What's new

India-born dominate in science, engineering degrees

China just overtook India as the No.1 country sending students to US this year,year 2011.and most Chinese students choose to receive education in China cause China has the most colleges in the world.a large number of Chinese overseas students are those who failed "gao kao"(national entrance exam for colleges),their families have no other choice but sending them to study abroad.

and also large number of Chinese students after finishing their study abroad they chose to come back to China,cause China is where the opportunity lies,that fact also affect the total figure of high degree holders in US.

in Beijing,most college school teachers,hospital doctors ,space technology researcher...are the people who came back to China over a decade ago.

Good to know.

Indians in U.S. only constitutes 1% in 15%-20% foreign immigrants but contributes about 18% of the foreign-born population of about 4,160,000 with degrees in those fields. :tup:

Top 7 occupation by Indians are Computer software developers, Managers and administrators, Scientists and quantitative analysts ,Sales-related occupations, Engineers and architects, Clerical and administrative staff and Doctors.

Immigration and Jobs - Map of Foreign-Born Workers - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com

Indians are also called as MODEL MINORITY in U.S. - Model minority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The numbers are the results of the H1-B visa program which brings in degreed professionals and is dominated by Indians.
H1b_demographics.jpg

In my opinion it's high time to stop ravishing about success of people from India or Pakistani origins. It's no use to be happy for them. I saw some Pakistani also feeling proud of Amir khan the boxer. Million dollar question is what are they doing for their origin country. In most of the cases the answer is negative. Till then dil ko bahlane ke liye galib khayal achha hai :)

At my work, we definitely do have a lot of Indians and Chinese. coming to America is the achievement of the life time for most people in these countries. That is why America is advanced and developed and China/India is poor and backward. America do absorb the best and the brightest from these two countries.

Top 7 occupation by Indians are Computer software developers, Managers and administrators, Scientists and quantitative analysts ,Sales-related occupations, Engineers and architects, Clerical and administrative staff and Doctors.

No Lawyers and by default no politicians and political power. Also equally important, no bankers.

No Lawyers and by default no politicians and political power. Also equally important, no bankers.

My cousin is lawyer in California. UCLA grad......i think. Double major in psychology and political science. Law degree.......from....i dont remember.

At my work, we definitely do have a lot of Indians and Chinese. coming to America is the achievement of the life time for most people in these countries. That is why America is advanced and developed and China/India is poor and backward. America do absorb the best and the brightest from these two countries.

The average IQ of Chinese immigrants is 106, the same as the average IQ of Chinese in general. Additional support is that while scientists and quantitative analysts are a top held job for Chinese-Americans, cooks and restaraunt workers are also a top held job. There are only 500,000 Chinese born in China in the US, or 1/7 of the total Chinese-American population.

The average IQ of Indian immigrants is 112, 3 standard deviations above the IQ of Indians in general. This is supported by this thread, which shows how "smart" these "Indians" (purebred white Americans who have funny names) are. There are 710,000 Indians born in India in the US, or 1/4th the total purebred white Americans with funny names population.

I go to school in Los Angeles, and we have a joke among the other Chinese students: a girl failed her Gaokao exams, and was crying. Her boyfriend asks, what's wrong? She replies, "I just failed my college entrance exam, I'll never get to go to college with you! You're too smart!" Her boyfriend says, "I knew you would fail, so I just left half my test blank. We can go to college together!"

3 months later: her boyfriend indeed only got into a 3rd tier university, but the girl's parents paid 1 million RMB and sent her to the US.

The average IQ of Chinese immigrants is 106, the same as the average IQ of Chinese in general. Additional support is that while scientists and quantitative analysts are a top held job for Chinese-Americans, cooks and restaraunt workers are also a top held job. There are only 500,000 Chinese born in China in the US, or 1/7 of the total Chinese-American population.

The average IQ of Indian immigrants is 112, 3 standard deviations above the IQ of Indians in general. This is supported by this thread, which shows how "smart" these "Indians" (purebred white Americans who have funny names) are. There are 710,000 Indians born in India in the US, or 1/4th the total purebred white Americans with funny names population.

I go to school in Los Angeles, and we have a joke among the other Chinese students: a girl failed her Gaokao exams, and was crying. Her boyfriend asks, what's wrong? She replies, "I just failed my college entrance exam, I'll never get to go to college with you! You're too smart!" Her boyfriend says, "I knew you would fail, so I just left half my test blank. We can go to college together!"

3 months later: her boyfriend indeed only got into a 3rd tier university, but the girl's parents paid 1 million RMB and sent her to the US.

And ur ID is fairandunbiased?

Back
Top Bottom