What's new

India can’t meditate when others are making nuclear weapons: Kalam

Mr Kalam is absolutely right in advocating for India's defence and he's fully aware of India's no first use policy and the nuclear walmart run by our neighbors.

Only you are blinded by your hatred of Kalam for obvious reasons!

No, he is advocating anything, but saying India is trying to, but can't 'meditate' when others are making nuclear weapons, implying India isn't looking to expand its nuclear stockpile. Which is where the hypocrisy comes, as India just expanded its nuclear stockpile by 30 nuclear warheads in the past year, Pakistan expanded it by 20 nuclear warheads.

India, Pak added 20-30 nuclear warheads in past one year: Report - Times Of India

India also started the nuclear program first, as well as conducting the first nuclear tests. I am only replying to hypocritical jingoism with facts, not brainwashed stories on India 'meditating'.

No, but it's Times of India isn't it? Otherwise known as (TOI)let news... Or is it only dismissed when the news isn't to your taste?

Anyway, for arguments sake, let's just say that India is increasing her stockpile (and for all I know this could be true). Thing is, how can you know who's making more nukes or who's producing them faster etc etc. These things are normally kept secret aren't they. Neither you nor I have any access to that sort of information so why try to play the victim?

No, but it's Times of India isn't it? Otherwise known as (TOI)let news... Or is it only dismissed when the news isn't to your taste?

Anyway, for arguments sake, let's just say that India is increasing her stockpile (and for all I know this could be true). Thing is, how can you know who's making more nukes or who's producing them faster etc etc. These things are normally kept secret aren't they. Neither you nor I have any access to that sort of information so why try to play the victim?

Look at the source of the article. The TOI is merely quoting Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), a global think tank.

He said the right thing. Also the word of being a super power you are forgetting his book "ignited minds" where he says india becoming a knowledge superpower by 2020 is very much possible provided the govt. leaves no stone unturned in pushing forward the education sector especially areas of research.

@ Mr. Asim Dr. Kalam does not represent UN or any international justice group. He is talking about india and we have a very serious threat from pakistan. As far as I understand india's nuke capability lies on the principle that the attacking country must be neutralized and paralyzed to such an extent that it takes more than 10 decades to gain some sort of stability.

Look at the source of the article. The TOI is merely quoting Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), a global think tank.

This is the quote:

In 2010, the Indian nuclear arsenal had 60-80 nukes but they have increased to 80-110 warheads. On the same pattern, the Pakistani side also increased its warheads from 70-90 to 90-110 warheads in the same period, SIPRI said in a release.

So according to this article, both countries seem to be increasing their stockpiles in tandem so neither can part blame on the other.

This is the quote:

So according to this article, both countries seem to be increasing their stockpiles in tandem so neither can part blame on the other.

So Mr Kalam shouldn't be making statements about India 'meditating', or its will to 'meditate'.

So Mr Kalam shouldn't be making statements about India 'meditating', or it's will to 'meditate'.

Well, I'm sure India would like to "meditate" (as would Pakistan) but the fact is the current geo-political situation doesn't allow for that. This is just status quo isn't it? (not having to produce nukes)

I think you're looking for implications that aren't necessarily there.

People like Mr Kalam are hypocrites when they imply India 'wants to meditate', whereas Pakistan wants to build nuclear weapons, considering the fact that was India that started the nuclear program first, & it was India that detonated its nuclear weapons for testing first; & now it is India that is increasing its nuclear stockpile rapidly. Jingoism at its very best.

The whole world knows Pakistan has more nukes than India so let's not go there. :) [Them being low yield bombs is a different thing :) ]

Mr.Kalam is hypocrite? looool

This guy is such a gentleman actually I'm surprised that he even said that. He is the most honest, simple and noble person to sit in the President's office.

Compare it to your A.Q.Khan and you'll know. :)

The whole world knows Pakistan has more nukes than India so let's not go there. :) [Them being low yield bombs is a different thing :) ]

Mr.Kalam is hypocrite? looool

This guy is such a gentleman actually I'm surprised that he even said that. He is the most honest, simple and noble person to sit in the President's office.

Compare it to your A.Q.Khan and you'll know. :)

Please don't compare because A.Q.Khan doesn't come near to Mr.Kalam. We don't need to say anything to people like bilalhaider world's knows and Mr.Kalam earn his respect in all over the world, so......

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom