What's new

India, China to Resume Army Exercises From 2013

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
India, China to Resume Army Exercises From 2013

India and China are expected to resume their bilateral military exercises from next year and a decision in this regard is likely to be taken during the five-day visit of Chinese Defence Minister Gen Liang Guanglie.

During Gen Liang's visit starting Monday next week, the two sides will discuss about having more Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) and ways of strengthening their military ties, a senior official of the Defence Ministry said here.

"We are planning to resume the army-to-army exercise 'Hand-in-Hand' from next year and a final decision in this regard would be taken at the meeting between Gen Liang Guanglie and his Indian counterpart A K Antony," the official said.

Military exercises between the two countries had started in 2007 but were put on hold after a series of hiccups in the defence ties between the two sides.

The first exercise was held in Kunming, China in 2007 whereas the second was held in India at Belgaum in 2008.

After the denial of visa to the then Northern Army Commander Lt Gen B S Jaswal by the Chinese in 2010, New Delhi froze all bilateral defence exchanges with Beijing.

Though the defence exchanges have re-started, there are still some problems like China declining to issue visa to an IAF officer belonging to Arunachal Pradesh.

After reaching Mumbai on September 2 with his 23-member delegation, Gen Liang will visit the Gandhi Museum there. He will also visit Taj Mahal and Qutub Minar.

A Defence Minister-level visit to China from India had last taken place in May, 2006. Gen Liang's visit will be the first by a Chinese Defence Minister to India since Gen Cao Gangchuan's visited here in March, 2004.
FILED ON: SEP 02, 2012

India, China to Resume Army Exercises From 2013 | news.outlookindia.com

that is something unexpected from chinese def guys :coffee:, i wonder what kind of military exercise they gonna do:what:

These military exercises are simply a way to test each other's strength, and to boost army moral, or in India's case, learn.
Then india china must do these exercises in the sectors they are expected to fight like AP,sikkim,laddak,UK.

^^because your vote count for nothing but if we wish we can stop it for your sake ..shall we ?

^^because your vote count for nothing but if we wish we can stop it for your sake ..shall we ?

voting in corrupt politicians to open more bank accounts in Switzerland?:azn:

anyway,this is another opportunity to photograph silly acts and stunts grandily performed by Indian soldiers。

Infact, 99% Chinese don't know 1962, and only know China and India have some border dispute left by England, on the view of China, the problem with India is far behind with US, Japan, Taiwan, Rassia, South sea, even not means a problem can talk to solve like what China did with Rassia and middle Assia country and VN; now China only has land border dispute with one country India. So, most Chinese see India as a friend before went into this forums and see that some Indian had a great resentment to China and heard many as "**V for China, China killer......"

India may take 80% attention on China, but China only take 5% on India, so I think India should change to accept the hand from China but guess "what China want to do this time? they may have some secret purpose...."

So, most Chinese see India as a friend before went into this forums and see that some Indian had a great resentment to China and heard many as "**V for China, China killer......"

Forums don't change the Point of View of anyone. I can get you hundreds of forums showing Indians saying, "China and India should join hands and oppose the Western tyranny". So.... after reading those, all the Chinese trolls I see on here are gonna convert to India lovers?

EzioAltaï²»3368462 said:
Forums don't change the Point of View of anyone. I can get you hundreds of forums showing Indians saying, "China and India should join hands and oppose the Western tyranny". So.... after reading those, all the Chinese trolls I see on here are gonna convert to India lovers?

who went to army forums? most are blood man, and Militants, so trolls make most; I think west are very clever,
1. English left India, but make Pak and India hostile, and make a McMahon Line for India and China
2. US make Diaoyu island for Japan and China
3. US make Zhu island for South Korea and Japan
4. US make North Four island for Rassia and Japan

make Japan only way is follow with US bcs he make Japan have border dispute with all neighbors, so for India

Military strenght is a pride to all nations, it is a moral boaster for their citizens. However in reality a war wasted economic resources and human lives which level headed leaders of nations would not want to see.

Fanboys love war, war veterans from Vietnam war and Gulf/Afghan war tell you otherwise.

These military exercises are simply a way to test each other's strength, and to boost army moral, or in India's case, learn.

Are you portraying, that Chinese are soldiers are so dumb, that they lack the aptitude to even 'learn' in a joint military exercise?

Are you portraying, that Chinese are soldiers are so dumb, that they lack the aptitude to even 'learn' in a joint military exercise?

dude, your reading and understanding skills are far below the norm. Have you been educated in a proper primary school?

Back
Top Bottom