What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Is crazy how there are 10-12 Metros around India under construction RIGHT NOW with all existing ones ie Bangalore and Delhi metro undergoing ambitious expansion plans. Not forgetting a further 10/13 under planning stage with approvals given and in advaneced stages of planning. Not to mention a further 7-9 Monorail projects around India under construction. And then HSR corriders approved.I've heard the ridiculous number of $1 trillion to be spent on Indian infrastructure projects in next 10 years and I bloody believe it now! Visiting in 3-5 years it will be like a different country!!

+2013 seems like it will be a good year for many of these projects with 5/6 such large scale projects coming online.

+ any idea when we can realistically expect HSR to be operational in India?

Is crazy how there are 10-12 Metros around India under construction RIGHT NOW with all existing ones ie Bangalore and Delhi metro undergoing ambitious expansion plans. Not forgetting a further 10/13 under planning stage with approvals given and in advaneced stages of planning. Not to mention a further 7-9 Monorail projects around India under construction. And then HSR corriders approved.I've heard the ridiculous number of $1 trillion to be spent on Indian infrastructure projects in next 10 years and I bloody believe it now! Visiting in 3-5 years it will be like a different country!!

+2013 seems like it will be a good year for many of these projects with 5/6 such large scale projects coming online.

all the projects undercons are profit making as economy is growing fast and they are supported by good govt policies. expect much more to come.

Excuse me, whats rolling stock??

To put it simply its the train both coaches and the engine unit.

ameerpet0044.jpg

Hyderabad Metro CGI

There is an error in this CGI of Hyderabad Metro. It is powered by third rail and not by over head cables as in Delhi metro. All new metros in India except for Delhi metro have third rail system for power.

It is not 10 years but the plans for current 5 years plan duration of 2012-13 to 2017-18 and exact investment would be $1.2 Trillion.

I read that work on Kerala HSR will start next April 2013 in Standard Gauge.

Railways has already moved cabinet note for the formation of National High Speed Rail Authority in April. Hope work on Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad HSR will start soon.

It is not 10 years but the plans for current 5 years plan duration of 2012-13 to 2017-18 and exact investment would be $1.2 Trillion.

I read that work on Kerala HSR will start next April 2013 in Standard Gauge.

Central Government has already moved cabinet note for the formation of National High Speed Rail Authority in April. Hope work on Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad HSR will start soon.

land acquisition. major hurdle IMHO. i dont know the land use patterns in Kerala per se, but if the new bill is anything to go by :(

the current plan envisages a running HSR by 2018, a construction time of 5 years, and a track length of 650 kms for the first phase.

a delay of 2-3 years is average in such big projects ? in kerala i dont know, given the rate of urbanization it might be easier.

Abingondoy, you should check the SSC forums. apparently they had done a calculation of $1 trillion estimate a couple of years ago, much before the govt gave an official figure.

and this is just in infrastructure. we don't report may be even 10% of what is happening out there.

land acquisition. major hurdle IMHO. i dont know the land use patterns in Kerala per se, but if the new bill is anything to go by :(

the current plan envisages a running HSR by 2018, a construction time of 5 years, and a track length of 650 kms for the first phase.

a delay of 2-3 years is average in such big projects ? in kerala i dont know, given the rate of urbanization it might be easier.

Abingondoy, you should check the SSC forums. apparently they had done a calculation of $1 trillion estimate a couple of years ago, much before the govt gave an official figure.

and this is just in infrastructure. we don't report may be even 10% of what is happening out there.

Thanks but I am already an regular "lurker" to SSC and have seen their "megaprojects" thread where calcualtion was shown. VERY impressive.

Monorail is goo but i dont like the awful colors....

at SSC, i am lurker too. got great photos of the Anushakti Nagar (BARC) residential colony and the development there. but i dont know if i should post the pics. they are building a lot here too.

this place has about 40000 people and we have a huge hospital, many dispensaries, 6 CBSE schools (imagine that!), a junior college, 3 community centres, a olympic sized swimming pool, an international convention center, supermarket ang grocery stores, lawns and landscaped gardens, football and cricket fields what not.....

Monorail is goo but i dont like the awful colors....

at SSC, i am lurker too. got great photos of the Anushakti Nagar (BARC) residential colony and the development there. but i dont know if i should post the pics. they are building a lot here too.

Go for it buddy- would love to see.

If they will go for rail-tracks on viaducts, land acquisition would not be a big issue but it will cause some delay and PPP ensures least delay because companies want to recover their investments.

Back
Top Bottom