What's new

India bringing Maldives into its security net

one 50years old AC is able to guards indian ocean and most of import and exports? our 50% oil have to go through indian ocean ,but just one daqing oilfield can take care of military needs if someone try to cut our energy resourses in middle east,CN come to indian ocean because we are able to protect our international interest like the export you mentioned,indian ocean is the high seas, not someone's swimming pool

Thatz the exact thing US said as a response to USNS Impeccable incident that happened at south china sea!. How do u going to explain that??

Thatz the exact thing US said as a response to USNS Impeccable incident that happened at south china sea!. How do u going to explain that??

Let me begin with 3 main differences:

(1) US was spying -- now what if China had A/C, subs, corvettes, frigates PARKED (not transiting, but parked) right next to India???

(2) Commercial ships are passing India, not "hanging out" there.

(3) US was within China's territorial waters, whereas these commercial ships are OUTSIDE of India's territorial waters.

:lazy:

(1) US was spying -- now what if China had A/C, subs, corvettes, frigates PARKED (not transiting, but parked) right next to India???

(3) US was within China's territorial waters, whereas these commercial ships are OUTSIDE of India's territorial waters.

:lazy:

Impeccable was on international waters buddy. Now the context i was talking was based on aimarraul's arguement that....
aimarraul said:
indian ocean is the high seas, not someone's swimming pool
Now by the same token, let me tell that South China sea is not someone's swimming pool and there was no need for a showdown with US,wether it was spying or not, as long as its on international waters.

Sri Lanka National Security Council took this issue very seriously.

Sri Lanka Air force already moved its Mi-35 Attack helicopters to Air bases which face Maldives. If India’s helicopters entered Sri Lankan Air space from Maldives they will be intercepted by Sri Lanka Air force.

China already delivered JY-11 3D Radars to Sri Lanka so Sri Lanka can detect any Air movements easily, JY-11 3D Radars fully operational in all Air bases in Sri Lanka.

I should say every year 600 Sri Lankan military troops trained in China.
(200 Air force + 200 Navy + 200 Army = 600)

Sri Lankan military troops also trained in USA, Pakistan & Russia.

If Maldives will allow any Anti-Sri Lanka activities in Maldives then Maldives will pay a heavy price for that.

Sri Lanka already launched its Military Modernization & Expansion program between 2010 – 2020.

Impeccable was on international waters buddy. Now the context i was talking was based on aimarraul's arguement that....
Now by the same token, let me tell that South China sea is not someone's swimming pool and there was no need for a showdown with US,wether it was spying or not, as long as its on international waters.

whether or not its in international water IS disputed

if i remember correctly it was in china EEZ and most powers sign the treaty where u cant spy in each others EEZ but usa is not in that treaty(considering usa has the largest navy in the world to protect its shores )

well it is clear world will be divided

americas, europe, australia, japan, south korea, india, israel

v/s

russia, china, north korea, islamic states

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

the party has begun guys !! :)

Russia is in the wrong group my friend.

Or do you know something we do not?

Cheers, Doc

v/s

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

the party has begun guys !! :)

WRONG. It's

White Supremacists

VS

EVERYONE ELSE!

:agree: And it's not really "Americas" as Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribeans are against the "Gringos" (hope you know what that means ;)). Also, 1/3 of USA is non-white. In addition, not all whites are white supremacists. :) Furthermore, Eastern Europe are mostly not white supremacists. Africans and blacks are against them. Most Indians (Dalits, minorities, muslims, non-brahmins) are against them. Natives are against them. South Asians are against them. Muslims are against them. SE Asians are against them. East Asians (Koreans & Japanese & Chinese) are against them. Russians are against them.

Basically ~300 million versus 6+ BILLION. Have a good night sleep! :)

Even within the White Supremacists there's great divide. In fact, the best way to defeat these White Supremacists is to ISOLATE them -- that way they will turn on each other.

Last edited:

As far as SOUTH CHINA SEA the US has bases in JAPAN and SOUTH KOREA,spooking is a part of a game and US was within its rights to do so.If chinese can spy on the US so can the US on Chinese.

Well i hope you know about DIEGO GARCIA,the US has ships and aircrafts there and it is in the INDIAN OCEAN so i think thatll help your GK.:usflag:

Last edited:

Sri Lanka Air force already moved its Mi-35 Attack helicopters to Air bases which face Maldives. If India’s helicopters entered Sri Lankan Air space from Maldives they will be intercepted by Sri Lanka Air force.

If anybody enter SL airspace without permission u should warn or intercept it and that is what ur airforce is for.

Sri Lankan said:
China already delivered JY-11 3D Radars to Sri Lanka so Sri Lanka can detect any Air movements easily, JY-11 3D Radars fully operational in all Air bases in Sri Lanka.

So???:rolleyes:

Sri Lankan said:
If Maldives will allow any Anti-Sri Lanka activities in Maldives then Maldives will pay a heavy price for that.

Sri Lanka already launched its Military Modernization & Expansion program between 2010 – 2020.

calm down dude. Maldives is a tiny little nation that surivives on tourism and fishing, what threat u r expecing from them??? invading Sri Lanka??.....oh com on!. u do realize that in 1988 PLOTE came to overthrew Maldivian government came from Sri Lanka right??:rolleyes:

Last edited:
whether or not its in international water IS disputed

Its not disputed. The ship was in international waters according to international norms. However, China lays claim to the south china seas (and Paracel islands - which in fact do belong to Vietnam if we consider how EEZ's are demarcated) and those waters are disputed between China and Vietnam! Btw the area is rich in oil and gas reserves!

if i remember correctly it was in china EEZ and most powers sign the treaty where u cant spy in each others EEZ but usa is not in that treaty(considering usa has the largest navy in the world to protect its shores )

What are you talking about? USS Impeccable is an unarmed ocean surveillance USN ship! And the Chinese harassed this ship in international waters! Wonder if they could do that to an armed USN boat, even if it was technically in China's EEZ?

v/s

If NK ceases to be an issue, SK and Japan will jump to China side.

Australia is also moving away from US. Public opinion polls already favor neutrality in any US-China conflict.

Why do Hindus tend to lie constantly?
I can post a lot of stuff about how people following other religions lie too! Its been proved beyond doubt that intellectually challenged people make absurd comments!

I noticed this is not isolated incident, but they make up fake stories to defame others.

Thats a very nice claim that you make there buddy. Can you post those stories?

Sorry but it was USA that was opposed to nuke deal (only later to "sign" a 1-2-3.... by the way, after over a decade of "negotiations" have any foundation on any plants started?
Nice ramblings again mate. We would like to see some sources which say that US opposed the Indo-US nuke deal.

I did not know that Sri Lanka considered India and Maldives a security threat. I though they had cordial relations. We have always had a common enemy the LTTE
-Remember Maldives was once attacked by the LTTE.
-and the congress government under Rajiv Ghandi sent peace keeping troops to Sri Lanka to try and defeat the LTTE. It was only when the governemtn was voted out of power did the next government remove indian troops combat.
-During the next elections when Rajiv Ghandi was going to be re-elected, he promised to send troops back to Sri Lanka and as a result was assinated:sniper: by the LTTE suicide bomber:flame:(Sucide bombings only recently being invented by the LTTE) during a campaign rally.

I though Sri lanka had some mis-trust of India but did not know it considered it an enemy:what:. Can you clarify why this is the case?

Back
Top Bottom