What's new

India. China prepare for another joint military excercise

Now what Has USA done to India that We need to trust USA? Russia has helped us develop more than We could ever Imagine in terms of military

India can develop the kind of relationship with the US like that of Japan and US and Germany and US. Or even Britain and US. Both France and England has nuclear weapons that are more powerful than the ones India has but they are still under the US nuclear umbrella. If India think that it can handle China by itself, its dreaming. Only US protection can prevent India from a perpetual deficit in all aspects as compare ot China.

India can develop the kind of relationship with the US like that of Japan and US and Germany and US. Or even Britain and US. Both France and England has nuclear weapons that are more powerful than the ones India has but they are still under the US nuclear umbrella. If India think that it can handle China by itself, its dreaming. Only US protection can prevent India from a perpetual deficit in all aspects as compare ot China.

Well, We Trust the Russians more than we trust any other nation, Russians have been with us always, and will be with us, India and USA share a good relationship, And We can also Trust the USA that No matter what they will help us, But USA can never come as important to India like russia Is to us, Russia trusts us and shares its technologies with us where as USA is wanting nationst to stand behind them and under there care......

The differance is Russia wants India to grow and become developed and hence they share everything, USA wants India to be under them, now this is a huge Differance. Isnt it?

mate ok i can understand u have ur own logic

but u see russia wont backstab us this my feelings and infact strong feeling
tey have been there for us always

and USA i have no problem with tat
but our relationships need to grow its now just at initial stages
USA also has an nack of leaving its cutomer stranded in crucil times

I only see Russia and China grow closer together. With the Chinese economic growth, Russia will need China more than its friendship with India. This is especially true as Russia distrust the west and it seeks to regain its former relationship with its satellite states in Europe.
Currently, China still buy military technology from Russia. But with China's fast technical advancement with its economy as the foundation, its military technology will also grow. Soon, Russia would be importing weaonry from China just as how China is importing from Russia. In that scenario, I can see Russia abondoning India as India by then would still be behind Russia/China in technology unless relationship between India and China warm up. In that case, I do see a China/Russia/Indian Axis against the US lead western camp. If India choose to side with west, than its relationship with Russia will suffer. One thing I agree with many Indians here is that India has options. But its option of choosing to be with Russia/China or the west will start to close.

I really feel pity on you guys. What you got from these all these discussions ?.

Did not you notice the comment of our Pakistani brother? Did not you see the love he has for China?

Tell me, if that is not love, then what is love?

Now, why Beijing is risking that kind relationship between China and Pakistan just to have some joint military exercises with a hostile country, I simply do not understand.

Pakistan will understand. They see more than what's on the surface.

Pakistan will understand. They see more than what's on the surface.

Exactly that is what I want.

We need to clarify China's position regarding Pakistan, so that our Pakistani brothers will not take it otherwise.

I would be glad, if Beijing at least gives an official statement that such military exercises will not affect China-Pakistan friendship which is based on mutual respect and trust.

Please, please, CPC, release this statement soon....

:pakistan: :china:

I only see Russia and China grow closer together. With the Chinese economic growth, Russia will need China more than its friendship with India. This is especially true as Russia distrust the west and it seeks to regain its former relationship with its satellite states in Europe.
Currently, China still buy military technology from Russia. But with China's fast technical advancement with its economy as the foundation, its military technology will also grow. Soon, Russia would be importing weaonry from China just as how China is importing from Russia. In that scenario, I can see Russia abondoning India as India by then would still be behind Russia/China in technology unless relationship between India and China warm up. In that case, I do see a China/Russia/Indian Axis against the US lead western camp. If India choose to side with west, than its relationship with Russia will suffer. One thing I agree with many Indians here is that India has options. But its option of choosing to be with Russia/China or the west will start to close.

Do you think Russia would love to lose the oh..so Important Billions of Dollars of Defence export customer....as against a country that would be keen to export its own stuff to Russia......

Just make a list of defence and Other Pacts India and Russia Share ...as against Russia and China....or may Be China and Pakistan....

Coming back to the topic:

These military exercises are meant to solidify Diplomatic Ties rather than doing anything else.....May be this would bring both countries together....Remember India China have a trade relationship that is multiple times bigger than China Pakistan Relationship......India China relation is based on Mutual Give and take...whereas Pakistan China relation is more of China Giving and Pakistan Taking......

So it is important for China and India to have stronger relationship ...to make sure that both countries have a longer mutually beneficial relationship.

Here is an old but effective news..
Recently Chinese premier Wen Jiabao visited India, where he said that India and China must take their trade to $30 billion level by 2010. Seeing the whopping growth in Sino-Indian trade, China outlined a five-point agenda, including reducing rade barriers and enhancing multilateral cooperation to boost bilateral trade.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said "We have set an objective (in the joint statement) to increase the two-way trade volume from 13.6 billion dollar at present to 20 billion dollar by 2008.....we plan to take it to 30 billion dollar by 2010." Addressing Indian business leaders at New Delhi on April 11, he said that the two countries agreed for a joint feasibility study for a bilateral Free Trade Agreement.

India China Economy have also agreed to work together in energy security and at the multilateral level at the WTO to support an "open, fair, equitable and transparent rule-based multilateral trade system", the joint statement signed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Wen said. Wen also offered to cooperate with New Delhi in its infrastructure programme.

Indian Commerce Minister Kamal Nath said China was poised to become India's largest trade partner in the next two-three years, next only to the US and Singapore.

And here is something more recent:
India, China set trade target of 60 billion dollars for 2010

Expressing satisfaction over the achievement of trade targets well ahead of the scheduled time, India and China today set an enhanced target of 60 billion dollars to be achieved by 2010.

The target, which formed part of the Vision Statement for the 21st Century issued by Prime Ministers Manmohan Singh and Wen Jiabao, was revised from the earlier one of 40 billion dollars as both countries have been achieving the figure two years ahead of time.

Earlier today, while addressing the India-China Business Summit, Prime Minister Singh said that with both countries achieving their stated targets for bilateral economic cooperation two years ahead of schedule, the two governments have been wondering whether there was a need for a constant review and revision of the figure for the better.

The two sides welcomed the positive facets of economic globalisation, and their leaders said, they were ready to face and meet its challenges and ensure a balanced and mutually beneficial form of economic globalisation.

Both sides said that the establishment of an “open, fair, equitable, transparent and rule-based multilateral trading system is the common aspiration of all countries.

Both sides said they looked forward to a favourable conclusion of the Doha Development Round, placing the issues that affect the poorest of the poor at its core.

Prime Ministers Dr. Manmohan Singh and Wen Jiabao also viewed India and China’s participation in regional and multilateral cooperation processes such as SAARC, the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation positively, saying that such processes were to the advantage of enhanced bilateral ties.

The two sides said they supported and felt encouraged by the processes of regional integration that provide mutually beneficial opportunities for growth in the emerging international economic system. They agreed to strengthen coordination and consultation of regional cooperation mechanisms, including the East Asia Summit and the Asia-Europe Meeting and the Asia-Europe Partnership. (ANI)

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...-of-60-billion-dollars-for-2010_10012874.html

Last edited:
IMO ,India china exercise news is nothing new. We will have exercises in 2010, 2011, 2012 and so on. We will continue having border disputes untill china overtakes USA or both countries becomes allies. both of which is not going to happen in the near future.
Some guys talk about inferior indian subs, and indian tech . India is of course behind china , but china is not USA . PLA has no other option but to accept their whatever is delivered to them and then create hype about it.
Indian military planners nor strategy experts are as dumb as you think. India will get independent in miltary tech sooner or later. We just have to catch up with other powers in GDP and per capita which going to take another 20 years. so till then India and china can have miltary exercises:pakistan::toast_sign:

Last edited:

what do u think the the US and its allyus can do when, CHINA-RUSSIA-INDIA-PAKISTAN stand up in arms against the US led armada? There can be nothing which can be done.... and we buy US weapons as long as the markets are open to us, we are not buying it blindly we are choosing among the best.... And If our relationship with russia can enhance the relationship with china its really well for us, but We will not stand under the US umbrella...And the efforts taken by Chinese and Indian govt for better co-ordination is not gona go in vain, we will see India and china standing hand in hand , and Iam sure there is no force which can defeat the worlds Largets army PLA and the second largest Indian army....

Currently, China still buy military technology from Russia. But with China's fast technical advancement with its economy as the foundation, its military technology will also grow. Soon, Russia would be importing weaonry from China just as how China is importing from Russia. In that scenario, I can see Russia abondoning India as India by then would still be behind Russia/China in technology unless relationship between India and China warm up. In that case, I do see a China/Russia/Indian Axis against the US lead western camp. If India choose to side with west, than its relationship with Russia will suffer. One thing I agree with many Indians here is that India has options. But its option of choosing to be with Russia/China or the west will start to clo

its russia to decide if it sides with china then it will also know tat it will let india
so its all in russia court
as far as i know india wont start russian freindship breakage
so if russia chose to support china on china-india conflicts it will lose india

I feel that you over estimate china way too much. China is in the lead now. But in a matter of a decade or two India is going to be where china is today . India will be able to provide russia better return on investment on JVs since India had traditionally respected intectual rights . China has got a head start but give India respect where it is due

Well I am amazed at the Chinese members uni-dimensional views on this thread. While the Indian posters have generally been optimistic about this joint military exercise all that the Chinese members have done is doubt the benefit that the exercise will bring.

I expected more from educated and informed Chinese members of this forum.

I will not comment anymore.

The wind is on Indian side.

CPC is responsible for this. :hitwall: :hitwall:

Hi Mr Communist,

This not the first Time India and China having a joint Military Excercise, I cannot understand why you are furious about this.

I will not comment anymore.

The wind is on Indian side.

CPC is responsible for this. :hitwall: :hitwall:

No offence to China Pakistan friendship ...but wind is on India's side because India China relationship is much more beneficial to both countries than China Pakistan relationship.....Trade is one of the biggest Growth Drivers form both economies and Leadership from both Countries understand that....so they are pushing for better ties .....

Back
Top Bottom