What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

No offense but do this skyscrapers have any toilets? I am only asking because Indians have a strong apathy for using toilets. Atleast the stats say that. :)

very funny..this is sarcastic ..keep your trap shut and enjoy the forumn

Cochin Shipyard to develop a new Shipyard and Ship Repair Center at 2000 crores at 20 acres of land and 37 acres of water area. The Dry Docks will do ship repairs and water repairs of rigs and semi submersible vessels. This will be the most major expansion project of India's largest Govt Shipyard, as part of its diversification project.

1002233_465385353546308_729532963_n.jpg

^^

Hey-hey, ignore the troll!

Trolling 101- the idea is 'hit & run' to get reaction.
Hopefully, it'll derail and depress the thread.

Don't feed the troll, silly.

patentneer- you eat sleep india defense..but both your flags are canadian..either you are not true to the country you immigrated to or you are arrogant enough not to put an Indian flag showing your old background..cheers

I don't really like to bash the government on all matters , but the Eastern Freeway is a perfect example of bad future planning , although it will certainly be of great use to the people for the next 5-10 years. They built a 17km freeway with 2 pathetic lanes on both sides. In 10-15 years , this so called freeway will no longer be able to accommodate traffic and will be like any other regional road. In no other country around the world except India does this 2 lane road qualify as an expressway. We have only 2 million people in Toronto , but our expressways for instance Gardiner expressway , 401 , 403 all have 4-5 lanes on each side. Of course I realize we (India) are still a developing country and don't have too much money to spend like Canada , but when you are making something 17 km long and spending billions, why not make it world class the first time around? Even 3 lanes on each side would have ensured the project's viability for around 20 years , but now , yeah.... 10 years and it will be just like any other road in mumbai.

Gardiner expressway and 401,403 highways were built back in the 1970s. They got it right the first time. They still serve as main highways in and out of Toronto and ensure smooth traffic flow. Now that's called planning for the future.

401 highway is always jammed up since this is the only highway which connects Toronto to its suburbs and then Montreal..there are very few highways in Canada since you have compared Canada with India..the total population of Canada is 34 million which is double the population of new delhi so comparing the eastern expressway to 401 is no comparison

Canada's mega infra Vs. India's pindia infra. Like the 2x2 hanging 'road.'. They could at least planned a double-decker, even quad deck for future reference.

I feel our infra. built a gen. ago was elitist and only now are we getting world class mass transport like Vancouver sky train. Montreal metro and Toronto's Go train mass rail and tram & bus are hardly future proof, not like Dubai metro but thankfully not Mumbai local either.

60's-80's, India was poor when Canada was rich. Now metro projects or even Mumbai mono rail are neck-to-neck with Canadian upgrades or slightly ahead. Road infra is comparatively awesome in Canada.

Given the leaps in infra. technologies, India is 1/2 there and given 5 more yrs., will catch-up.

Development wise India is best compared with France's developmental stages. France went from an agri. base to Concorde, Airbus, Scorpenes, Dassault, Ariane rockets, high speed TGV Rail, telecom ... you name it. A modern economy?

patentneer- you eat sleep india defense..but both your flags are canadian..either you are not true to the country you immigrated to or you are arrogant enough not to put an Indian flag showing your old background..cheers

^^
Who-what?

Neither me nor my parents are immigrants. Why do you ask?

What about you?

Canada's mega infra Vs. India's pindia infra. Like the 2x2 hanging 'road.'. They could at least planned a double-decker, even quad deck for future reference.

I feel our infra. built a gen. ago was elitist and only now are we getting world class mass transport like Vancouver sky train. Montreal metro and Toronto's Go train mass rail and tram & bus are hardly future proof, not like Dubai metro but thankfully not Mumbai local either.

60's-80's, India was poor when Canada was rich. Now metro projects or even Mumbai mono rail are neck-to-neck with Canadian upgrades or slightly ahead. Road infra is comparatively awesome in Canada.

Given the leaps in infra. technologies, India is 1/2 there and given 5 more yrs., will catch-up.

Development wise India is best compared with France's developmental stages. France went from an agri. base to Concorde, Airbus, Scorpenes, Dassault, Ariane rockets, high speed TGV Rail, telecom ... you name it. A modern economy?

Canada 's roads...have you ever left toronto or vancouver and driven on your highways they have big potholes and worse than India's roads..some places in Canada are like old delhi or like second tier city...

Back
Top Bottom