What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Guess the Expressway

80997874749f6d8d3bc3b.jpg

Ok friends ....I am posting pics of my village...Some of it is taken by me (using my 3 Mega Pixel mobile camera) and some are taken from internet.I couldn't take pics of schools and Hospitals...
also there is bit of mud on road coz it is rainy season here.....They are going to resurface the village road

This is my village in Kerala.......It is more like a twin village as it is known by both names

Nedumudi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Champakulam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is the First village in Kerala to attain 100% Literacy.

An Opening image-

318779_368403069898978_1254561998_n.jpg

This image shows annual boat race held at the river in my village ......
The boat race itself is a celebration of friendship between local Christian community and the church shown in background and a closeby Hindu temple and local hindu community .....Isnt that great???:smitten:

550306_473634279348363_85637590_n.jpg

12685_473634572681667_1225648898_n.jpg

The road that connects my village to a road that connects 2 tier 4 towns

4834619645_6477906b6f_b.jpg

The road that connects 2 tier 4 towns and passing through the boundary of my village
(State Highway-11,Kerala)

197464_473648332680291_709848937_n.jpg

Even by lane roads are getting surfaced

Bridge under construction across river

36606_473635266014931_1882947739_n.jpg

Humps and pedestrian crossings ...in a village!!!!

155556_473647986013659_1957145975_n.jpg

There are a couple of Banks and couple of ATMs

553921_473636109348180_927649051_n.jpg

Agriculture is mechanised.....
Tractors are used for a long time
Combine Harvestors are used since 4-5 years since there was a shortage of Farm workers

Combine Harvesters

31tvalharvest01_879133f.jpg

06tvalmachine01_943258f.jpg

Tourism is now the major business here-House boat cruise,home stays and what not!!!

6651631369_8c839d93da_b.jpg

Wow thanks gslv for showing your village dude. If any cool projects going on please share. I am interested in knowing how space and telecommunication tech is changing Indian villages.

I envy the Kerala Model for developing rural areas.....in essence Kerala is a large continuum of urbanity with cities acting as nodal points. :tup:

Wow thanks gslv for showing your village dude. If any cool projects going on please share. I am interested in knowing how space and telecommunication tech is changing Indian villages.

Space technology-Well,edusat was used to air educational programmes to schools for a long time
Telecommunication tech-
Kerala has really high density of Mobile towers,now environmentalists are raising Radiation risk issue:lol:
Broadband Internet is available from BSNL and also Internet dongles are available from different service providers...BSNL is introducing Wi-Max now...

Major projects -Well ,some major tourism projects are coming to this region....

Laser show in Backwaters,sea plane services and many modern facilities for tourists....

4834619645_6477906b6f_b.jpg

^^^^^^ The existing state highway is being resurfaced....

Rs 4800 crore project has been approved for reviving agriculture

Welcome to Kuttanad Package Official website

Thanx for the enthusiasm you are showing mate,We need more development in our Villages :tup:

Back to the metros....I will come back to villages in short time....

Huge....Cresent Bay mumbai by L&T

cresentbay1.png

Lotus complex mumbai

Lotus_Final_Render2.jpg

2012_10_22_15_51_00.jpg

World one -442 metre tall

2012_10_22_15_56_18.jpg

Gslv, thanks for sharing Kerala pic.'s.

Got me thinking how Western India is boom-boom boomveloping.

From the deserts of Gujarat to the tropical paradise of Kerala, with Goa, Mangalore area, Karnataka thrown in and of course Mumbai to top it all off. Don't forget further north Punjab. Rajasthan is good with oil & gas, minerals etc. Himachal is ok too. Raj., Guj. & Him. also have less population pressure.

East coast should catch up and overtake West coast re: massive gas reserves in Krishna-Godavari basins AND 2 megapolises-Calcutta & Madras, maybe even Bangalore by extension to give Mumbai centric West coast a run for the Rs.

2050’s Mumbai Looks Like Dubai + Shanghai
------------------------------------------

medium_lovestory2050_io9.flv.jpg

A pair of lovers step into a time machine, and find themselves in the glittery Mumbai of the year 2050, which includes flying cars, holograms, sex robots and Indian ninjas. There will be a lot more kickboxing 42 years from now — and probably quite a few spontaneous song-and-dance numbers as well. We've been excited for Bollywood's Love Story 2050 for months, and we're even more excited after seeing this trailer, which showcases an unfinished version of the movie's big-budget special effects. The movie comes out this summer, at which point we'll be dancing in the aisles.

(c) http:// cache.io9.com/assets/images/8/2008/03/ medium_lovestory2050_io9.flv.jpg

Today's Mumbai, Shot from Haji Ali With The Twin Imperial's in the Background
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.jpg

(c) http:// i.ytimg.com/vi/IHsQCns_RoQ/ 0.jpg

American School Bombay- Expansion Project
------------------------------------------

AXO6.jpg

(c) MALIK ARCHITECTURE, Mumbai - India

Hybrid Tata Nano?
-----------------

tatanano-ed01.jpg

The Tata Nano, a four-passenger city car developed and sold in India, has become famous for being the world’s cheapest car. At just $2,200 a pop, the Nano has also gained a reputation for its fuel efficiency (51.7 mpg). And while a compressed air version of the Nano has long been rumored to be in the works, Tata chairman Ratan Tata has just announced that a hybrid version could eventually hit the streets. If all goes according to plan, the ultra-cheap hybrid stands to shatter the economic barrier to getting greener vehicles on the roads.

Tata hasn’t provided any details, but a hybrid version of its car could bring hybrid vehicles to an entirely new group of people: bargain hunters. Ultimately, Tata also plans on building an electric version of the Nano, dubbed E-Nano.

Of course, a hybrid version is likely to come on the market before a full-on electric car, but even the regular Nano won’t go on sale in Europe until 2011. U.S. sales are expected to begin soon after. So stay tuned — an ultra-cheap hybrid may be in your future!

(c) & Read more: Tata Nano: World’s Cheapest Car to Go Hybrid | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

I envy the Kerala Model for developing rural areas.....in essence Kerala is a large continuum of urbanity with cities acting as nodal points. :tup:

Hope other Indian states follow it too...

I missed some areas - healthcare,public transportation....I will come back to it after sometime....

meanwhile Mumbai Airport is really turning into a masterpiece
m6xv9.jpg

DSCN2437.jpg

DSCN2446.jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

Pics are from Coolguys,SSC India forum...

Hope other Indian states follow it too...

I missed some areas - healthcare,public transportation....I will come back to it after sometime....

meanwhile Mumbai Airport is really turning into a masterpiece
m6xv9.jpg

DSCN2437.jpg

DSCN2446.jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

Pics are from Coolguys,SSC India forum...

I bet this Airport will replace singapore as the top Airport in the world. It has the potential.

Back
Top Bottom