goin on in our country. I would like to know more about the develpment in Tamil Nadu and specially in Chennai.

One news I heard is that along with Metro Chennai is also considering Mono Rail.

That was originally proposed in 2006 when Jayalaltha was in power.It was her pet project and Had the project been executed, it would have been the biggest monorail project in the planet covering over 300 km.As soon as she was voted the plan got cancelled.The project got a new life when she came back to power,the revised project will be 111-km long and will serve as a feeder for Chennai Metro and Suburban Railway.

TH18_MONORAIL_new_e_757574e.jpg

As far as I know the bidding process is underway.Construction is expected to start very soon.

If you really want updates, please visit skyscrapercity site (Path: SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Railways and Transportation). All projects are discussed there in much more detail...

Wow!

Look at that mono rail, it's got both x, y axis.

Technically speaking, I am all for mono-rail.

India & now Karachi is sold, or should I say 'sold-out', on metro rail.
Metro is big, bold and expensive. And takes a long time. Vs. mass sub. rail Mumbai, and massive to boot, check:

th

Ladiescoach_Mumbai_Reuters.jpg

Air-conditioned cheap, mass rapid rail with last mile mono-rail re: dense and cluttered bazaars, colonies and complexes will do fine.

Idea is to upgrade existing or colonial city rail to mass rail and save massively, and last mile mono rail for lesser loads. As mono rail tech. improves re: light carbon-fiber bogies, solar power propulsion etc.; more bogies can be added with more passenger load. Run last mile mono in loops for cheap and fast implement.

Kashmir train, by the way:

getimage.dll-times%252520of%252520india.jpg

This train's a game changer re: Kshmir economy. Goras gonna pile in.
There's nothing more goras crave then to pile-up on Indian Railways cattle class, pennies on a $.
Sensex houseboat stocks will go off the charts ;) .

:offtopic:

Talk about India's 'soft power', check the Indian influence,
ng, music etc., proof:

Suleman of Turkish B/D & Desi Guy in UK's Got Talent
-------------------------------------------------------------------

watch

PAKISTANI Guy in America's Got Talent
--------------------------------------

watch

Awesome thread. Re: above real-estate project, totally do-able, I give it 5 to 7 yrs.

Patna, and Bihar can well afford this re: multi million strong Bihari immigrants all over India and Globally who can invest in advance. Good investment for Bihar diaspora, and seed capital on top.

Bihar badly need this for an image makeover.

Of the erstwhile BIMARU states, Rajasthan & Bihar are well on their exit, thanks to oil and Nitish respectively, and thank God for that!

MP will be OK in due time, and going by Noida, Great. Noida hi-tech., auto, high-rises and expressways all in western UP, even UP has role moels but when will it really wake up?

Construction of 33.5 km Mumbai metro Line-3 corridor approved

The government has given its approval for the construction of a 33.5 km-long metro corridor in Mumbai which would run from Colaba to Santacruz electronics export processing zone (SEEPZ) via Bandra.

The approval for the corridor, which is also known as Mumbai Metro Line-3, was given at a meeting of the Union Cabinet held yesterday evening.

The total completion cost of the project is estimated at Rs 23,136 crore and the line through its total length of 33.5 km will be underground. The gauge would be standard gauge, as per the detailed project report (DPR).

The project is scheduled to be completed in six years by March 2019 from the date of start of work in the financial year 2013-14.

An official statement released here said that the cabinet had also approved the conversion of the existing state level special purpose vehicle (SPV) - Mumbai Metro rail corporation (MMRC) into a joint venture company of the government of India (GoI) and government of Maharashtra (GoM), with equity participation on 50:50 basis.

MMRC is the agency which would be implementing the line three metro corridor. The joint ownership company will continue to be named as MMRC and has been created on a similar pattern as the Delhi Metro, Bangalore Metro, Chennai Metro and Kochi Metro.

The promoters of MMRC, the Government of India and the Maharashtra government would nominate five directors each to the board of directors of the SPV, which shall have 10 nominee Directors.

The secretary, ministry of urban development will be the ex-officio Chairman of the Board, the statement said.

Construction of 33.5 km Mumbai metro corridor approved - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom