What's new

India China Border Dispute

I think China's sentiments could be correct, but Indian sentiments are no way wrong. I would like any middle path to solve all dispute. Lay down claim of Aksai Chin and AP from both side and have peace as suggested earlier by sinoindusfp.

Is that why there is so many Armed People's Rebellion? Could India's lack of historical and ancestral claims be the source of the problem? Is that why so many "Indian" Mongoloids are extremely Anti-Hindu and Anti-Indian?

You once again show your ignorance. It seems to be a habit with you. There is no armed rebellion in Arunachal, nor is there any anti-India sentiment. There is however major anti-chinese feeling. Obviously the people of Arunachal do not appreciate the suppression of Buddhist culture in Tibet by the PRC.

Do you think if Tibet got their independent from China, Dalai will not claim South Tibet (AP) from India?

He would and he should..bec there is 25 % Tibetans in AP. I guess, India will oblige by giving the Tawang region of AP, obviously not entire Arunanchal.

I think China's sentiments could be correct, but Indian sentiments are no way wrong. I would like any middle path to solve all dispute. Lay down claim of Aksai Chin and AP from both side and have peace as suggested earlier by sinoindusfp.

1. Right India should lay down claim on Askai chin and China should leave talking about Arunanchal. I guess 1988 suggetion should have been accepted by India. But as you know india is a Democracy and no one in POwer will want to do that as they are scared of public outcry ..not that people care .but opposition do take advantage.

2. India should also start considering Tibet as part of China, unlike west.

3. Only question remains what to do with Dalai Lama and the Tibetian refugee in India ..i guess over 5 Million across Iindia.??

1. Right India should lay down claim on Askai chin and China should leave talking about Arunanchal. I guess 1988 suggetion should have been accepted by India. But as you know india is a Democracy and no one in POwer will want to do that as they are scared of public outcry ..not that people care .but opposition do take advantage.

2. India should also start considering Tibet as part of China, unlike west.

3. Only question remains what to do with Dalai Lama and the Tibetian refugee in India ..i guess over 5 Million across Iindia.??

No one can stop Tibet becoming part of China, and India allready recongnize it. There is nothing wrong in keeping Dalai Lama and Tibetian Refugee. They are not terrorist who will struggle against China.

The problem is that China did not sign the treaty! The British did not seek consent from China to conclude this treaty. Remember China lay claims to All Tibet. This is the root of the problem!

For instance, can we get any local in Mumbai and sign a treaty without your govenment knowledge? Common sense!

Let's not bickle on this as it will never end. We believe what is right for us!
Let us just not get overboard.

Same is our point of view as well. Also, it can be reasonably assumed that India was forced to sign the treaty( being under British rule). Still we are not demanding parts which are on your side. We are not even claiming parts that china forcibly took during '62 war. Considering the present scenario and better future prospects, both sides must respect the existing treaty, coz we are nowhere near reaching a new one mutually acceptable to both.

Same is our point of view as well. Also, it can be reasonably assumed that India was forced to sign the treaty( being under British rule). Still we are not demanding parts which are on your side. We are not even claiming parts that china forcibly took during '62 war. Considering the present scenario and better future prospects, both sides must respect the existing treaty, coz we are nowhere near reaching a new one mutually acceptable to both.
Which were those parts which China forcibly took from us in 1962??
AFAIK China withdrew to 20 Kms within Line of Actual control after declaring Unilateral cease fire.

Which treaty are we taking about here?? kindly elaborate.

IMO India should have accepted the proposal wherein China was giving up its claim on eastern front while India was supposed to give up on the western front. Those who disagree kindly put forth reasons.

PS: I would like to thank all the participating members for staying on topic and dispassionately conducting a discussion in a good spirit.

Last edited:
Why is China upset over Arunachal Pradesh? - 1 -  International News ? News ? MSN India
Why is China upset over Arunachal Pradesh?

The recent protest by China over Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh may have surprised many. But why is China protesting, one may ask. Well, the story, rather the animosity, dates back to the British rule in India and the days of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.

When the British were ruling India, they had demarcated the boundaries between India and China. This was called the McMohan Line. This Line runs to a large extent through Arunachal Pradesh's 1030-km unfenced boundary with China. Beijing never recognised the McMohan Line and has been consistently accusing India of taking away 90,000 sq km of its land. But China shows amnesia when it comes to the north where it occupies a chunk of territory in Kashmir that India regards as its own and it runs in to 43,180 sq km of Jammu and Kashmir.

In a statement, China said the two countries had never officially settled the demarcation of their border, and that its stance on the eastern section of the China-India border was consistent and clear-cut.
India has taken the stand that Arunachal is not a disputed territory and that it is very much part of the Indian Union of States.

Said Foreign Minister S M Krishna: "Regardless of what others say, it is the Government of India's stated position that Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of India. We rest at that."

China has suddenly raised the issue of Arunachal Pradesh for two reasons: It is upset at the large scale democratic participation of the people of the State in the recent elections which resulted in a whopping voting figure of 72 percent.

But the more irritant factor is the forthcoming visit of the Dalai Lama to Arunachal Pradesh. India has refused to intervene saying that the Dalai Lama is free to go anywhere in India and that includes Arunachal Pradesh. China, which could arm-twist President Barack Obama by forcing him to keep off the Lama's visit to Washington recently, finds New Delhi's snub too difficult to digest.

Moreover, the Lama is due to visit the Tawang monastery in Arunachal Pradesh. China desperately wants the monastery in its fold because it is in this sacred place for the Tibetians that the Lama will, in all likelihood, name his successor.

