What's new

India can outgrow China: Bill Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton said India has the potential to outgrow China, as long as it makes peace with its neighbor Pakistan.
i definitely love this suggestion, but how could india makes peace with pakistan without a good india-china relationship.

not the standoffs along the 1971 line or the fights over Kashmir or what ever.
who is messing up Kashmir right now, india or pakistan? no way, they both wanted peace there, Kashmir will be at peace only after the back off of US instigation.

nomatter what Clinton said, all was said or done for the sake of US only. just like the G2,4,7,8,12,20, nomatter G What, US will be the big boss there. however, many countries was fed up with that, EU has set up a good example for us and was followed by Asian Union(10+3). and now the "3"(Jap,Chn,Kor) is planing to set up their East Asian Union too.

so if you ask me about: will india outgrow china? i don't know! but i do konw pakistan, india and china will develop faster if they work together; otherwise US will remain as the only super power for longer time.

you see my pakistan friend
most of the indians still trust the superpower usa will give them what ever they need to build up their muscle
i think becourse indian never had any hard time with the western country or even russia
but what we believe friendship only build on your strangth
you can not trust those superpowers unless you are one of them
this is due to the painful history that we had in past 150 years

play with wolfs, :what:

you guys back up pakstain while US and russia will support us, we will win, play with money:chilli:

see what i mean that's the main difference between chinese and indian

you see my pakistan friend
most of the indians still trust the superpower usa will give them what ever they need to build up their muscle
i think becourse indian never had any hard time with the western country or even russia
but what we believe friendship only build on your strangth
you can not trust those superpowers unless you are one of them
this is due to the painful history that we had in past 150 years

Well, that may be the case with a few Indians, but India trusts Russia more than USA.

India wants UNSC seat with US help.
So it will play along with US for now.
But make no mistake India
ab07c5c5532c0c821a541a53f0fb28d7.gif
is interested in its own sphere of Influence and not becoming part of USA.:usflag:

I still wait for the day India and China can resolve the territorial dispute and move forward with trade and friendship.
ab07c5c5532c0c821a541a53f0fb28d7.gif
:china:

see what i mean that's the main difference between chinese and indian

too many people are giving up on Chinese Friendship. Which in the long run is more beneficial to India.

I have no interest In letting India be a foreign puppet.
And will not vote or support any Political party that allows India to be used that way.

india has a heck of alot to thank to the clintons.

india has since the collapse of communism gained some rich and powerful friends, alot depends on the relationship it maintains with these friends.

remember what was india's economic growth in the years preceding bill clintons presidency?

india can catch up with china, however clinton makes a good point, as long as china and pakistan are not on friendly terms then india will always be pegged back a bit in reaching its true potential, india needs to define its goals, if its regional hegemony then yes there will always be a big big issue with pakistan, in that sense pakistan represents an existential threat to india and a strong pakistan represents a bigger threat, forget the talk about keeping pakistan strong to stop terrorism, thats bull, terrorism will be nothing more than a papercut if pakistan is able to become economically, militarily and poitially stronger, thus indians really need to think carefully about what type of india they want in 50 years time.

I am just waiting for the Indians to start bashing Pakistan, like in every other India/China thread when the Indian balloon eventually bursts. :pop:

Did the dude also mention we can stop you? :agree:
If indeed a miracle happens and you can outgrow China, that's because you are allowed. Or maybe not. :smokin:

Who would benifit the most from the Indian - Chinese Animosity . Certinly not China or Pakistan and Even India .

I am just waiting for the Indians to start bashing Pakistan, like in every other India/China thread when the Indian balloon eventually bursts. :pop:

ha ha :cheers: nice one hope there will be no Pakistani bashing here. things need to change man :pdf: lets make this a model thread.

i request my felow indian and chinese PDF members not to view this topic in the context of " which country is more reaginally influential " but from a strategik angle in the light of Globalization .

Also If India and China adopt a path of Animosity then which party will bennifit from it and whome would suffer or If the both Asian giants resolve their disputes and issues peacefully through Diplomacy then who would be the real beneficiaries ?

I feel Its a strategik Debate and a vital one for the Entire South Asian Reagion.

i request my felow indian and chinese PDF members not to view this topic in the context of " which country is more reaginally influential " but from a strategik angle in the light of Globalization .

Also If India and China adopt a path of Animosity then which party will bennifit from it and whome would suffer or If the both Asian giants resolve their disputes and issues peacefully through Diplomacy then who would be the real beneficiaries ?

I feel Its a strategik Debate and a vital one for the Entire South Asian Reagion.

India China anomosity doesn't stand. It won't happen. India doesn't have even what it takes to hate China. Remember, what they like to do is always white wash the conflict and talk about we two are ancient cultures, or even "naughty Chinese" to feel good. The issue is the border issue (and their Pakistan animosity which always irks China). China made concessions on Sikkim and they refuse to make any gestures on anything. What they are doing currently is to profit from the current international environment.

China will not settle border with India unless India settles with Pak. If for any chance all dust settles, Pak will be the regional center (counting India out, which India will be continue the old India to be all what they can be). China certainly like to see Pak is the regional center, that would require Pak is very successfully and prosperous and if I may moderate. If Pak can somehow manage to suck gulf wealth into it (investment), and US would positively participate in this process, and Pak will always has the back of China, hopefully Pak can develop very fast. If Pak out-develop Indians, it will also ease tension between India/Pakistan, China would find herself more relieved to engage the Indians.

So think, I do. :agree:

India China anomosity doesn't stand. It won't happen. India doesn't have even what it takes to hate China. Remember, what they like to do is always white wash the conflict and talk about we two are ancient cultures, or even "naughty Chinese" to feel good. The issue is the border issue (and their Pakistan animosity which always irks China). China made concessions on Sikkim and they refuse to make any gestures on anything. What they are doing currently is to profit from the current international environment.

China will not settle border with India unless India settles with Pak. If for any chance all dust settles, Pak will be the regional center (counting India out, which India will be continue the old India to be all what they can be). China certainly like to see Pak is the regional center, that would require Pak is very successfully and prosperous and if I may moderate. If Pak can somehow manage to suck gulf wealth into it (investment), and US would positively participate in this process, and Pak will always has the back of China, hopefully Pak can develop very fast. If Pak out-develop Indians, it will also ease tension between India/Pakistan, China would find herself more relieved to engage the Indians.

So think, I do. :agree:

but this would be bad for india and they would never agree or allow this to happen, Pak, with us and china on its side and sucking down chinese and middle eastern wealth, and is developed ??? thats like their worst nightmare

but this would be bad for india and they would never agree or allow this to happen, Pak, with us and china on its side and sucking down chinese and middle eastern wealth, and is developed ??? thats like their worst nightmare

It's not sucking down. It's called investment. Pak people got more job opportunities, Pak government can tax for more money, and Investors got returns. Capitalism 101. Do you know majority of Chinese named beer brand is foreign owned in China?

Capital always has to find a way to get a return. Gulf money has to be invested somewhere. Why not Pak? US attitude toward Pak is critical since money always love safe investment environment.

Whether good or bad for India is nobody's concern. India will do what they do for their own best interests. It's not Indian job to dictate third parties where they want to throw their money to.

I read in some other thread that Pak starts to ask questions to themselves where should Pak go from here, I personally believe it's a good start. China went through some serious debate in the late 70's, and decided "the best cat is the one who can catch the mouse." Thus shifted its focus from ideology to economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom