What's new

India concerned over military gap with China

Kennedy's political campaign revolved around bashing the Eisenhower administration of its failure to take action against the soviet threat. However, when Kennedy did win the contest, he realized the soviets were infact far behind the Americans in technology and stability. This was a time when the soviets came out with announcements of huge projects and infrastructure plans. The world assumed the soviets were at par or even ahead of the Unites states .

We need to keep in mind that, regardless of the propaganda, the Chinese are actively denied critical technologies that are available to India. Also, if our government/army spokesmen are to be believed, several tie-ups and deals have already been made by India under the radar and away from the media scanner.

Ultimately, China is a state facing sanctions and associated restrictions. Even with an increased spending, it would still take them a decade or two to gain parity with the United states technology of the 70's.

As for the statement by military chiefs, its a well known fact that militarily all over the world blow out of proportion the threats posed by its rival. I am not denying the article. My intention with this post was simply to suggest that Indians ought to take this news with a little bit of salt.

Are you try to be funny if yes you succeeed i m lmao now.

Whoa! the US destroyed every major infrastructure there is and occupied almost every city.Doing that for for like a decade and decided to walk away,if that doesn't count as a win i dont know what is?

That article should be a trick, isn't it, how can India behind China, the problem India have is not enough PR, which China have many.

Whoa! the US destroyed every major infrastructure there is and occupied almost every city.Doing that for for like a decade and decided to walk away,if that doesn't count as a win i dont know what is?
Vietnam war is part of cold war, in which the US win.
VN won that war, they have goal and they archived it, I can said the same for the US, the VN...who care...I won cold war, the USSR die a painfull death, by doing Sino-Russia split....you-China- is consider a big winer in that war.

We need to keep in mind that, regardless of the propaganda, the Chinese are actively denied critical technologies that are available to India.

Care to explain what those critical technologies are ? And still with all those critical technologies available exclusively to India . Whats stopping her from making progress in Aviation , Ship building and Missile technologies and other defense areas? while at the same time that tech deprived country is developing 4th and 5th Aircrafts , Aircraft Carriers , Submarines , Frigates etc and making huge progress ( even if by copying ) ?

Sure, that why they only can bully some poor old man like Mr. Saddam or Mr. Gadaffi , and refused to help Thailand when they're beaten by VN :P

Russia never walked the moon. They're going to walk Mars. They 50 years behind US?

Vietnam should walk the Parcel islands first.

In a China VS India scenario, why should people be concerned about how much China is behind US?

We should be concerned about how much China is behind India.

we can not match china in defense spending.

what we have to do is optimum use of our def budget and getting highly critical tech from west.

personally i believe that rail mobile and TEL versions of shaurya and Agni 2 must be developed. India should be able to launch these missiles from their TEL launchers at anywhere on route. ( like TOPOL M)

then we can deploy them in north east.

we should also induct K 4 as early as possible and should also develop its land version.

remember at a point of battle of Moscow Russians had only 90,000 soldiers.

Zhukov concentrated them on 4 critical points and defended city.

if GOI uses all above measures and carefully utilizes our ocean card then we don't have to worry.

We are atleast 20 years behind india in weapons purchasing power.

not true. but its true that you cant get weapons from west.

but we can.

however china produces many good weapons on massive scale.

this is why we are worried.

we wont be able to match pace of modernization of Chinese armed forces.

we should also induct K 4 as early as possible and should also develop its land version.

remember at a point of battle of Moscow Russians had only 90,000 soldiers.

Zhukov concentrated them on 4 critical points and defended city.

if GOI uses all above measures and carefully utilizes our ocean card then we don't have to worry.

If I am not wrong it was the Russian weather that significantly changed the outcome of the war, and considering Moscow does drop to - 20 to -30 in winter its not surprising. Comparing the Russian strategy to India its not practical and not forgetting weapons have come a long way since WWII.

Battle of Moscow | World War II Database

But I do agree on the ensuing the ocean is kept protected, that's where majority of India's supply lines will be coming in from. Refer to my earlier post for reference.

^^ i just gave example.

what i meant that excellent strategy gives you upper hand on your enemies

Russia never walked the moon. They're going to walk Mars. They 50 years behind US?

it is the yanks r going to walk mars with their mpcv. Russians?! emmm..... take care of their angara rocket first.

112614lgdj56v25dvage2z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom