What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

do any one here have any info about the new electrical multiple unit indian railways is developing cpable of 220 km/h
here are its specifications...
While MOR conducted study of upgrading existing lines with
speeding up of loco-haul passenger coach (PC), the Consortium
proposes EMU train for upgrading of existing line for the
following reasons.
a) Light axle load : Damage to track will be reduced, and hence
longer track maintenance interval can be expected.
b) High redundant system: One traction unit failure will not
cause operation disturbance in entire line, because EMU
train can continue running by other traction unit with cutting
off failed traction unit.
c) Higher acceleration and deceleration performance: Schedule
speed will be higher and stopping distance will be shorter.
d) Profit from regenerate braking : Regenerated electricity to
be supplied to over head line will be efficiently used and
mechanical wear of pneumatic brake will be decreased.
Specification of the Proposed Train
Train Configuration 8 cars/train
Train set MT ratio 6M2T or 4M4T
Train set length Approx.200m
Car body length 26.4m(Front-end car)
25m(Intermediate car)
Car body width 3,380mm
Car body height 3,700mm
Max. Operation Speed 200km/h
Passenger Capacity Approx. 575persons/train
Train Weight (Unladen load) 400ton/train
Maximum axle load Approx.14ton
Acceleration 0.4m/s2

Finaly!!!:tup:

High-speed train sets for Rajdhani and Shatabdi Expresses

NEW DELHI: Aiming at reducing travel time in train journey, Railways is acquiring Electrical Multiple Units (EMU) train sets for premier services like Rajdhani and Shatabdi Expresses for operating at a higher speed of 130-150 km per hour.

The decision to adopt train sets technology was announced in the 2012-13 Railway Budget.

"We are working on introducing modern EMU train sets designed for operations at maximum speed of 130-150 kmph for running premium Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains, without any additional expenditure on existing track and signalling infrastructure," said a senior Railway Ministry official.

According to the official, existing rail tracks on Rajdhani routes are fit for running trains up to a speed of 150 km per hour, but average speeds of Rajdhani/Shatabdi trains is less than 90 km per hour due to large number of speed restrictions and poor acceleration of existing loco hauled trains.

The Railways are expecting that the proposed modern distributed powered EMU train sets will be free from these bottlenecks, provide faster and safer movement and will substantially reduce running time.

The proposed EMU train sets consist of 21 cars (coaches) and are estimated to cost about Rs 200 crore per train.

The Railways claim modern train sets are eco friendly, noiseless, consume 30 per cent less energy and do not pollute the environment as in case of conventional loco hauled trains.

High-speed train sets for Rajdhani and Shatabdi Expresses - Economic Times

Delhi!!!!

7810869714_02a5a5b5e2_b.jpg

7872363060_b046952c39_b.jpg

Finaly!!!:tup:

7872363060_b046952c39_b.jpg

Guys any news on connaught place development plan!, what a lovely place but being over crowded because of traffic and parkings...

I saw in news there is some huge development going on to eradicate this...

^^

RE: Connaught Place, there's a dedicated skyscrpaercity thread for that:
---xxx---

Good News! British Co. is suing Coal India Ltd.:

TCI files suit against Indian government - FT.com

TCI files suit against Indian government
- By James Crabtree in Mumbai

The Children’s Investment Fund, the UK-based hedge fund, has escalated its battle with Coal India, the state-backed energy company, by filing legal proceedings against India’s government in New Delhi.

The move comes at a time of heightened scrutiny over India’s disorganised state-dominated power system following days of dramatic nationwide power outages, and follows repeated threats of legal action by TCI, Coal India’s largest foreign investor.

TCI’s petition, filed at India’s High Court on Wednesday, is the latest step in a high-profile public campaign pressuring Coal India’s board to raise coal prices for power producers, which are currently held at well below market levels.

The legal move came as shares in Coal India fell by nearly 3 per cent on Wednesday, after the group’s board agreed to government demands to guarantee fuel supplies for new Indian power projects.

The supplies will come partly through increased coals imports, a move investors fear could increase Coal India’s costs, and which was described as “a significant concession” in a note by analysts at Credit Suisse in Mumbai.
Oscar Veldhuijzen, a partner at TCI, said: “The situation is now urgent, and we believe there is a direct relationship between the recent power cuts and way in which the government treats Coal India.”

The legal process highlights what TCI describes as a pattern of political interference in Coal India’s management, which it says harms minority shareholders’ interests while doing little to increase electricity generation and cut power outages.

TCI’s move attempts to overturn an order from a senior government bureaucrat instructing the mining group to lower coal prices to struggling power producers earlier this year. The petition also seeks to overrule a rare government directive made in April, known as a “presidential decree”, which pushed Coal India to increase coal supplies.

The British fund’s campaign has been watched closely as a rare example of shareholder activism in India, although few legal experts believe its latest move is likely to succeed in forcing a change of heart from policy makers in New Delhi.

However Wednesday’s moves could be the precursor to more direct legal action against the state mining group. “Basically we are suing the government to get confirmation by the court that there has been legal interference”, Mr Veldhuijzen said.

“The next step is to sue the directors of Coal India directly for abuse of minority shareholders rights, by accepting directions from the government.”

Critics of TCI’s campaign point out that the offer document published during Coal India’s $3.5bn IPO in 2010, when the fund acquired a 1 per cent stake, warned of potential “risk factors”, including below-market pricing.

Click link below for pic.'s of directors @ Coal India to see the true face of corruption :

Coal India Limited :: A Maharatna Company

(c) TCI files suit against Indian government - FT.com

Seen this:

YEIDA Formula 1 Track, Delhi NCR
----------------------------------------------------

294371_10150390251995209_669050208_8348038_149288317_n.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

(c) source:F1 India Tickets Venue And Location Details Map For BIC Noida

Sahana Towers, Mumbai
------------------------

images

My 2c:

Emergency services are a good measure of development and there is no point in having nice shiny buildings that cost billions if they can burn down without any effort to fight fires and the like??

Last edited by a moderator:
NSG_BlackCats, welcome back buddy. You should be proud of the this thread you started, look where your bros here have taken it to.

I can not thank enough all of you guys who have posted on the thread and told a story that can not be told in words, it can be experienced and partly seen. But that story binds us all, even people like me who have spent many years abroad.

NSG_BlackCats, welcome back buddy. You should be proud of the this thread you started, look where your bros here have taken it to.

I can not thank enough all of you guys who have posted on the thread and told a story that can not be told in words, it can be experienced and partly seen. But that story binds us all, even people like me who have spent many years abroad.

Hey fateh71, thanks a lot brother for your appreciation. As you said, I would also like to thank and congratulate everyone who had contributed to this thread.

It does not matter whether you are in India or abroad, we all are doing our part in growth of this great country (in whatever little way we can). We have still a long distance to cover but at least we are on the right path.

This is the most appropriately titled thread, not 'India shining', or 'superpower india'.
I would like to think of a positive future while being aware of the challenges.
Thanks NSG again.

Actually this and some of the others you posted are last year's pics if I am not mistaken. The track looks much greener and cleaner now.

Right I heard the BIC have gotton some cleaners from Baharin to clean all that dust off the track.

Back
Top Bottom