What's new

India-China border talks put off after row over Dalai Lama

India has so many of them,cant imagine.what a country

Insurgency in Northeast India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

google it to find it out,not from Chinese media.

Well we have so many of them ..yet you are the ones running insecure ..and paranoid of even a monk giving a speech!!

So this tells ..despite numerous insurgencies, Indians are much more confident of unity of their country than the nervous totalitarian regime sitting back in Bejing.

So this tells ..despite numerous insurgencies, Indians are much more confident of unity of their country than the nervous totalitarian regime sitting back in Bejing.

I really doubt about it,the phenomenon that India has so many insurgency elements explains a lot about the real situation in India,and China is pretty homogeneous like Japan and Korea.over 93% of Chinese population are Han Chinese.

I really doubt about it,the phenomenon that India has so many insurgency elements explains a lot about the real situation in India,and China is pretty homogeneous like Japan and Korea.over 93% of Chinese population are Han Chinese.

What do you doubt?

Do you doubt the fact that you have a totalitarian regime?

Or do you doubt the fact that you govt is even insecure about a monk/politician addressing a delegation in a neighboring country.

My country is created on the belief of Unity in Diversity.. despite being a homogeneous population, you guys are more scared than we are!! Why??

This is what usually happens with authoritarian regimes, I thought you'd know that. They get nervous over everything. :lol:

But let's look at the ground realities.

Terrorism Risk Index - Maplecroft

India - Extreme Risk of Terrorism (Highest category)
China - Low Risk of Terrorism (Lowest category)

All the great powers in the past, have been homogenous during their rise to power. Britain, Japan, Germany, and even the USA when they will still a rising power.

It was only after these nations arrived as great powers, that they started to diversify. And even then, even highly diverse Britain is today still 90% white! (You can check it yourself)

India on the other hand, has no majority ethnic or cultural group. It is entirely different from all these other rising powers, and will most likely experience a lot more turmoil during this phase than the others did. The fact that India was born with a Western democratic system is actually a good thing in this situation.

tibetan should go to UN and ask for independent country like palestine is doing,western will take care of their membership;)

This is what usually happens with authoritarian regimes, I thought you'd know that. They get nervous over everything. :lol:

All the great powers in the past, have been homogenous during their rise to power. Britain, Japan, Germany, and even the USA when they will still a rising power.

It was only after these nations arrived as great powers, that they started to diversify. And even then, even highly diverse Britain is today still 90% white! (You can check it yourself)

India on the other hand, has no majority ethnic or cultural group. It is entirely different from all these other rising powers, and will most likely experience a lot more turmoil during this phase than the others did. The fact that India was born with a Western democratic system is actually a good thing in this situation.

And its still here to this day.

If it should have split in to many city states, it would have happened in the 80s.

Even with its colossal diversity and differences India has pulled through, unlike many post colonial nations. And things are slowy calming down add to it India is getting even more powerful.

Yes, and there is a perfectly good reason why totalitarian regimes are so nervous about everything ..because despite outward appearances they know their house is made of firewood ..a single spark of rebellion can burn down everything(remember Soviet union)..
As it is said a dictator is afraid of people it represses similarly an authoritarian/totalitarian regime is dead scared of that single spark.

Besides, since when was US a homogeneous country? African Americans have been a major part of it population since the beginning..even the original white population comes from all over Europe..and don't get me started on native Americans

Yes, and there is a perfectly good reason why totalitarian regimes are so nervous about everything ..because despite outward appearances they know their house is made of firewood ..a single flame of rebellion can burn down everything(remember Soviet union)..
As it is said a dictator is afraid of people it represses similarly an authoritarian/totalitarian regime is dead scared of that single spark.

Absolutely. China has had hundreds of such revolutions in our history, probably more than any other country I can think of.

The difference of course, is that China has existed as a unified state for thousands of years. Our economy has crashed countless numbers of times during that period, and yet our common identity holds us together. We have gone through hell and back countless times, but in the end, we have always stayed as a unified state. Regardless of the Government, China is always China... and yes the CPC will come to an end one day, just like all the others.

The USSR on the other hand, only existed from 1922–1991. It was one of the shortest lived entities in the history of the world, and split as soon as their economy crashed.

Now that you mention it, in fact India has much more similarity to the Soviet Union than us. India only came into existence in 1947, and like the USSR... India has no majority ethnicity or culture to hold it together. The Soviet Union was less than 50% Russian, the rest was minorities.

China on the other hand is 90%+ Han Chinese, with the same culture and ethnicity. When Britain/Germany/USA/Japan were rising powers, they were homogenous too. In fact, they still are relatively homogenous... and as I noted above, Britain today is still 90% white. The USSR was the only rising great power of this era that did not have a majority ethnicity and culture.

