What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Taurian World School, Ranchi
(Wish we had schools like this when I was a kid...)

QUOTE]
How about a school like this...:azn:

GI school mumbai-rendering(currently under construction)

16307_2_G.I.School.JPG

Real, gurgaon is somewhat glitzy like any other satellite cities.

Oh na I know about Gurgaon and its snazzy buildings, I in fact have a house in sector 23:lol:. Just that particular photo looked like a render.

I think India looks like China in 1997!

I grow up in Shanghai, in 1997:

1. even the worst resident building in Shanghai can have internet access.
2. electricity supply is never a problem, even for the worst area, in fact, it is never a problem after 1960s.
3. 80% of high school graduates go to university.
4. public funded medical care is available to everyone, the condition of hospitals are comparable to the ones in Europe, we also have the similar life expectancy.

today's india can not achieve any one of these.

2. electricity supply is never a problem, even for the worst area, in fact, it is never a problem after 1960s.
4. public funded medical care is available to everyone, the condition of hospitals are comparable to the ones in Europe, we also have the similar life expectancy.

ohhh thanks for not having high hopes on us.
P.S. : we do not need any hopes from Chinese...

Hey Thanks for the info...a real eye opener!!

In November of 1997, CNNIC issued its first Statistic Report on Internet Development in China. According to the report, by October 31, 1997, China had more than 290,000 PCs connected to Internet and 620,000 Internet users, 4,066 registered domain names of CN, 1,500 WWW web sites and 18.64Mbps of bandwidth for international outlets.

By 2010, Chinese officials estimate, at least 20 percent of high school grads will be enrolled in some form of higher education; that number is expected to rise to 50 percent by 2050. China currently has about 20 million students pursuing higher education.

Stop talking shyte seriously! That 80% figure is for 2010 not 1997, which btw includes both university and vocational colleges! Do you really think you can get away with this, with the internet around:confused: China is doing great no doubt, but whats the need to lie!

Back
Top Bottom