What's new

India defence looks to ancient text Kautilyas Arthashastra

ratnas

Reaction score
India defence looks to ancient text :- Arthashastra

Indian scientists are turning to an ancient Hindu text in their search for the secrets of effective stealth warfare.

They believe the book, the Arthashastra, written more than 2,300 years ago, will give Indian troops the edge on their enemies.

India's Defence Minister George Fernandes has approved funding for the project, and told parliament recently that experiments had begun.

The research is being carried out by experts from the Defence Research and Development Organisation and scientists from the University of Pune and National Institute of Virology in western India.

The book includes the recipe for a single meal that will keep a soldier fighting for a month, methods of inducing madness in the enemy as well as advice on chemical and biological warfare.

Powders and remedies

The book was written by military strategist Kautilya, also known as Chanakya and Vishnugupta, a prime minister in the court of India's first emperor Chandragupta Maurya, in the fourth century BC.

"All of us are excited about the possibilities and do not for a moment think that the idea is crazy," said Professor SV Bhavasar, a space scientist who has spent many years researching the Arthashastra.

"Decoding ancient texts is not an easy task but we are very hopeful of success," he added.

According to a Pune University report, the book says that soldiers fed with a single meal of special herbs, milk and clarified butter can stay without food for an entire month.

Shoes made of camel skin smeared with a serum made from the flesh of owls and vultures can help soldiers walk hundreds of miles during a war without feeling tired.

A powder made from fireflies and the eyes of wild boar can endow soldiers with night vision.

Chemical warfare

Kautilya wrote in the Arthashastra that a ruler could use any means to attain his goal, and Book XIV touches on aspects of chemical and biological warfare.

The book says that smoke from burning a powder made from the skin and excreta of certain reptiles, animals and birds can cause madness and blindness in the enemy.

The book also provides the formula to create a lethal smoke by burning certain species of snakes, insects and plant seeds in makeshift laboratories.

"Our focus at present is on how humans can control hunger for longer durations and walk for longer period without experiencing fatigue,

Project leader Dr VS Ghole, head of the environmental engineering department of Pune university, said the team was now focusing on the methods of controlling hunger and increasing stamina.

"Once we have made some headway we will go into researching Kautilya's notes on night vision and other fields," he said.

Professor SV Bhavasar said the team also had plans to research other ancient Hindu texts.

These include manuscripts which "claim to provide secrets of manufacturing planes which can not be destroyed by any external force, could be motionless in the sky and even invisible to enemy planes."

source link BBC South Asia Tuesday, 14 May, 2002, BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | India defence looks to ancient text

its a way long too old news but any recent news is expected

to the mods if any threads already on this item please merge this one thank you

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
India's Defence Minister George Fernandes has approved funding for the project

Why are you putting up such an old news now????

in the last but one line I have already given as i am expecting any recent news as i cannot find any other forum for this kind of news

Although i have minuscule knowledge of Hinduism Vedas and Granthas but i feel they sure do contain some alien tech in there which needs to be decoded. It sends chill down my spine as i consider these ancient tech books as a gateway to another portal. Its mysterious nature can be compared with Egyptian mummies and pyramids.

Maurya empire pioneered Buddhism, Chandragupta Maurya became an ascetic under the Jain saint Bhadrabahu towards the end of his life, Chanakya was more like a prime minister than general.

If this materialises.

I will give up what I've believed all my life and will become a Hindu =]

Do not despair, it's not too late to take up Taoism studies. Then you can be all knowing, predict events and forcast/alter weather.

Can also send lightnings down your enemy's butt.

You might even get to be immortal.

If this materialises.

I will give up what I've believed all my life and will become a Hindu =]

I swear,that you dont need to convert :P

Trust me,Indian gov organisations are termed as the worst and laziest of all federal organisations over the world.

These people only fight each other to attain that chair of PM/CM,but never ever think of the nation in terms of nationalistic views and goals.

All you see is a bunch of retarded 70+ old men/women who are gonna die sooner than later and getting the road paved for their children to be sucessful heirs.

If atleast a 0.1 % of these B`stards are nationalists,India would have eliminated the poverty while being called a super power by now.

Thanks to the screwedup gandhian philosopies which often call of rastaroko and bandhs and making these gov servants work for only less than half of total working days.

In all these federal agencies,what we see is baldheads or white hair folks with 1m stomach projections and difficult to move from one table to other without support.

These so called Arthasastra original scripts were found centuries ago,but yet it seems no one is following them. Because it can be witnessed by the way of governance provided to the common man.

Kautilya talked more about governance and how the common man should be taken care of.He went on saying ,how a kingdom will shine when all its citizens live in joy and with no problems.
Kautilya was a great researcher.During those hay days around 6th-4th century BCE when Sushruta first did his cataract surgery and later followed by many ancient Indians as profession,Kautilya was known to be one of those followers and did worked on some alternative night vision lences of humans. It was yet to be proved how he managed to send a bunch of special forces with those night visions into the Nanda fortress that very mid night to take care of soldiers at the entrance.

Afterall Kautilya was a "Jack of all trades".His knowledge and wisdom was never scalable.He might be first one to introduce spying on other kingdoms at the continental sphere in those days.

Many dimwits were never able to atleast grasp the meanings of his great works,let alone these gov employees.

His works can be implemented at any time with only will,but not by wit.

Kautilya was a great example for everyone ,how to be nationalist.

After looking at the hordes of marching Alexanders army,he went to every king and emperor in the sub-continent to confront Alexander. Nanda being a B`stard made a deal with Alexander and instuled Kautilya when he reached for help.

Kautilya took the revenge on Nanda by overthrowing him from power using this very small boy Chandragupta.Taught him all 64 kinds of arts(64 Arts means a perfect graduation for a human).

It was said that Kautilya was one of those who put those learnings from 4 vedas at work.

If atall these was a desire in these gov servants to learn from Arthasastra,they can better learn from Vedas where Kautilya nitpicked for his works.

Do not despair, it's not too late to take up Taoism studies. Then you can be all knowing, predict events and forcast/alter weather.

If this materialises.

I will give up what I've believed all my life and will become a Taoist =]

Hey "you" dont look at me like that:what: .. i said Taoist not Maoist. okay>?:whistle:

I swear,that you dont need to convert :P

All you see is a bunch of retarded 70+ old men/women who are gonna die sooner than later and getting the road paved for their children to be sucessful heirs.

If atleast a 0.1 % of these B`stards are nationalists,India would have eliminated the poverty while being called a super power by now.

Thanks to the screwedup gandhian philosopies which often call of rastaroko and bandhs and making these gov servants work for only less than half of total working days.

In all these federal agencies,what we see is baldheads or white hair folks with 1m stomach projections and difficult to move from one table to other without support.

Well said.

Infact, the moron FM(finance minister) who quoted Kautilya's words in his budget speech(to shove his hollow ego) has no freaking clue of his teachings and principles.

We have morons running this country. Sad but true.

Back
Top Bottom