Absolutely. China has had hundreds of such revolutions in our history, probably more than any other country I can think of.

The difference of course, is that China has existed as a unified state for thousands of years. Our economy has crashed countless numbers of times during that period, and yet our common identity holds us together. We have gone through hell and back countless times, but in the end, we have always stayed as a unified state. Regardless of the Government, China is always China... and yes the CPC will come to an end one day, just like all the others.

The USSR on the other hand, only existed from 1922–1991. It was one of the shortest lived entities in the history of the world, and split as soon as their economy crashed.

Now that you mention it, in fact India has much more similarity to the Soviet Union than us. India only came into existence in 1947, and like the USSR... India has no majority ethnicity or culture to hold it together. The Soviet Union was less than 50% Russian, the rest was minorities.

China on the other hand is 90%+ Han Chinese, with the same culture and ethnicity. As before, we have gone through hundreds of economic crashes in our history and we never split like the Soviet Union did.

When Britain/Germany/USA/Japan were rising powers, they were homogenous. In fact, they still are relatively homogenous... and as I noted above, Britain today is still 90% white. The USSR was the only rising great power of this era that did not have a majority ethnicity and culture.

Peoples republic of China with a Communist(totalitarian regime) has only existed for only 60yrs ..how can you have hundreds of revolutions against it??.. try seeing how the map of China has changed in these thousands of years...you are not living in China..that was there thousands of years ago..hell even 15 yrs ago.

Again I will repeat since when was US a homogeneous country? African Americans have been a major part of it population since the beginning..even the original white population comes from all over Europe..and don't get me started on native Americans.

Besides are you confused between ethnicity and race?

UK is majority white..but ethnically it has been made of different ethnicity from all over the Europe(Normans, Saxons, Britons, Vikings) for thousands of years.

USSR is almost entirely white!!

Peoples republic of China with a Communist(totalitarian regime) has only existed for only 60yrs ..how can you have hundreds of revolutions against it??

Before China was the PRC, it was the ROC. Before it was the ROC, it was the Qing Dynasty. Before that, it was the Ming, Yuan, Song Dynasty.

The common theme here, regardless of Government, is that it has always been China.

Whichever government replaces the CPC (only a matter of time), it will still be China, just like it has been for thousands of years. The vast majority of our population have the same ethnicity and culture, we are the same people.

India on the other hand, was created by the British out of a subcontinent full of independent kingdoms, and ethnic/religious groups that did not get along with each other. Muslims, after reaching a large enough percentage of the population, demanded that India be split, and they got their wish.

It is happening again. India has the 3rd largest Muslim population in the world, and they have a far higher birth rate than non-Muslims in India. India cannot handle them now, what will happen after they reach 40-50% of the population?

Britain, Japan, Germany, and even the USA when they will still a rising power.

What was the Japanese, Germany, Britians, etc history before they were rising powers or colonial powers?

They were very much divided. They came together just like Indians will come together. Like I said, If it was destined for India to crash and disintegrate it should have happened a long time ago..

The common theme here, regardless of Government, is that it has always been China.

What do you mean "China". It was "China" to the Europeans, just like "India".

Others wise it was Yuan, Qing, Song, etc like Gupta, Maurya, Hindustan(Mughal),etc.

and ethnic/religious groups that did not get along with each other.

Guess what those days are over, Maratha-Rajput, Tamil-Kerala, etc are a thing of the past.

What was the Japanese, Germany, Britians, etc history before they were rising powers or colonial powers?

They were very much divided. They came together just like Indians will come together. Like I said, If it was destined for India to crash and disintegrate it should have happened a long time ago..

I never said India would crash, I said that ares' comparison with the USSR was actually far more suitable for India. Considering that China has gone through thousands of years, and hundreds of economic crashes while maintaining unity.

And considering that the USSR had no majority ethnicity or culture to hold it together, just like India. Nor did it exist for thousands of years prior, just like India.

What do you mean "China". It was "China" to the Europeans, just like "India".

Others wise it was Yuan, Qing, Song, etc like Gupta, Maurya, Hindustan(Mughal),etc.

Incorrect. Regardless of the Dynasty, China was always China (中国)。 And has been this same united entity for thousands of years.

Same as how China is not the same as the PRC or the CPC, but has existed thousands of years before and will continue to exist long after those entities are gone.

And considering that Russia had no majority ethnicity or culture to hold it together, just like India. Nor did it exist for thousands of years prior, just like India.

Honestly, though India has many ethnic groups. The sense of being an "Indian" from North to South, West to East has been strong. If it wasn't the country wouldn't last 30 years.

中国

Totally know what that means.

Back
Top Bottom