What's new

India becomes 6th nation to join elite nuclear submarine club

Look who they are buying off - what happens if the lion is tagged - just in case it gets too excitable? Catch my drift mate? :azn:

There is no "tagging" involved in this case I'm afraid friend. Firstly Russia ISN'T the US and doesn't pull that sort of s**t with their customers. Secondly at the end of the ten year lease India has the option to buy the Sub outright so after that it will be completely Ndian so why would Russia tag it to control it (as you claim) when they can't.

Really Nice news.
How many more are we planning to buy

Neither the Nerpa nor the F-16s can be tagged. These are not animals that one can put a GPS collar on them and they go beep, beep, beep so their movements can be tracked. These stories of kill switches and tags are fantasy. The problem with F-16s engaging US or NATO aircraft is to do with its IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) system. The IFF is programmed in a manner that it does not show US built aircraft (and NATO) (with compatible transponders) as hostile but shows them as 'friendlies' and so the target acquisition and fire control systems can not engage them or fire on them. The IFF problem does not exist with submarines where targets have to identified by visual and acoustic recognition.

Look who they are buying off - what happens if the lion is tagged - just in case it gets too excitable? Catch my drift mate?
U were one of the sane posters I have seen but R u sure this one has any credibility? In this case U got too excited.... Catch my drift mate?

Back
Top Bottom