What's new

India denies Holbrooke entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
obama policy is working against USA

we have to improve our relation with india

what wrong with obama Israeli and India are losing usa side

If we get the three arihants and mounted with Agni V tipped with TN warheads forget holbrooke, we will be able to kick out obama.This economy stuff is then not reqd.

Sir Times of India is a govt mouthpiece, they will not be commenting on this topic which is very sensitive without GOI prodding. This is written to convey americans a message and if this article is wrong u will soon see NYT or washpo countering which are american govt mouthpieces.

I agree with you. My point was and still is that Its just for domestic consumption because even if India announce officialy that it will Not allow US officials into India then US is not going to lose anything.

BTW i am not Sir . Am a girl

A claim by Indians without substance

Lets post the entire propaganda piece bellow and then the dear Indian members should tell me where in this it has been proven that Holbrook was stopped by India from visiting.

A sane person does know that a third world country is the one who will decide whether a top US official should visit India or not.

It is clear that whenever the schedual of Holbrook's visit was finalist he visited whenever there was a change it had been changed.

Bellow is the crap piece which the Indian member had posted.
================

Holbrooke not welcome in India - India - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: New Delhi’s doors, it appears, will not open anytime soon for Richard Holbrooke, US special envoy for ******. He has been frozen out of India yet again, after his recent statement that Indians weren’t really targetted in the February 26 attacks in Kabul.

It was a callous remark that was so blatantly aimed at pleasing Pakistanis that the Indian foreign office was forced to make an official complaint about it. Particularly, since it was evident from the beginning that the attack was intended to get India out of Afghanistan, and by Pakistan-supported terror groups. So when Holbrooke announced on March 20 that he would “definitely be going to India soon”, he got the familiar cold shoulder from the MEA. Holbrooke was supposed to travel to Kabul and Delhi in the coming days, stopping by in Brussels.

In the last year, Holbrooke has found that after such public displays of determination to visit India, his travel plans invariably dry up. In fact, after two such freeze-offs, Holbrooke stopped trying in 2009. It was in early 2010 that the MEA decided to let him come to India.

His visit, when it did happen, went off rather well, with Holbrooke getting face-time with everyone in the leadership, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

But his remarks after the February 26 attack on guesthouses in Kabul mainly used by Indians brought back the Indian distaste for the special envoy. Speaking to reporters in Washington soon after the attack, Holbrooke held forth, “I don’t accept the fact that this was an attack on an Indian facility... There were foreigners, non-Indian foreigners hurt. It was a soft target. Let’s not jump to conclusions.”

He added, “I understand why everyone in Pakistan and everyone in India always focus on the other. But please, let’s not draw a conclusion for which there’s no proof.” He rendered a qualified apology later.

Bwahahahah seems like obsession with socalled orange media

I agree with you. My point was and still is that Its just for domestic consumption because even if India announce officialy that it will Not allow US officials into India then US is not going to lose anything.

Bwahahahah Are u serious about US is not going to lose anything? As per your superior knowledge and judgments pakistan is more important than India. Obviously we are not huge market for US products, we are not 2nd fastest growing economy, we are not going to buy tens billion of US$ weapons in hard cash, does you mean this.

Sorry my mistake Maam,u might be right but not allowing him into india does send a political message to america and america is already loosing their economy, now they want india to become their next market as well they use india's threat to wrest concessions out of china and pakistan, as I see it they have something to lose.

Sorry my mistake Maam,u might be right but not allowing him into india does send a political message to america and america is already loosing their economy, now they want india to become their next market as well they use india's threat to wrest concessions out of china and pakistan, as I see it they have something to lose.

*concessions from China.

Disallowing entry into India is not going to affect either Indian or American business interests in either country at all. Japan had done it earlier too during the 80s - I forget the instance. It is a strong political and diplomatic message.

Disallowing entry into India is not going to affect either Indian or American business interests in either country at all. Japan had done it earlier too during the 80s - I forget the instance. It is a strong political and diplomatic message.

Japan is a american poodle .There is no comparison between japan and india.Regarding business we have to insure that it is a two way street not lying down waiting to be R***d by multinationals.

A claim by Indians without substance

Lets post the entire propaganda piece bellow and then the dear Indian members should tell me where in this it has been proven that Holbrook was stopped by India from visiting.

A sane person does know that a third world country is the one who will decide whether a top US official should visit India or not.

Hello - India is not a third world country anymore - We are an EMERGING ECONOMY/DEVELOPING ECONOMY - NOT THIRD WORLD

YOU are not equating India with Somalia or Swaziland now are you?

Bwahahahah Are u serious about US is not going to lose anything? As per your superior knowledge and judgments pakistan is more important than India. Obviously we are not huge market for US products, we are not 2nd fastest growing economy, we are not going to buy tens billion of US$ weapons in hard cash, does you mean this.
I think Indians said F 16 to Pakistan can put US INDIAN DEAL INTO CLOUD. But today news it US is giving us MORE F 16s. I dont know what does that mean. Perhaps you do...

Disallowing entry India will ceratinly not affect Indian or American business,but it is alrming enough for USA to be concerned about India's stand and their relationship,which without doubt ifluences the business among them...more worrying for America cause India a big market for them.:pop:

I think Indians said F 16 to Pakistan can put US INDIAN DEAL INTO CLOUD. But today news it US is giving us MORE F 16s. I dont know what does that mean. Perhaps you do...

It means YAHOO for indians and shopping spree in the world for all weapons that we want or require.

How does it matter to India and how is it relevant to this topic?More f-16 to Pakistan means more reason for India to put down the aircraft deal and go against the USA on many matters...thanks for the amazing news brother :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom