What's new

India buy 920 AL-31FP jet engines for its Su30MKI

In fact, thank you, India!
If there weren't Indian orders for Sukhoi fighters, possibly Irkut factory and Sukhoi itself wouldn't survived.
And now Sukhoi and its Indian counterparts together work on 5 th generation fighter.

Well, if you have the biggest fleet of Su30MKI fighters in the world, you must have some spare parts too:)

are you referring to early 1990s?

On Topic> do these engines have any improvement?

BTW any news on 15,000 kg thrust version of AL 31FP?

Russian Products are always good ….But the issue is delay …. Delay and delay.

Well, but what if India decided to buy F35 Lightning II... Or Airbus A400 transport plane:))
Then India would learn what delays are:)

Well, but what if India decided to buy F35 Lightning II... Or Airbus A400 transport plane:))

Indian frontline fighter will never be American one… We cannot do mistake what Pakistan did…. The daemon called DELAY must and should be addressed.

Indian frontline fighter will never be American one… We cannot do mistake what Pakistan did…. The daemon called DELAY must and should be addressed.

Agree. Russia is on the reindustrialisation wave now. We produce while we re-equip our factories:) I hope India will be patient, for a while.

Ur taking about delays in underdevelopment western products n we r talking about delays in already developed Russian produts.

Indians trust Russians the most but these continuous delays n mid-term cost escalations aren't leaving a good impact mate.

Hopefully future JVs with Russia will be more on the lines of Brahmos rather than Viki...:)

Any purchase from Russians means automatic commission for Sonia clan aka kickback queen.

I don't mind her getting kickbacks as long as it's on the amazing weapons we buy like Su 30MKI. :D

I hate it when she gets kickbacks on T-90 when we have a better option available. :undecided:

F-35 is out of the question, because they won't give ToT.

920 engines for what?

What is the service life of MKIs?

Ur taking about delays in underdevelopment western products n we r talking about delays in already developed Russian produts.

Indians trust Russians the most but these continuous delays n mid-term cost escalations aren't leaving a good impact mate.

Hopefully future JVs with Russia will be more on the lines of Brahmos rather than Viki...:)

Agree. But as I told you, factories are being re-equipped or even green field built in Russia.
I hope India will be patient:)

are you referring to early 1990s?

Yes.

On Topic> do these engines have any improvement?

Don't think so.

BTW any news on 15,000 kg thrust version of AL 31FP?

12500 kg as shown on producer's site.

AL 31FM1 shows 13.500 kg
AL 31FM2 will be presented this year, having 14.500 kg.
AL 41F1, medium engine, intended for T50, has 15.000 kg, but with different size.

Agree. Russia is on the reindustrialisation wave now. We produce while we re-equip our factories:) I hope India will be patient, for a while.

Patience is in our blood. Our domestic Industries are light years ahead of you when it comes to delays. ;) .

Why india need these engine's are they buying this for current inventory or they goona make more MKI's under license??:what::undecided:

Why india need these engine's are they buying this for current inventory or they goona make more MKI's under license??:what::undecided:

920 engines. That means power-plants for 460 aircraft. Looks like more MKIs or its variants will be made.

How many mki's does india want?? it has already 300 and ordered 126 Rafales? what he is preparing for? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom