What's new

India defends ban on Chinese toys

but wat is the reason for chinese goods to be so cheap?
cheap quality? or bigger industry?

well there labour is cheap and many there basic rights are stripped.
there human rights are striped and thery are forced to work with out pay
check this vedio

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting topic. if this is not protectionism, then what it is? Anyway, according to experience of 3 decades development, the industry under carefully protection is still weak, but those without protection gain strong muscles. So, let it be.:cheers:

interesting topic. if this is not protectionism, then what it is? Anyway, according to experience of 3 decades development, the industry under carefully protection is still weak, but those without protection gain strong muscles. So, let it be.:cheers:
Actually the ban has more to do with domestic compulsions that quality of Chinese toys. Chinese toys has virtually killed Indian toy industry.
Regarding protectionism, China also do so by deliberately keeping value of Yuan low.
Personally I do not like the ban, you can not support inefficient industry by not allowing cheap imports. (Also I will have to shell out more money for toys of my kids. :cry:)

Actually the ban has more to do with domestic compulsions that quality of Chinese toys. Chinese toys has virtually killed Indian toy industry.
Regarding protectionism, China also do so by deliberately keeping value of Yuan low.
Personally I do not like the ban, you can not support inefficient industry by not allowing cheap imports. (Also I will have to shell out more money for toys of my kids. :cry:)

but your kids will be safer.:azn:

too dangerous. We are not a rich country like USA to spend money on health hazards caused by toxic toys.

first India has right to do that.
India is not first country to ban these cheap Chinese products.
There are many counties that did already.

It banned these products to encourage local industry.
it is known fact that Chinese enter any country market and distroy local industry by selling there so cheap products.
for example:
manufacturing of 12 pencils in pakistan takes 18rs but Chinese sell it in 6rs.
so in very few years there will not pencil industry in Pakistan.
Pakistan free trade agreement with china is disastrous for Pakistan industry.

I think i will have to agree with this one. Indeed it will be disastrous for our local industry, already i am seeing industries being lost to many things that were before manufactured in Pakistan. This huge trade imbalances will be a direct result of our local industry becoming dust with time to come.

I think i will have to agree with this one. Indeed it will be disastrous for our local industry, already i am seeing industries being lost to many things that were before manufactured in Pakistan. This huge trade imbalances will be a direct result of our local industry becoming dust with time to come.

Thanks IceCold but you know many of pakistans I have interacted think it is good for Pakistan they will only reliase in years to come.

These chineese kill all local industries and make no alternatives other than there cheap goods and makes monopoly out of it.

Look at US now they feel they are in trap of chineese goods there is not alternatives for there cheap goods as all there industries are closed or moved.

Thank you for being honest. :victory:
what makes you so jubilant? why dont ask china to set up some manufacturing units in Pakistan too. You have the manpower and china have the technology.that will boost pakistan's economy....employment and better forex researves.

what makes you so jubilant? why dont ask china to set up some manufacturing units in Pakistan too. You have the manpower and china have the technology.that will boost pakistan's economy....employment and better forex researves.

Good suggestion! There's not many muslim-oriented toys so this will be a huge market potential. Thanks for the good idea! :pop:

but wat is the reason for chinese goods to be so cheap?
cheap quality? or bigger industry?

Yes, that is a million dollar question buddy. This is where the communism kicks in. Unlike a democracy in which people have toughvoice and powerfull worker's union, most of these companies are state owned and the government's decision is final. The government keep the wage very low for the workers but promise sure job. People will work with minimum wage to survive and that helps the manufacturing companies to make huge profits. Cheap quality and bigger industry are just one side of the cube. When all these adds up, the manufacturer can offer an unbeatable price tag for their goods. This is not the case in rest of the countries those who consider and compensate employees appropriately and thatz why the products from rest of the world is costlier than Chinese.

Yes, that is a million dollar question buddy. This is where the communism kicks in. Unlike a democracy in which people have toughvoice and powerfull worker's union, most of these companies are state owned and the government's decision is final. The government keep the wage very low for the workers but promise sure job. People will work with minimum wage to survive and that helps the manufacturing companies to make huge profits. Cheap quality and bigger industry are just one side of the cube. When all these adds up, the manufacturer can offer an unbeatable price tag for their goods. This is not the case in rest of the countries those who consider and compensate employees appropriately and thatz why the products from rest of the world is costlier than Chinese.

you dont know much about toy manufracturing in china do you?

these days the government really only own strategically important companies, like power and water and such. manufacturing of toys is definitely not a strategic field thus it is mostly Private companies that operate them. the reason things are cheap is because there are just some many people available to work thus meaning lower wages but the items in china cost less too thus lower cost of living but the government has been working on raising wages at lease some. and yes the industrial when the Chinese get into it is very large hence further cost reduction from competition and a large supply network
some poeple cant also argue keeping the yuan down in value to reduced chinese manufracturing costs compare to others. i also agree with some poeple that the quality of some chinese produces is pretty bad but prehaps india should look to making contracts with more reputable shop among china's factorial as there are some very nice ones, rather than ban the entire industry if safety is a concern companies like leveno and haier have built themselves and very good reputation outside of china especially in case of haier as they have managed to built units for not only a lower price of of comparable quality to western companies.
and dont give me that crap about other countries, indias stuff is not much better, china is a developing country after all.

you dont know much about toy manufracturing in china do you?

these days the government really only own strategically important companies, like power and water and such. manufacturing of toys is definitely not a strategic field thus it is mostly Private companies that operate them. the reason things are cheap is because there are just some many people available to work thus meaning lower wages but the items in china cost less too thus lower cost of living but the government has been working on raising wages at lease some. and yes the industrial when the Chinese get into it is very large hence further cost reduction from competition and a large supply network
some poeple cant also argue keeping the yuan down in value to reduced chinese manufracturing costs compare to others. i also agree with some poeple that the quality of some chinese produces is pretty bad but prehaps india should look to making contracts with more reputable shop among china's factorial as there are some very nice ones, rather than ban the entire industry if safety is a concern companies like leveno and haier have built themselves and very good reputation outside of china especially in case of haier as they have managed to built units for not only a lower price of of comparable quality to western companies.
and dont give me that crap about other countries, indias stuff is not much better, china is a developing country after all.

Let me ask you this.....Is there any powerfull body, like a worker's union, that can demand or advocate for compensation and pay upgrade for the employees?? If yes, how successful they are?? :smokin:

chinese tays are not healthy here in italy 700000 piece are being removed from the market. main problem of this toys are the color used, we ve analized some toys at university and specially red color used on the toys was oxide of lead and it's very toxic.

Back
Top Bottom