What's new

India cancels hockey series with pakistan

When indians get angry they cancel sports or deny visa to players!

Besides the attack on CRPF , it has also I feel to do with the silly resolution passed by the Pak parliament over Afzal Guru's hanging - something it has no Locus standi over.

To that end I think GOI has done well. Only they must stick to it.

Yup...that was a baseless and childish resolution, but then again every government passes resolutions condemning things it has no jurisdiction over.

This should be a wake up call for our top politicos to stop licking India's balls, just as we are licking Talibans balls right now (at least through political setup).

Nothin new frm India..
Cancelling sports events nt gonna solve nything!
:hitwall:

Also,if India reallly wants to oppose stronggggly..den all trade links shud be cut wid pakistan!
Bt dat isnt gonna solve nythin again...

facepalm @ GOI. can't target terrorists, why not target sportsmen :tdown:
sorry PK, I wish we had a better govt..

Thank you. Thats the point. If Indians want to satisfy their ego then cut off trade ties NOT sports.

and the current govt is doing it under pressure from BJP and its hardliner Hindu groups.

so what other govt would have NOT harmed peacful sportspersons?

Thank you. Thats the point. If Indians want to satisfy their ego then cut off trade ties NOT sports.

and the current govt is doing it under pressure from BJP and its hardliner Hindu groups.

so what other govt would have NOT harmed peacful sportspersons?

Not ony Hindu groups....All HIndu, muslim and sikh....

The one-sided nature of the proceedings is baffling. As it stands, India has turned back Pakistani musicians, writers and sportsmen amongst numerous other visa rejections. There was even talk of boycotting their Prime Minister. Not only has Pakistan failed to reciprocate in kind, there hasn't been a response of any kind. I wonder what's cooking at the other end?

The one-sided nature of the proceedings is baffling. As it stands, India has turned back Pakistani musicians, writers and sportsmen amongst numerous other visa rejections. There was even talk of boycotting their Prime Minister. Not only has Pakistan failed to reciprocate in kind, there hasn't been a response of any kind. I wonder what's cooking at the other end?

It's more like India not giving an opportunity for Pakistan to reciprocate. There isn't much to boycott from India :lol:

It's more like India not giving an opportunity for Pakistan to reciprocate. There isn't much to boycott from India :lol:

That's the beauty of the scheme. A reciprocation in letter but not in spirit and one that keeps their dignity intact could've been arranged for. Whether it did have any real impact is a different question altogether.

Perhaps the whopping increase in Pakistani exports to India is a factor. Pakistan wouldn't be too keen in disturbing the economic interests in keeping the peace with India as opposed to the opportunity cost incurred by retaliation.

To the Indian hotheads here, you do realize, moving into war can unify pakistan and end their turf-wars ?

Back
Top Bottom