What's new

India could shell out $12 billion for new fighter jets

Just don't get this moving f16 production to India line LM are saying. For years now they have been telling customers to ditch the f16's and join the f35 program as its seen as the future, now all of a sudden they think the f16's are good enough for India.

Also f16's or any other single engine fighters from another country will most likely kill the Tejas programme, India isn't at war, nor does it need 4th generation single engine fighters, so why not let Tejas develop for the next 10 years.

the trick here is to choose between MII f16 or rafale with 50% offset..
both going to cost the same.
and cost would ba a hurdle always.

or IAF can get mig35 under mii to address the decline numbers at a affordable price.
that to my view is good plane, after all mig 35 is a mature mig29 program.

or why not buy same 200-300 secand hand f16 from US.

Just don't get this moving f16 production to India line LM are saying. For years now they have been telling customers to ditch the f16's and join the f35 program as its seen as the future, now all of a sudden they think the f16's are good enough for India.

Also f16's or any other single engine fighters from another country will most likely kill the Tejas programme, India isn't at war, nor does it need 4th generation single engine fighters, so why not let Tejas develop for the next 10 years.

The Idea of buying weapons is not to start a war, but to prevent a war.

The stronger you are, the lesser are chances of war.

LCA is run independently by ADA and DRDO and has nothing to do with production. They are a pure R&D organisation. So even with F-16 or Grippen E the LCA program will continue. For now there is standing order for 140 aircraft. That's not a small number is it ?

the trick here is to choose between MII f16 or rafale with 50% offset..
both going to cost the same.
and cost would ba a hurdle always.

or IAF can get mig35 under mii to address the decline numbers at a affordable price.
that to my view is good plane, after all mig 35 is a mature mig29 program.

or why not buy same 200-300 secand hand f16 from US.

The idea is to MAKE IN INDIA.

It's a bit of give and take, the initiative is towards manufacturing in India, and developing its fighter aviation industry. LM wants a piece of the defense pie in return of making in India.

and, overall it isn't such a bad deal. IAF needs to replace its old planes - why not do it with one of the most successful ones. Also, there are more than 3000 of them flying in the world that will need India manufactured parts. The negative surely is that its a decades old design, but the most advanced F16, It's sanction prone - but that gets negated when the whole plant moves in house, it's 4th gen, but it will serve IAF's problem of numbers.

haha, then you need triple it, at least. J-20 is coming, my friend ...
Yes but i doubt its quality. India just need enough to Defend itself or just run down the country.
We are not looking at winning war against you. But ut would be great in war you loose everythibg you gained

Haha

SO @GURU DUTT ji according to your sources India will sign or select F16 for further talks? And that too within 3 or 4 weeks :o::undecided:

These 12 Billion were better spent in indigenous efforts.

Here is my idea:

More MKI's (300+)
1more squad of rafale (54)
At least 300 LCA's

I dont see the need for a whole new fighter. Build another LCA assembly line with Rafale tech TOT to make it better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom