What's new

India. China prepare for another joint military excercise

First of all, I am 100% agreed with this join military excercise, wish i

could take part in it too, so that i can try out Indian's

incredible "Insas" assault rifle for a few rounds before it overheated.

every rifle overheats.

Thread derailed by some intellectual member's rant. :tsk:

@topic:
This military exercise is a part of confidence building movement. They hold a strategic and diplomatic values. Moreover it is not a message for Pakistan which is actually too small at world level (no offences please) but there are other international factors involved.
This exercice serves multiple purpose . Strengthing the SCO to increasing mutual trust to pressurise US...all is included in this. ;)

Lastly offtopic: I am disappointed by fellow member's wisdom. In one thread I asked what is the responsibility of a senior members. I was informed that they have a "moral responsibility" to check if thread is on the track etc...
I wonder this rule is excempt of some seniors. Don't know which word is missing here moral or responsibility.

Last edited:
what do u think the the US and its allyus can do when, CHINA-RUSSIA-INDIA-PAKISTAN stand up in arms against the US led armada? There can be nothing which can be done.... and we buy US weapons as long as the markets are open to us, we are not buying it blindly we are choosing among the best.... And If our relationship with russia can enhance the relationship with china its really well for us, but We will not stand under the US umbrella...And the efforts taken by Chinese and Indian govt for better co-ordination is not gona go in vain, we will see India and china standing hand in hand , and Iam sure there is no force which can defeat the worlds Largets army PLA and the second largest Indian army....

The US military is the world's 2nd largest military. Not Indian military. The problem with Indian military is that once its planes is out of service, it need help. The US has an interest of protecting democratic governments. If India is indeed a democracy as from what I know, India has a imperfect democracy, than its in the best interest of India to be under the US nuclear umbrealla.

BTW, the US military is setup to defeat China, Russia and India simutaneously. No one talk about it because no one has to. We are not like your Indian generals who has to brag about something that it cannot even dream of accomplish such as fighting both China and Russia at the same time.

No offence to China Pakistan friendship ...but wind is on India's side because India China relationship is much more beneficial to both countries than China Pakistan relationship.....Trade is one of the biggest Growth Drivers form both economies and Leadership from both Countries understand that....so they are pushing for better ties .....

I disagree...their relationship with Pakistan is much more beneficial to them than that with India...
there is very little domestic competition to face in Pak...tax waivers to Chinese companies...and above all appeasement from the govt.

I feel that you over estimate china way too much. China is in the lead now. But in a matter of a decade or two India is going to be where china is today . India will be able to provide russia better return on investment on JVs since India had traditionally respected intectual rights . China has got a head start but give India respect where it is due

India will also advance but China is growing at a faster rate with an economy that is much larger. If this trend continue, which almost no one predict that it will change, than China will be more advance than it is today.

As I mentioned, Russian and Western European technology is ahead of China now but is likely that China will surpass them. This is because Europeans like to fight among themselves in addition to fight with Americans and Russians. Russians, after a big stall in the 90s, has to rebuild its momentum. This provide an opportunity for China to surge ahead of Russia and Western Europe.

If India continue to rely on Russia and Western Europe for military hardware, its going to find out that the imported technology doesn't have any real advantage over the Chinese domestic ones.

No offence to China Pakistan friendship ...but wind is on India's side because India China relationship is much more beneficial to both countries than China Pakistan relationship.....Trade is one of the biggest Growth Drivers form both economies and Leadership from both Countries understand that....so they are pushing for better ties .....

really?i think most time we can only understand how much indian like to drive a wedge and grab every chance to defame china.......no offence to indian,you should hire faithfulguy as your strategic commander :rofl:

Actually, Indian China relationship is more important for India than for China. The Indian subcontinent is not the most important part of China's strategic picture but its the most important part India's.

Did not you notice the comment of our Pakistani brother? Did not you see the love he has for China?

Tell me, if that is not love, then what is love?

Now, why Beijing is risking that kind relationship between China and Pakistan just to have some joint military exercises with a hostile country, I simply do not understand.

don't get emotional...it's just a Confidence building measure....means $h!t basically...China needs Pakistan as much as the latter needs the former...
anyway...there have been a lot more CBMS between India and China lately...the recent media frenzy over the "chinese incursions" really tested the will on both the sides for peace...and there have been planned visits...for both the sides in 2010...

The US military is the world's 2nd largest military. Not Indian military. The problem with Indian military is that once its planes is out of service, it need help. The US has an interest of protecting democratic governments. If India is indeed a democracy as from what I know, India has a imperfect democracy, than its in the best interest of India to be under the US nuclear umbrealla.

BTW, the US military is setup to defeat China, Russia and India simutaneously. No one talk about it because no one has to. We are not like your Indian generals who has to brag about something that it cannot even dream of accomplish such as fighting both China and Russia at the same time.
Which Indian general ever brag about fighting Russia and China together. India will never need US nuclear umbrella because it has enough nuclear deterrence against its neighbors
Even Chinese planes will stop to fly if russia stops supply of engines. India is producing planes and engines in India with full TOT.so in an event of war, india can produce disregard the intectual rights agreement and mass produce engines and planes . Anyway no country would be willing to fight a war of attrition.

Last edited:
Actually, Indian China relationship is more important for India than for China. The Indian subcontinent is not the most important part of China's strategic picture but its the most important part India's.

where does china get it's oil from?
it comes from the indian ocean from the straits of mallacca.
the reason for the Chinese to have excellent relations with Pak is of utmost importance to whatever your foreign policy is bro.

India will also advance but China is growing at a faster rate with an economy that is much larger. If this trend continue, which almost no one predict that it will change, than China will be more advance than it is today.

As I mentioned, Russian and Western European technology is ahead of China now but is likely that China will surpass them. This is because Europeans like to fight among themselves in addition to fight with Americans and Russians. Russians, after a big stall in the 90s, has to rebuild its momentum. This provide an opportunity for China to surge ahead of Russia and Western Europe.

If India continue to rely on Russia and Western Europe for military hardware, its going to find out that the imported technology doesn't have any real advantage over the Chinese domestic ones.

If China with a GDP 33% of US can dream of beating USA, India with a 33% GDP size of China can atleast have the rights to dream of catching up with china. The rate of growth now cannot be a factor because other countries like japan has also grown at a very fast rate in the past. I agree that china is a great country with great potential so is India. They have potentials but they are not there yet. So if you can consider china will reach there, then you should allow indians also to dream of reaching the top. 20 years of head start is hard to catch, but with negative population growth predicted for china with one child policy, Anything thing can happen.

Which Indian general ever brag about fighting Russia and China together. India will never need US nuclear umbrella because it has enough nuclear deterrence against its neighbors
Even Chinese planes will stop to fly if russia stops supply of engines. India is producing planes and engines in India with full TOT.so in an event of war, india can produce disregard the intectual rights agreement and mass produce engines and planes . Anyway no country would be willing to fight a war of attrition.

the thing is that China should be able to have its own engines in mass production soon as some of its planes are already equip with its own domestically produced engine. india has TOT, but not for all the components.

Anyway, I'm talking more about the long term strategic view than just who has better weapon right now. In the long run, India will need nuclear umbrella. Doesn't England and France has nukes themselves? They still need a nuclear umbrella. The same logic applies to India.

In Number , India has the second largest army and the 4th biggest in terms of Military...... And btw, India and china can solve the problems by themselves, no 3rd hand needed to solve the issue, and moreover on what grounds can it trust USA? and my dear, USA cannot take on China-India-Russia all alone..... Just forget it

the thing is that China should be able to have its own engines in mass production soon as some of its planes are already equip with its own domestically produced engine. india has TOT, but not for all the components.

Anyway, I'm talking more about the long term strategic view than just who has better weapon right now. In the long run, India will need nuclear umbrella. Doesn't England and France has nukes themselves? They still need a nuclear umbrella. The same logic applies to India.
Nuclear umbrella to guard India from whom? If it is china or pakistan , india doesnt need one. Russia/USSR with a stock pile of 4000 nuclear was formidable opponent for USA, UK and western europe combined . Hence western needed US nuclear umbrella. India with 100+ nuke doesnt need a nuclear umbrella to protect from 300+ nukes from china and pakistan . unless Indian and chinese premiers looses thier minds and go for MAD scenario.
Problem with Indian force is they have been spolied with high tech european Tech on their planes that they are not ready to go for medium level indian Tech . this is harming India ,but JVs for now is antidote for the time being untill India has big cash like china to invest on full R&Ds

Back
Top Bottom