What's new

India blocks more than 250 Web sites for inciting hate, panic

Let's be realistic, no fake material or rumours were posted on this forum, posting news of the developments can't be and shouldn't be considered as a participation. As far as i can recall, some member once posted on the events taking place in Myanmar, which was several weeks earlier, that thread is history now.

There was a thread that webby deleted yesterday which was there for almost 2 weeks and contained those fake images with extreme graphic content. I know for a fact that it was that thread that did the damage in the review..

If you want this privilege you'll have to fight for it. Just like you have to fight for your freedoms. If you don't its more of your loss than the loss of less than USD 10 we make from the largest country's visitors - Pakistan (not India).

Can you please spend some of that 10 dollars on geting this page turn issue resolved?

Well the meaning of publishing has really changed with the coming of internet.Because those images are on your boards that is the same as sponsoring them....maybe you should have a look at the EU and US laws anything on your server ...you are responsible for that.

pub·lish   [puhb-lish] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
1.to issue (printed or otherwise reproduced textual or graphic material, computer software, etc.) for sale or distribution to the public.
2.to issue publicly the work of: Random House publishes Faulkner.
3.to announce formally or officially; proclaim; promulgate.
4.to make publicly or generally known.
5.Law . to communicate (a defamatory statement) to some person or persons other than the person defamed.

North-East rumours: India may seek US, Saudi Arabia's help

We maintain a policy of freedom of speech on our forum and will continue to do so and neither US nor EU authorities have a problem with that. We continue to comply with valid and legal requests when forwarded to us through official channels through relevant authorities. In this case there was none.

So we are good as far as laws are concerned and our own publishing is done on the mainsite Pakistan Defence.

Talk about the daily audience.......by that virtue, a nation of retards. ;)

And you have measured the daily audience sitting in Paksitan. India tv is watched by illiterates who are most prone to sensationalism, very few literate and none of the elites.. However you seems to be an exception.. So I guess even a word like 'retard' is an understatement in your case...

And we all know which nation is lead by them, not hard to guess...

Then I guess India should block google, as none of the images were hosted on our site either, only hotlinked - same as Google. Or Youtube, or facebook.

In fact just as anyone was free to post the pictures, anyone could have pointed out the pictures were fake. Personally I was busy enjoying Eid holidays, no one really is that deeply involved keeping track of minuscule events in India.

Then why are you keeping track of even a more miniscule event of blocking a few sites.. After all you will agree that blocking a few sites by Indian ISPs is a smaller event than a few lakh people rushing back home because of fake threats...

listening to nonsense and forming opinions based on that nonsense are two different things.. Only non retards can understand that difference.. QED

So let's just skip the mindset and psyche of the creators of so called such nonsense, if the likes of ZH gets dragged into every thread, likewise these mindsets thrive amongst you....but then indeed a non retard will have the comprehension to acknowledge this.

I haven't read all the posts here, but honestly, when I heard this on TV and read about it, I wasn't either surprised or angry.

Why should it surprise any Indian when Pakistan does something like this?

We should be more concerned about the dormant volcano rumbling on our own land.

Do not ignore the pre tremors.

Then why are you keeping track of even a more miniscule event of blocking a few sites.. After all you will agree that blocking a few sites by Indian ISPs is a smaller event than a few lakh people rushing back home because of fake threats...

I have given my support to the free voice in India. Indians come here of their own free will and stay and part-take in discussions here freely because we provide the best platform for a free and open debate with civility. This nonsense about a few unrelated pictures could have been posted by anyone even and Indian as you know we are the envy of a lot of forums out there who just can't perform as well as us - we even weathered a DDoS attack from them in our fight to support this cause. We are providing the right information, the rest is up to you guys.

If this helps curb violence/rioting and leads to more peaceful lives of citizens, I fully support this move.

The Indian government is performing its usual knee jerk response after being caught with its pants down. It is ridiculous blaming Pakistan sites for the panic that gripped many from the North East. Sure, Pakistani sites probably carried morphed pictures but to extend it to being a grand conspiracy is a conspiracy theory by itself. There is no way anyone could have planned for or predicted such a panic reaction. Frankly the only people who should be arrested are those who were forwarding SMS's which threatened violence at people from the NE, not everyone who might have forwarded a fake picture of the Burma/Assam riots. Unless the guy was guilty of morphing the pics himself & actually had the wherewithal to differentiate the real from the fake, I'm not really sure what the case would be against such an individual.

Most Indians on the internet are believers in their own conspiracy theories, be it the deliberate distortion of history, family history of the Nehru-Gandhis, the exact quantum of black money held by some individuals etc. The point is that most simply swallow anything & everything thrown at them and this does not affect only people of a particular religious or ethnic persuasion.

For example, a picture of the Muslim mob in Lucknow desecrating the Buddha's statue was widely circulated here with many commenting how the national press was blacking out that part. While it was most likely a real picture, the point I'm making is that none of us could have been absolutely sure unless we actually saw it. So were we guilty of jumping to a conclusion (regardless of authenticity) based on our prejudices? If the answer is yes, then a similar case could be made for the people who forwarded such images from their phones. These people are only guilty of gross stupidity & some mischief, if their only crime was forwarding sms's & mms's with fake pics. On the other hand, those who were threatening violence are guilty of a much more serious charge, even if it essentially flowed from the same stupidity.

So let's just skip the mindset and psyche of the creators of so called such nonsense, if the likes of ZH gets dragged into every thread, likewise these mindsets thrive amongst you....but then indeed a non retard will have the comprehension to acknowledge this.

Isnt Zaid Hamid the famous Defence Analyst of Pakistan held in extremely high esteem by the likes of Kayani... You calling him a retard..?? What does that make Kayani?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/158161-zaid-hamid-gen-kayani.html
33492934082335262919025.jpg

I have given my support to the free voice in India. Indians come here of their own free will and stay and part-take in discussions here freely because we provide the best platform for a free and open debate with civility.
No disagreement there...

This nonsense about a few unrelated pictures could have been posted by anyone even and Indian as you know we are the envy of a lot of forums out there who just can't perform as well as us - we even weathered a DDoS attack from them in our fight to support this cause. We are providing the right information, the rest is up to you guys.

But you seriously believe (take off your Pakistani hat and think as a human) that temporarily shutting down a few hundred sites in an effort to control an emergency situation (which has a potential of leading to unnecessary deaths) is such a bad thing.??

Its ridiculous of course, but its a lot more serious when non-fiction gets banned as film making is the job of the few, internet discussions involve the common man.

fake- fictitious-fabricated-forged-fraudulent- fiction gets blurred when you are trying to save your hide.

And you have measured the daily audience sitting in Paksitan. India tv is watched by illiterates who are most prone to sensationalism, very few literate and none of the elites.. However you seems to be an exception.. So I guess even a word like 'retard' is an understatement in your case...

And we all know which nation is lead by them, not hard to guess...

Ya, the illiterates watch such channels, the gifted ones catch the spy Pigeons and Camels, and even more privileged ones can pin point some business men as the future terrorists......talking about nations, well i guess you have shot yourself in the foot for it's none other than you know who look the retard for falling for the kind of nonsense your own channels usually give out.

But you seriously believe (take off your Pakistani hat and think as a human) that temporarily shutting down a few hundred sites in an effort to control an emergency situation (which has a potential of leading to unnecessary deaths) is such a bad thing.??

The same amount of effort that it takes in identifying, compiling a list making a decision on it, could be replaced by sending an official request to PDF to help GoI control the panic and in the interest of humanity we would support it. We did take off the pictures as a) they were unrelated b) we don't ever allow posting graphic images anyway.

Back
Top Bottom