What's new

India buy 920 AL-31FP jet engines for its Su30MKI

Well, but what if India decided to buy F35 Lightning II...

Thank God India didn't. At the moment its all theoretical calculations only but going by what reports on internet claim, Su T-50 is significantly ahead of F-35.

Why india need these engine's are they buying this for current inventory or they goona make more MKI's under license??:what::undecided:

India is gonna induct a total Of 272 SU30 MKIs(Twin Engine 272 x 2 rem)

These r just for mid life overhaul n maintenance i guess...:)

T50 intended to match F22:)
It is the same like Su27 vs F15.

Yes the capabilities are likely to be matched.
I'm no expert on the matter, but based on what i've heard, US is capping F 22A production to under 200 pieces and concentrating its energies on F-35. T-50 and its derivatives may be sold to interested nations, but it is chinese J-20 or its export model that is likely to see any combat between US's gen V Fighters. I don't foresee any contest between T-50 or its variant and F-22 or F-35 (Red flag exercise maybe).

Yes the capabilities are likely to be matched.
I'm no expert on the matter, but based on what i've heard, US is capping F 22A production to under 200 pieces and concentrating its energies on F-35. T-50 and its derivatives may be sold to interested nations, but it is chinese J-20 or its export model that is likely to see any combat between US's gen V Fighters. I don't foresee any contest between T-50 or its variant and F-22 or F-35 (Red flag exercise maybe).

I meant that Russians designed Su27 as fighter to match F15, after F15 entered the service or something.
Russians had the most of F15 actual data so they designed Su27 more mighty.
The same is with T50 and F22.
I think F35 is manque plane. And US will go on producing advanced modifications of good old F16/15.

How many mki's does india want?? it has already 300 and ordered 126 Rafales? what he is preparing for? :undecided:

I think it is more like stocking for the future..we faced severe crisis of spare parts of several fighter jets in the past.

Is there any chance that the 1st prototype of AMCA will come up with this engine

Why india need these engine's are they buying this for current inventory or they goona make more MKI's under license??:what::undecided:

Enough to equip all currently made MKIs, all MKIs to be made in the future and have enough left that we won't need to buy more in the middle of a war.

Service life for Su35MKI is 6000 hours and 25 years

Does that mean a su 30 mki would need engine replacement 4 times in its lifetime? (6000/1500 hrs). That means total of 6+2 (original) engines per aircraft. So 920 engines will be able to service onle 153 aircrafts (920/6)??

Service life for Su35MKI is 6000 hours and 25 years

Does that mean a su 30 mki would need engine replacement 4 times in its lifetime? (6000/1500 hrs). That means total of 6+2 (original) engines per aircraft. So 920 engines will be able to service onle 153 aircrafts (920/6)??

You will be able to replace this engine with the newer more advanced in future.

I think we need to upgrade MKI fleet..... atleast Radar, EW suite etc.... Like SU-35....I doubt that level... atleast closer....

Back
Top Bottom