What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Mumbai

7515315908fe769b2f70k.jpg

A great Mumbai aerial video

But seriously yaar, Mumbai is damn congested and cleanliness is terrible.

I know it is handling a population size much more than its capacity, but I think Maharashtra government needs to redirect industrial investments to another city in the state (like Pune, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai etc) and shift the financial capital tagline to these cities.

Really dude, Mumbai has served the country well. It is time that companies are routed to other Maharashtrian cities where there is sufficient space. The place is exorbitant in terms of cost of living. Heck! Its a miracle how people manage to make so much money.

If port city is a key requirement, then I think entire coast of Maharashtra is open for development.

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously yaar, Mumbai is damn congested and cleanliness is terrible.

I know it is handling a population size much more than its capacity, but I think Maharashtra government needs to redirect industrial investments to another city in the state (like Pune, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai etc) and shift the financial capital tagline to these cities.

Really dude, Mumbai has served the country well. It is time that companies are routed to other Maharashtrian cities where there is sufficient space. The place is exorbitant in terms of cost of living. Heck! Its a miracle how people manage to make so much money.

If port city is a key requirement, then I think entire coast of Maharashtra is open for development.

Mumbai is much more cleaner city than Delhi. Mumbaikars also have better civic sense than Delhites. Mumbai city is not only expanding vertically, but also laterally into what is now known as Navi Mumbai.

navi_mumbai.jpg

Mumbai is much more cleaner city than Delhi. Mumbaikars also have better civic sense than Delhites. Mumbai city is not only expanding vertically, but also laterally into what is now known as Navi Mumbai.

navi_mumbai.jpg

I totally agree. Mumbaikars have a good work ethic and are much more systematic than Delhiites. In fact, Delhi is pretty embarrassing when you call it a national capital considering the corruption among the officials of Delhi government. In fact, even the attitude of Mumbaikars is very good compared to Delhi.

However, I am talking about infrastructural constraints. The city is good but it is facing a lot of crunch and has far too many people.

I think the next better investment destination is Navi Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur.

we need more companies to move to different parts of India...that will ensure overall development...more SEZs for smaller cities.

I totally agree. Mumbaikars have a good work ethic and are much more systematic than Delhiites. In fact, Delhi is pretty embarrassing when you call it a national capital considering the corruption among the officials of Delhi government. In fact, even the attitude of Mumbaikars is very good compared to Delhi.

However, I am talking about infrastructural constraints. The city is good but it is facing a lot of crunch and has far too many people.

I think the next better investment destination is Navi Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur.

Right. The potential of Mumbai is limited by infrastructural constraints. However some big time infra projects are under construction. Hopefully once they are complete in 2-3 years Mumbai should start looking like Shanghai !

Right. The potential of Mumbai is limited by infrastructural constraints. However some big time infra projects are under construction. Hopefully once they are complete in 2-3 years Mumbai should start looking like Shanghai !

^^^

This Us Vs. Them is silly talk.

This thread is proof of 'India Developing but' ... that's ALL of India, r8 :) .
The "Republic of India" is a very new country. 1000's of yrs. of Mughal rule ended up in decadence with the rise of regional satraps, Sultans, Marathas, Sikhs and assorted European enclaves. 100's of yrs. of British rule also ended with racial and minority eliticism.

indox.png

Democracy meant majority rule (read Hindu), by vote! So the 'Republic of India' = Majority rule.

1000's of yrs. it wasn't so. Everything had to be stabilised, corrected and re-established. Unlike most of the world after World War II, India regressed little. May have slowed down in the cold war whacko 70's and the dirty 80's. In 25 yrs. Mr. fixit MMS, with path-breaker PM PVN Rao setting the stage beforehand, has fixed the economy and out-performed Global peers. After the Tiger economies of S. East Asia (some compare MMS to Lee K. Yew of Sing.) India's turned Tiger-Ka-Baap.

Awesome Vid.- Truck Train in India
----------------------------------
This should be Mandatory for dev. countries.

Give it a couple more yrs. and infra. issues will be ironed out. Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bang., Chennai, Hyder., Pune, Chand. and others are ... sad to say, pls. take this with a grain of salt, ... are almost caught up to Krunchy, Isloo and Lahore of old. No Medha Pathak, Shabana Azmi and Jyoti Basu's in Pakistan! For Indians, if one can be logical and reasonable, consider that Pak. was not run by jhola-wallah commie bogeymen but infra. building jumpy army men. Check Pak.'s metropolitan infra. on another thread in this forum before you leap at my throat.

However, India has systemically moved on and left Pak behind, infra wise. Pak cities are only now 'planning' metro, BRT and rapid rail systems while the army run road, flyover and highway system laready enabled private real estate developments. In India, a self-perpetrating eco-system's been rooted. Private cities, metro systems, private 100 storey towers, private airports, hospitals, golf courses, trains too, all private! Now, that takes concerted policy and regulatory back-up.

Does anyone know when the rolling stock of the Mumbai Suburban Railway will be replaced with newer more modern rolling stock?

These traines are looking VERY dated:

Mumbai_suburban_railway_emu_5.JPG

Does anyone know when the rolling stock of the Mumbai Suburban Railway will be replaced with newer more modern rolling stock?

These traines are looking VERY dated:

Mumbai_suburban_railway_emu_5.JPG
They are already being replaced I guess:

Back
Top Bottom