What's new

India blocks release of film accused of glorifying Indira Gandhi’s assassination

Maybe this movie would have become a flop who knows, But when you ban such a movie, you only end up making the movie an even bigger super hit. Last time the movie Sadda Haq was banned this resulted in that movie turning into a huge hit and it going viral.

Not many talk about the fact that it was the Punjab Congress which backed Bhindranwale to the hilt just so that they could flip SAD from their perch. If he wasn't given the incessant backing, he'd never be the political force that he came to be.

Everyone remembers Indira Gandhi, the bold Thatcherite lady who took all the bold decisions, but not many talk about Indira Gandhi the power-hungry despot who often took dumb decisions to hold on to power by hook or by crook.
True. She was undoubtedly a despot. It increased after 71 - she kinda got this idea that defeating Pakistan has cemented her position in India for eternity.

I have seen the trailer of this movie. It was not really good. I would have liked to see it running in theaters here. Bans don't work. :P

jesus christ r u serious???
she was your prime minister…. she did what was best for her country…. bhindrawala and his goons were rightly put down.

and no it wasn't normal punjabi… never heard of any of the words you used..

he's better then modi
@cheekybird loves you :D

True. She was undoubtedly a despot. It increased after 71 - she kinda got this idea that defeating Pakistan has cemented her position in India for eternity.

Very true. You are the only sensible person here who seems to understand the issues involved

jesus christ r u serious???
she was your prime minister…. she did what was best for her country…. bhindrawala and his goons were rightly put down.

and no it wasn't normal punjabi… never heard of any of the words you used..

Just learn about the Topic on hand. You are navie about it. You can start with Googling or seek help from Pakistani member: LoveIcon Bai. He is the only Pakistani member; I've come across on this forum who has vast knowledge about this subject/Punjab. I've learnt a lot from him. Further, he can also clarify the Punjabi Part too. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom