What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Remember some years ago, there was huge hue n cry when US firms patented traditional south asian stuff like Basmati, Neem, Turmeric, etc?

To counter that India initiated the TPDL project in 2001. Now with 34 million pages of information that it shares with the patent offices worldwide, it is hoped that our traditional knowledge and 'gharelu-nuskhe' are not stolen by the businesses anywhere in the world... :)

Read more here:
Traditional Knowledge Digital Library is an Indian digital knowledge repository of the traditional knowledge, especially about medicinal plants and formulations used in Indian systems of medicine. Set up in 2001, as a collaboration between the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (Dept. of AYUSH), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, the objective of the library is to protect the ancient and traditional knowledge of the country from exploitation through bio-piracy and unethical patents, by documenting it electronically and classifying it as per international patent classification systems. Apart from that, the non-patent database also serves to foster modern research based on traditional knowledge, as its simplifies access to this vast knowledge, be it of traditional remedies, or practices.

As of 2010, it had transcribed 148 books on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Yoga in public domain, into 34 million pages of information, translated into five languages — English, German, French, Spanish and Japanese. Data on 80,000 formulations in Ayurveda, 1,000,000 in Unani and 12,000 in Siddha had already been put in the TKDL.

Plus it has also signed agreements with leading international patent offices such as European Patent Office (EPO), United Kingdom Trademark & Patent Office (UKPTO) and the United States Patent and Trademark Office to protect traditional knowledge from biopiracy, by giving patent examiners at International Patent Offices access to the TKDL database for patent search and examinations purposes.

Indian origin immigrants in the US tried to steal; pleased to add :) . Otherwise, no comment.

Posting from Delhi, a 1/2 glitzy presentation.
I have been to most of the places and scenes, civil; not filmy style:

Heading over to the Himalayas tomorrow by Delhi-Kathgodam train.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamunotri
-W Hotel-288m-63floor+ St.Regis Hotel-220m-46floor Noida under Site preparation

noied.png

noij.png

location shown in black arrow....

35bimb7.jpg

deekshith-skyscrapercity
Status of Tallest buildings in Delhi NCR:

_______Name____________Height____Floors_____Status_____City_____Location

01_WCC Iconic Tower____~400m_____100_____Site Prep___Noida____Sector 32

02_Supernova Spira_______300m______80______U/C_______Noida____Sector 94

03_Brys Buzz_____________300m______80______App_______Noida____Sector 150

04_Sikka Dream High_____300m______80______App_______Noida____Sector 143

05_Yamunotri W Hotel____288m______63_____Site Prep___Noida____Sector 44

06_North Eye_____________255m______66______U/C_______Noida____Sector 74

07_St. Regis Hotel________220m______46_____Site Prep___Noida____Sector 44

08_M3M Golf Estate T1___~200m______60______U/C______Gurgaon___Sector 65

09_Raheja Revanta_______196m______56______U/C_______Gurgaon___Sector 78

10_Wave Vertica_________~190m______50_____Site Prep___Noida_____Sector 18

11_Delhi One_____________190m______42______U/C_______Noida_____Sector 16B

12_IREO Victory Valley T1__178m______51______U/C______Gurgaon___Sector 67

13_IREO Victory Valley T2__178m______51______U/C______Gurgaon___Sector 67

14_Wave One_____________140m______40______U/C_______Noida____Sector 18

:yahoo:

my city:smitten:
149495_10151834990172678_2040710184_n.jpg
542740_10151458754559360_43346557_n.jpg
602369_10151230320014360_1642586675_n.jpg
387115_10151069210509360_1553990365_n.jpg
601000_10150947212534360_1471970879_n.jpg

city not much developed but i still love it :D

Broooooo ur from jalandhar, OMG me too. Lived in Model town for 10 yrs before moving to Canada in 2012 for engineering at Waterloo. What a beautifull city. Miss my days, should be back by this year end.

Even though it is not a metro city and definitely not ahead of big guys like Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Delhi etc, but this city offers good lifestyle, decent infrastructure and cleanliness only second to Chandigarh in Punjab.

Broooooo ur from jalandhar, OMG me too. Lived in Model town for 10 yrs before moving to Canada in 2012 for engineering at Waterloo. What a beautifull city. Miss my days, should be back by this year end.

Even though it is not a metro city and definitely not ahead of big guys like Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Delhi etc, but this city offers good lifestyle, decent infrastructure and cleanliness only second to Chandigarh in Punjab.
yup one of the best cities of punjab!!....bro hope u remember model town gehri route:P......gol market...etc....city is undergoing many changes they might shock u :D.
it good u identified ur city from these pics :)

Yamunotri
-W Hotel-288m-63floor+ St.Regis Hotel-220m-46floor Noida under Site preparation

noied.png

noij.png

location shown in black arrow....

35bimb7.jpg

deekshith-skyscrapercity
Status of Tallest buildings in Delhi NCR:

_______Name____________Height____Floors_____Status_____City_____Location

01_WCC Iconic Tower____~400m_____100_____Site Prep___Noida____Sector 32

02_Supernova Spira_______300m______80______U/C_______Noida____Sector 94

03_Brys Buzz_____________300m______80______App_______Noida____Sector 150

04_Sikka Dream High_____300m______80______App_______Noida____Sector 143
Incidentally all the above buildings will be as tall or taller (WCC ICONIC TOWER) than the tallest building in the entire EU (the Shard)!

yup one of the best cities of punjab!!....bro hope u remember model town gehri route:P......gol market...etc....city is undergoing many changes they might shock u :D.
it good u identified ur city from these pics :)

Yeah some of my frnds from Waterloo went to Jalandhar recently and they told me about the new malls and the middle class boom happening in the city. I have to say bro I love this city. Hopefully I get a chance to see it again soon.

Yeah some of my frnds from Waterloo went to Jalandhar recently and they told me about the new malls and the middle class boom happening in the city. I have to say bro I love this city. Hopefully I get a chance to see it again soon.

yeah and all the flyovers are completed which were main problem of our city:yahoo: almost all incomplete projects are completed and surprisingly city police has gone somewhat high tech!!..they hav hired new recruits including males and females...nw u will c atleast 4 police men/women on every chowk:cheesy: some of the new men who are physicaly fit constables hav got new rods(phle wooden danda tha), new boots, new headsets they wear all these wile patroling on foot in model town all these are ordered from america
& surprisingly our city is going to have biggest aquarium in asia(i guess in place of central jail...as it is demolished)...with taste from all over the world

Indian origin immigrants in the US tried to steal; pleased to add :) . Otherwise, no comment.

Posting from Delhi, a 1/2 glitzy presentation.
I have been to most of the places and scenes, civil; not filmy style:

Heading over to the Himalayas tomorrow by Delhi-Kathgodam train.

images

Kathgodam my hometown

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah and all the flyovers are completed which were main problem of our city:yahoo: almost all incomplete projects are completed and surprisingly city police has gone somewhat high tech!!..they hav hired new recruits including males and females...nw u will c atleast 4 police men/women on every chowk:cheesy: some of the new men who are physicaly fit constables hav got new rods(phle wooden danda tha), new boots, new headsets they wear all these wile patroling on foot in model town all these are ordered from america
& surprisingly our city is going to have biggest aquarium in asia(i guess in place of central jail...as it is demolished)...with taste from all over the world
Lol bro I still remember the police officer SITA RANI. I used to have bike and when ever I used to go on geri route I was scared to get caught. Man punjab police is always gonaa be Punjab police no matter how high tech you make them. And you can keep posting some pics from Jalandhar. Everyone in this forum will appreciate and especially me. Thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom