What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Guys any update on the Namaste tower?

No updates since the 18th of May...
20130519074923.jpg

CC: Coolguyz
Source: LOWER PAREL | Namaste Tower - W Hotel | 301 m | 62 fl | U/C - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

They built a 17km freeway with 2 pathetic lanes on both sides. In 10-15 years , this so called freeway will no longer be able to accommodate traffic and will be like any other regional road. In no other country around the world except India does this 2 lane road qualify as an expressway.

I'd agree with you on the lack of foresight on the part of the Indian Government in many cases, and I know you mean well, but to say that a 4-lane urban expressway built to cater solely to north-south/SoBo-eastern suburban traffic, is a case of bad future planning, is a bit much. With Bombay's south-end (VT/Churchgate/Nariman Point/Colaba/Cuffe Parade/docks) already mostly fully built up and saturated with homes and businesses, this piece of infrastructure will serve the city's needs adequately for the next few decades. Besides, if I could have it my way, I'd rather the MSRDC build a fully underground expressway...that way, our already space-starved city could have more open spaces for parks etc.

By the way, Tokyo, Osaka, HK, and a few other densely packed cities, have had long-winding 2x2 lane urban expressways for decades.

Canada 's roads...have you ever left toronto or vancouver and driven on your highways they have big potholes and worse than India's roads..some places in Canada are like old delhi or like second tier city...

Whatever it is you are smoking , it's really good stuff. I freakin live there. No place in Canada , except some isolated towns in Nunavut and Northwest Territories, have roads like Old Delhi. And the only reason they have roads like these is because like 50-100 people live in those towns. Don't even bother to compare Canada's roads with Indian roads, there is no comparison. They started building freeways like the 400 series back in the 1960s when we were building mudroads for bullock carts

401 highway is always jammed up since this is the only highway which connects Toronto to its suburbs and then Montreal..there are very few highways in Canada since you have compared Canada with India..the total population of Canada is 34 million which is double the population of new delhi so comparing the eastern expressway to 401 is no comparison

Yes , did you even bother to read what I said ? Exactly , Canada's population is 34 million , still they build each freeway having 5-6 lanes on each side , so a total of 10-12 lanes. We have a population of more than 1 billion and we build freeways with 2 lanes on each side. Which is why Eastern Freeway is a perfect example of bad future planning and the 401 is an excellent model freeway that was built 40 years ago and still functions perfectly.

I'm thinking, by plan they'll build over and along the sea next.

Yeah I think that's just what they plan to do with the Western Freeway System. I'd rather they build over the sea than along the coast, though. Fingers crossed.

Canada's population is 34 million , still they build each freeway having 5-6 lanes on each side , so a total of 10-12 lanes. We have a population of more than 1 billion and we build freeways with 2 lanes on each side. Which is why Eastern Freeway is a perfect example of bad future planning and the 401 is an excellent model freeway that was built 40 years ago and still functions perfectly.

Have you considered the parts of the city the Eastern freeway is meant to connect? Have you considered the difference in the usage of the 401 and the EF, the areas and demographic they cover etc? The volume of vehicles traversing the western parts of the city warrants the building of wider carriageways, case in point - the BWSL. Again, this is an urban expressway cutting through some very sensitive areas; Ex-urban expressways all across the country have been built keeping both present and future vehicle numbers in view eg. the MPE, Yamuna, and DG expressways. Your argument is way too simplistic, mate.

Whatever it is you are smoking , it's really good stuff. I freakin live there. No place in Canada , except some isolated towns in Nunavut and Northwest Territories, have roads like Old Delhi. And the only reason they have roads like these is because like 50-100 people live in those towns. Don't even bother to compare Canada's roads with Indian roads, there is no comparison. They started building freeways like the 400 series back in the 1960s when we were building mudroads for bullock carts

Yes , did you even bother to read what I said ? Exactly , Canada's population is 34 million , still they build each freeway having 5-6 lanes on each side , so a total of 10-12 lanes. We have a population of more than 1 billion and we build freeways with 2 lanes on each side. Which is why Eastern Freeway is a perfect example of bad future planning and the 401 is an excellent model freeway that was built 40 years ago and still functions perfectly.

when they are jammed up ..that looks like good planning to you..I am smoking but you are dreaming..with 34 million population if the highway is congested..you can do your own math that there are very less highways or roads there ..so the system is clogged..forget about small cities ..even your big cities are congested and cramped..example old delhi..montreal..toronto..vancouver..you name it ..traffic jams ..all the population are concentrated in select cities montreal, toronto, vancouver..now a days calgary..India has hundred of cities..with comparison ..better infra..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom