What's new

India Britain Hawk advanced jets deal called off: Report

MZ-PDF

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI - A defence deal expected to cost over Rs 2,000 crore to buy 20 Hawk Advanced Jet Trainer planes is likely to be called off by the Air Force as the negotiations for it have been stuck for almost three years now over steep price hike by the vendors, India today has reported.

The Air Force is also not interested in the upgrade of its fleet of over 120 Hawk planes that were inducted into service after a deal with Britain in 2004. The HAL is offering to upgrade the Hawk fleet of the Air Force to Hawk India jets by adding combat capabilities, government sources told Mail Today.

"The benchmark price of each aircraft was around Rs 90 crore but the initial price offered by the vendors including the public sector Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was more than double," the sources said.

"In the contract negotiations, the vendors have cut down the price but even now, the price offered is more than 60 per cent of what the defence ministry is willing to pay for the planes," they said.

Another reason over which the deal may be called off is that due to government's directive for utilising the funds optimally, the priority of the ministry is to buy more of war fighting equipment rather than go in for systems that do not fit that bill, the sources said.

Source: TOI

IMG_3298.JPG

Why trolling ? If you cant contribute

On topic what option india have now?

Keeping the troll posts aside, I really think India should have made their own trainer aircraft instead of buying foreign planes.

India being a bulk buyer of military equipment should always go the indigenous way.

It’s a failure of Indian defence equipment manufacturers and GOI for not being able to develop the same.

Then why did we develop Hawk-i and Advanced Hawk.

What a shame. Now let's pray for exports.

Keeping the troll posts aside, I really think India should have made their own trainer aircraft instead of buying foreign planes.

India being a bulk buyer of military equipment should always go the indigenous way.

It’s a failure of Indian defence equipment manufacturers and GOI for not being able to develop the same.
Hawk is an excellent aircraft. The right path would be to indegenise the design. And that's quite exactly what we're doing.

But now a spanner has been thrown.

Nice, if we do it its trolling and when Indians do it, its desh bagti wah re wah.
my post was on topic keeping in mind Indian Govt and elite claims.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...anes-flew-to-planets/articleshow/45754349.cms

this is just one claim and you know there are lots, I do not want to keep posting links.
Hawk was the key word, so found something similar....

if ajit doval can claim hanuman invisible army carry out missions, then do not see how animals or mythical objects are are not relative or believable for my respected Indian brothers.

Again less kick backs no deal and same will happen to upcoming mmultirole jet deal

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom