What's new

India Cleared For 34-Nation Group, Can Buy High-End Missile Technology

No just asking. Nothing wrong if we buy these technologies best available in the world and pair it with our missile systems.

What is this mokv sevebseven bro... So it's basically India now could get hold of technology involved to develop our own icbm init?

And I guess Israelis got missiles nuclear tipped with nuclear weapons. How do u explain that man
why are you so obsessed with ICBM ?

fact is we already have ICBM and that too with MIRV (SLV launching multiple satelites in one go is a ICBM with MIRV with a diffrent 'attitude' ;) )

no we cant buy ICBM or even medium or long range cruise missiles but we can suerly buy latest radars and avionics and air to air and air to ground missiles like stealthy air launched cruise missiles with range less than/upto 600 Km and payload less than/upto 500 , weponised drones and all daul use technologies which were sanctioned for sale against india
And by the way now we could expand our bramos to 600 km range? As now we and Russia can develop missiles beyond 300 km

No. The MTCR forbids such transactions and was partially designed them in mind (it was mainly to stop the spread of nuclear capable cruise missiles).

However, the sale of ICBM motors is not prohibited and Soviet-era missile motors have been bought by the US for use on SLVs:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...649cb2-057b-11e6-b283-e79d81c63c1b_story.html

Surplus US missiles are being debated for sale to domestic firms such as Orbital ATK, but not to foreign nations or companies:

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2016/04/19/plan-sell-old-icbms-stirs-controversy/83249414/

Not only does the MTCR forbid the sale of such systems, but both the US and Russia are bound by other treaties - with each other - and their own domestic laws. The NPT, as does the MTCR, forbids the sale of nuclear technologies, such as ICBMs or MIRVs

http://www.state.gov/t/isn/npt/

The US does not sell strategic weapons like nuclear capable missiles, nuclear submarines or carriers, heavy bombers or advanced electronic surveillance equipment.

*Speaking of MIRVs... the MOKV says, "f*ck your MIRV":partay:.

Multiple%20Kill%20Vehicle_0.jpg
What about stealth technologies?

How exactly does getting a membership enables India to buy high end missile technology?? Please explain someone

And by the way now we could expand our bramos to 600 km range? As now we and Russia can develop missiles beyond 300 km
thats right and many other techs like mini radars/seeker heads /acutors for varius kinds of missiles and fighter jets

why are you so obsessed with ICBM ?

fact is we already have ICBM and that too with MIRV (SLV launching multiple satelites in one go is a ICBM with MIRV with a diffrent 'attitude' ;) )

Slv are different bro though the principles are similar with similar range needed Constrain launch MIRV icbm will be a real factor behind security

How exactly does getting a membership enables India to buy high end missile technology?? Please explain someone

Same like fighter jet deals now India can make deals for critical strategic technology under make in India. Think about US selling its best defence technologies which India yet to posses with out any hue and cry

Slv are different bro though the principles are similar with similar range needed Constrain launch MIRV icbm will be a real factor behind security
thats right most ICBMs or ballistic missiles there days are canisterred and with solid fuel while SLVs are liquid feuled and never canisterred and thats why i said diffrent attitude waise bhee we dont nee a so called ISBM deu to our threat scenario

Same like fighter jet deals now India can make deals for critical strategic technology under make in India. Think about US selling its best defence technologies which India yet to posses with out any hue and cry

Sorry for being a layman. But is it like when India was a non member it could not get the technology, and now being a member it can get the same?? Basically does it mean that there are no restriction on deals within the members of the group?? Does it means that members cannot sell to non members but can freely sell to members?

I mean..Usually we friends..use these words in casual talk...Even.i went to Mosque for prayer too...Nothing unusual in India per se..
I know it ..Normally one does these things with friends and I have visited so many Churches, baptism ceremonies, Christian weddings and funerals, Xmas dinners...just because of my friends and vice-versa.

If anyone wants to sell them to you, sure. For aircraft or ships? Those wouldn't be bared by the MTCR. But signature suppression technologies for strategic missiles and their payloads?

A violation of the MTCR (and NPT as we're dealing with nuclear capable systems here) and I doubt the US or Russia would be keen on selling such anyway.

I just went through all 95 technologies listed under MCTR 2010 handbook

Of these India possessed majority of them i.e 81

http://www.mtcr.info/english/MTCR_Annex_Handbook_ENG.pdf

In the area of Stealth however, India seems to be very backward.

Under membership of MCTR, I was wondering if it would be possible for India to acquire them from nations like Brazil or Greece

In the area of Stealth however, India seems to be very backward.

Under membership of MCTR, I was wondering if it would be possible for India to acquire them from nations like Brazil or Greece

Sure they can help you, but only if the system they're helping you with is MTCR compliant.

For strategic missiles, they'd run afoul of the NPT too, but for MTCR compliant cruise missiles this shouldn't be a concern. They can't sell you missiles that violate the MTCR and joint development also becomes a restricted option as well, as does selling you technologies specifically for MTCR-busting weapons, but anything being developed by India that is MTCR compliant, yes they could help you develop those. Even if that development includes stealth technologies.

The Norwegian NSM is a stealthy anti-ship missile (the JSM for land-attack) and is being sold to Poland and the US. Because it's MTCR compliant, the sale of its stealth features isn't a concern.

This is a Polish battery on Norway's Andøya Island:

polsk-skudd.jpg

Credit to the OP here - http://www.*********************.com/forums/threads/polish-military-and-defense-thread.464/page-5

Additionally, LM is helping to modify, develop and market Turkey's stealthy SOM-J missile for use on the F-35.

1280px-SOM_cruise_missile_mockup_on_MSPO_2014.jpeg

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/ne...-lm--teams-with-roketsan-turkey-new-f-35.html

So it's situational. Selling or helping to develop stealth tech for a missile like Nirbhay - a Tomahawk equivalent? That's a violation of the MTCR which forbids JVs on missiles with a range greater then the MTCR's upper limit.

But selling or helping to develop stealth tech for a shorter ranged missile like Brahmos? Keep the range and payload compliant and it's a possibility.

No, and were not far off from MIRV.
Aspen our drdo it's still long way to go before operational. What could be the time frame you think?

Sorry for being a layman. But is it like when India was a non member it could not get the technology, and now being a member it can get the same?? Basically does it mean that there are no restriction on deals within the members of the group?? Does it means that members cannot sell to non members but can freely sell to members?
Yes... That's what am hearing from fellow members here. One thing is for sure... We just hit the jackpot as far as R&D are concerned. Think about what we can learn from predators like drones systems.

Aspen our drdo it's still long way to go before operational. What could be the time frame you think?

Yes... That's what am hearing from fellow members here. One thing is for sure... We just hit the jackpot as far as R&D are concerned. Think about what we can learn from predators like drones systems.

that is classified info, i won't comment on it. It's close, let that suffice for now.

Back
Top Bottom