Beijing love to hate the Lama and ever since India's first prime minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru gave refuge to the Lama and recognised him as the head of the Tibetian government in exile, China has been mad with New Delhi. For the Reds, old scars never heal, they get sharper in pain over the years.

China is also upset and worried at the economic progress made by India and recent endorsement by former US president Bill Clinton has had Beijing worried.

Many see the latest protest by China publicly questioning the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Arunachal Pradesh as an "audacious and reckless move." This is one of the strongest statements to come out of Beijing in recent times though the protest did not refer to Singh by name.
China did protest against the Singh's visit to the state earlier this year but did so informally and in a more muted manner. Singh visited Arunachal on January 31 and February 1, a few days after returning from a trip to China.

In August 2009, China successfully blocked part of a loan worth $ 60 million to India from the Asian Development Bank earmarked for projects in Arunachal Pradesh. India said nothing to that.

Then, to irk India, the Chinese embassy in New Delhi started issuing visas on a separate sheet of passport to residents of Jammu and Kashmir.

Last year, China initially opposed at the Nuclear Suppliers' Group the waiver on trade with India but went along with the consensus at the end.

But India has now upped the ante by questioning how China can be involved in various projects in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (***) when it is a disputed territory.

Hitting back at China, India Wednesday took objection to its engagement in projects in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (***) and asked it to cease such activities taking ''long-term view'' of India-China relations.

"We have seen the reports quoting the president of China as stating that China will continue to engage in projects with Pakistan inside Azad Kashmir. The Chinese side is fully aware of India's position and our concerns about Chinese activities in Azad Kashmir," said a Foreign Ministry spokesperson.

India has taken a strong view of President Hu Jintao's remarks that China will continue to engage in projects with Pakistan inside Pakistan occupied Kashmir.

"Pakistan has been in illegal occupation of parts of the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir since 1947. The Chinese side is fully aware of India's position and our concerns about Chinese activities in Pakistan occupied Kashmir," the External Affairs Ministry spokesman said in a statement.

"We hope that the Chinese side will take a long term view of the India-China relations and cease such activities in areas illegally occupied by Pakistan," he said.

The Chinese President, during a meeting with Pakistan Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani Tuesday, outlined a major project to upgrade the Karakoram highway connecting the two countries overland and Chinese help in the Neelam-Jhelum hydroelectric project in ***.

I see some constructive comments by some Indians here. We do have big differences and it should be discussed nicely. History is past, we should look forward to the future. Bashing each other will bring us no where.

I do hope we can had a common understanding with the Indian and resolve the border dispute. It will be tough as both side will have their own interest.

Like China border dispute with Russia, we had given up claims on Siberia and Russia and ceded some territories to China

To China nationalist, why are we giving up Siberia and gain back small territory.To Russian nationalist, why are they giving up territories to China.

The border agreement will have dissatisfaction but we have to live with it so we can progress from it

I believe we can settle the border dispute with India in near future

Amid tensions, Wen set to meet Manmohan

BEIJING: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh are set to meet on October 23 against the backdrop of heightened tensions between India and China over the disputed border.

Mr. Wen and Dr. Singh are scheduled to attend the Association of South East Asian Nations Summit in Thailand on October 23, and Mr. Wen indicated on Wednesday that he looked forward to meeting Dr. Singh at the summit.

Mr. Wen met with Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Murli Deora here on Wednesday. Mr. Deora is representing India at the meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation here. Mr. Wen asked Mr. Deora if Dr. Singh will attend the Thailand summit, and when Mr. Deora replied in the affirmative, he indicated his desire to meet with the Prime Minister.

The meeting will give India and China the chance to address the recent strains in their relationship.

I see some constructive comments by some Indians here. We do have big differences and it should be discussed nicely. History is past, we should look forward to the future. Bashing each other will bring us no where.

I do hope we can had a common understanding with the Indian and resolve the border dispute. It will be tough as both side will have their own interest.

Like China border dispute with Russia, we had given up claims on Siberia and Russia and ceded some territories to China

To China nationalist, why are we giving up Siberia and gain back small territory.To Russian nationalist, why are they giving up territories to China.

The border agreement will have dissatisfaction but we have to live with it so we can progress from it

I believe we can settle the border dispute with India in near future

:victory: That is good comment. Almost all the borders issues that India and China are mostly about mountains. I personally dont care whether we gain two uninhabitable mountains or lose two!

You must be dreaming. If Tibet is independent, it will ask for the return of South Tibet.

Same as India gained independent, she will ask the return of the lost territories traditionally belongs to her.

China is in British position as Tibet is in Indian position. British granted India her independence but not China to Tibet.

What is the "rubbish" Sima treaty when China and "now" British says it is a illigal treaty with no involvement from China.

I understand that now South Tibet is under India control. Internationally, this land is still classified as "dispute" area. That is why China can make ADB stop granting loan to ST even it is now under India control.

As mentioned, China will not fight with China on ST but will voice out their points at international arena.

India will have to live with it.

well.........lets see......
why dont you advice your govt to give freedon to tibet then we can see if tibet is staking claim to ap:D

above all india is expecting a offensive of a division size airborne assault on siligury corridor to separate north east india from main land.

it may take place within 2014.

:china:

above all india is expecting a offensive of a division size airborne assault on siligury corridor to separate north east india from main land.

it may take place within 2014.

:china:

Are you a mole in the Army HQ of India that you know what the Indian Army is expecting or are you giving way to fantasies that excite you into a masochist frenzy.

It is obvious that you are clueless about military operational art.

Are you aware of the principles that prompts an airborne assault of any dimension?

Get to understand that and then dream your fantasies.

McMohan line is not an international dispute.

It is a dispute in the Chinese mind and that is all!

Back
Top Bottom