What's new

India cannot afford to lose China’s support: Chinese daily

India cannot afford to lose China’s support by joining the US in patrolling the disputed South China Sea as it needs Chinese help for economic growth and for success of BRICS, a state-run daily said today.
Not really.

Chinese investment in India is pitiable compared to how much other countries are investing in India.

Understandable. Way too much geopolitical risk.
Indeed.
But it also means that India can potentially act against Chinese interests without worrying much of cessation of investment in India(the most powerful deterrent).

Investment buys influence and goodwill.

Indeed.
But it also means that India can potentially act against Chinese interests without worrying much of cessation of investment in India(the most powerful deterrent).

Investment buys influence and goodwill.
Call me naive, I didn't know goodwill could be bought.

Call me naive, I didn't know goodwill could be bought.
It can - though only if you consider the context.

If money is given to political leaders - then its influence that is being bought, not goodwill of the masses. and it changes as leaders change, ergo its temporary.

OTOH, investment in a country means a sizeable number of people know the source of their jobs or convenience is xyz country. That builds massive goodwill and is much much more long lasting. For example, Delhi Metro is financed by Japan and during the initial stages, a lot of technical help was also given by the Japanese. Virtually everyone in Delhi knows this, which is why Japan is pretty highly regarded.

I hope you get the general idea.

It can - though only if you consider the context.

If money is given to political leaders - then its influence that is being bought, not goodwill of the masses. and it changes as leaders change, ergo its temporary.

OTOH, investment in a country means a sizeable number of people know the source of their jobs or convenience is xyz country. That builds massive goodwill and is much much more long lasting. For example, Delhi Metro is financed by Japan and during the initial stages, a lot of technical help was also given by the Japanese. Virtually everyone in Delhi knows this, which is why Japan is pretty highly regarded.

I hope you get the general idea.
I know that context. China did something similar in Africa and Europe. A lesson from it is that such a goodwill is very fragile.

What is this "Chinese Daily" thing again and again? Absolutely NO such media in China, state-run or whatever.

There is only "China Daily", in which NO such article was found.
Search results: Google

@waz @Oscar : Please screen threads related to this disinformation of "state-run media Chinese Daily" and delete.

What is this "Chinese Daily" thing again and again? Absolutely NO such media in China, state-run or whatever.

There is only "China Daily", in which NO such article was found. Google

@waz @Oscar : Please screen threads related to this disinformation of "state-run media Chinese Daily" and delete.
Some Indian fellow has also called it out as a fake news. Not sure if mod will take action.

Well I guess India is not a pawn to play with,why should we put our bloody nose in someone fight...Yes we do provide military assistance else to SCS nations but then again Isn'r chinese do the same to our neighborhood in a big way.But lastly both nations are old and wise .

To all Indians ,please stop abusing chinese in general ,personally they are very curious about India and friendly too.

Chinese warnings be like:

for(i=1;i<infinity;i++)
{
Warning 1

Warning 2

Warning 3

Penultimate Warning

Last Warning

Final Warning

}

P.S. Pardon my syntax error. :P

China should step up its investments in India if it wants some kind of leverage over us

China should step up its investments in India if it wants some kind of leverage over us
China is not rich enough to have such investments that could generate any leverage over India. Think about it. China has had no money to have any aircraft carrier until very recently while India has operated aircraft carriers long ago. Even when China is building an aircraft carrier, China is very much content with copied design while India is pursuing its own leap-forward with EMAL and nuclear propulsion. To have any leverage over India, such an investment has to be huge.

Well, the Chinese strategy is to fight us to the last Pakistani

So why dont mighty supa pawa have deal with Pakistan, and fail Chinese policy :D btw we will fight till last Indian not Pakistani.. China is nobody in Pakistan india conflict, we are fighting for Kashmir even before Chinese independence.

I know that context. China did something similar in Africa and Europe. A lesson from it is that such a goodwill is very fragile.
Indeed. But there are counter examples of successful goodwill missions from other countries. Something to be learned for China.
China is not rich enough to have such investments that could generate any leverage over India. Think about it. China has had no money to have any aircraft carrier until very recently while India has operated aircraft carriers long ago. Even when China is building an aircraft carrier, China is very much content with copied design while India is pursuing its own leap-forward with EMAL and nuclear propulsion. To have any leverage over India, such an investment has to be huge.
Well, India is certainly a much poorer economy than China. India's economy is roughly around $2 trillion.
If Japan can fund investment to such extent that they earn massive goodwill, China can as well.

That said, the amount needed for such would indeed be larger than what China is generally used to investing in other countries (since the scale is larger being just one country) to achieve the same leverage with the people. Its a political and economic call for China's Government and Businesses to make. Ultimately, it must make sense for them for such a thing to happen. We all do things in our national interest.

To all Indians ,please stop abusing chinese in general ,personally they are very curious about India and friendly too.
Any Indian who goes down to abusing anyone else is dim witted. There's no point in arguing for 'winning' on an online forum. You can only learn each other's viewpoints, any 'victories' are hollow and meaningless.

where do we get support from China...even if we demand a ban on terrorist group living and operating from Pakistan, China mis-uses its veto at UN! So I dont care what China thinks about it...

As long as China plays its card in Indian backyard i.e. Kashmir occupied by Pak, SriLanka and Nepal, we should keep all our options open.. Lets see what happens! ..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom