India Developing, but still a long way to go

2qc41ox.jpg

20121208101008.jpg

2012_12_08_10_12_53.jpg

World towers are going up fast.

j5wcja.jpg

All three world towers.

^^^

Deep Insight! Water car engg. thanks for a fab. update.

I feel Mumbai can take 100 of above ... I prefer the angular style.

Welcome to the 21'st Century and the power of the media & the new-new India.

Try stopping this, anyone who does is a party-pooper ba$tard.
No babu dare, small fry netas too know their place. Iconic - it already is.
Too big to fail ;) !

Off-Topic
---------
Malad, HOK Architects:

seth20maladoption1final.jpg

Sheth Splendour
----------------
splendor.jpg

Sheth Cenergy
--------------

1.jpg

Mumbai Meri Jaan
-----------------
DSC01451.JPG

Mumbai Rising
-------------
59900875.jpg

(c) Yusuf Ratlamwala

It's a slight change, not a complete re-design. Look closely.
I prefer this re-design.
Pretty much on hold.

They have recently re-designed it from this:

e87i86.jpg

to this:

image3mgn.jpg

Any idea when it is expected to be completed? Such a building would really add something spectacular to the Mumbai skyline. It could become iconic and a symbol of Mumbai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for my indian brothers, what kind of state laws you have regarding confiscating ones property for the good of whole society in general? Basically, can a govt just step in your house and make you evacuate it because they want to build a school that will benefit the whole society in whole? For example, in Pakistan, the government can take your home away to build something for the betterment of the society but in return, they compensate you. If you resist, they still have the power to take your home away. I notice, there is a huge property problem in mumbai. People dont tend to leave their homes. In pakistans situation, punjab govt decides to build a ring road. They destroy everything that comes in their way and build an almost 10 lane road. Same goes to our BRT project. They destroyed everything that came in their way from homes, businesses to banks.

Question for my indian brothers, what kind of state laws you have regarding confiscating ones property for the good of whole society in general? Basically, can a govt just step in your house and make you evacuate it because they want to build a school that will benefit the whole society in whole? For example, in Pakistan, the government can take your home away to build something for the betterment of the society but in return, they compensate you. If you resist, they still have the power to take your home away. I notice, there is a huge property problem in mumbai. People dont tend to leave their homes. In pakistans situation, punjab govt decides to build a ring road. They destroy everything that comes in their way and build an almost 10 lane road. Same goes to our BRT project. They destroyed everything that came in their way from homes, businesses to banks.

^^^

Indians wish.

Govt. has public interest laws, but in Gandhian India, nothing is sempre.

Vested groups create mobs and get away with blocking mega-projects. Or enough nuisance to hijack, publicise or Globalise the issue. Then the long road to court begins. Justice is served. Individuals are usually in no position. Many govt. dept.'s play games around land development.
Outright bulldozing is controversial, happens. But not with impunity.

Mumbai Skyline
---------------
Mumbai-skyline.jpg

So instead of bull dozers, it's politics, consensus building and mgmt. techniques/politics, bribery & corruption which are the key career skills set. It boils down to many-many Rs. going around. Slum 10 ft. x 10 ft. tenements in top Mumbai slums are reaching Rs. 1 Cr. for those willing to slug.

Sweet Pic.'s, Well Posted Guys
------------------------------
25hg94o.jpg

Chennai Metro
--------------
240585_466013320099127_214476921_o.jpg

The law is the same, you cannot contest government acquisition though the criteria for what constitutes public purpose is sometimes questioned. You can however argue compensation value.

Build it bigger...Mumbai Airport

Last edited by a moderator:

Both India and Pakistan traces its Land Acquisition laws all the way back to 1894.This was passed by British colonial Govt with the expressed purpose of facilitating the government’s acquisition of privately held land for "public purposes".Of course public purposes only meant interests of British Govt and its collaborators.
This laws are quite archaic does not suit for the environment of modern India.So central Govt is planning bring in a new Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill.Hope they will pass it in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom