What's new

India beautiful

SHEESH MAHAL, PATIALA - PUNJAB

f2150c7b2779bce6927024315b84a0fa.jpg

6f08ab12559095e96e40558dd9813750.jpg

ef092bc94daec6d553b50b53e7d5f26d.jpg

Thanks for the pictures guys, great pics.

I have been to India once in 2005; I went to Delhi. Delhi didn't seem too different from Lahore. But one thing I should say is that it was a little more crowded and dirty. Don't take this the wrong way, but I felt that the city did smell very bad in many places. Public places were pretty nasty smelling in comparison to Pakistani cities like Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad (well Islamabad is way ahead even in Pak). I think the problem there was that a lot of people seemed to be pissing on the sidewalks and public places. No offence, this was just my observation.

I wonder how Mumbai and other cities are in comparison to Delhi? Maybe some Indian members can shed some light on that.

Hyderabad and bangalore are way ahead of delhi in that regard.....can't say the same bout kolkata.....though many areas in the city are amazing.....as you know its a big city,and things are not the same everywhere....great improvement in infrastructure has taken place in the last few years and still goin on.... thnx

I have been to India once in 2005; I went to Delhi. Delhi didn't seem too different from Lahore. But one thing I should say is that it was a little more crowded and dirty. Don't take this the wrong way, but I felt that the city did smell very bad in many places. Public places were pretty nasty smelling in comparison to Pakistani cities like Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad (well Islamabad is way ahead even in Pak). I think the problem there was that a lot of people seemed to be pissing on the sidewalks and public places. No offence, this was just my observation.

I wonder how Mumbai and other cities are in comparison to Delhi? Maybe some Indian members can shed some light on that.

Delhi has changed a lot from what it was in 2005. But you r right, Delhi is crowded. If you visit New Delhi it is completely different from Old Delhi. But there are some amazing places in Old Delhi (Chandni Chowk, Lal Quila, Parathewali Gali....list goes on). Yah there are places specially near Jamuna river which really smells bed. But Delhi is Delhi..it has it's own place. You can't compare different cities of India..they are different from each other..but have their unique identity.

i think we should give Delhi one more year, until 2010 and see how much delhi is different from 2005 . And then we can compare how much lahore has changed in these years.

Meanwhile totally agree that it is difficult to change habits of public pissing and spitting. We need another revolution in public toilets in delhi. Sulab toilets is running out of capacity and people aren't ready to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom