What's new

India bans Chinese telecoms imports

The guy = Dad of your friend is very correct. The ban on the export of certain products and technologies could be due to the following reason:

Political = Iran & North Korea etc. due to external government restrictions.

Business worthy / Business continuity reasons = High risk of technology loss / patent violation. If the technology goest to another competitor the company is worthless and cannot draw fromt its investment and competency. This is an internal decision of the organization and is based on the business risk and ethics voilation estimation. Clearly the experience of international organizations in China has been such that they burned their fingers by providing their technologies to chinese company via license manufacturing / representation. Reverse engineering is a very scary word for international organizations with competencies of technology and reserach. Hence it is not only a ban on a sale but also part of the end user agreement that the equipment will never be exposed to the companies from China or resold to them.

So father of your friend will be your Uncle?? easy to relate I think.

^^^crap!

China is still facing a strict int'l boycott on all duel-use hi-tech because of 89 Students Movement, or is that so hard for you to face the reality ?

India's liars-lead-illiterates absurdity combined with your kind of total denial mentality (I see you're from Delhi) is why your India still is, and would likely remain as, a backward agricultural society largely depending on the godsend Monsoon rain season. I don't buy your govt's "shining India" and "knowledge superpower" propaganda, sorry... :cheers:

^^^crap!

China is still facing a strict int'l boycott on all duel-use hi-tech because of 89 Students Movement, or is that so hard for you to face the reality ?

India's liars-lead-illiterates absurdity combined with your kind of total denial mentality (I see you're from Delhi) is why your India still is, and would likely remain as, a backward agricultural society largely depending on the godsend Monsoon rain season. I don't buy your govt's "shining India" and "knowledge superpower" propaganda, sorry... :cheers:

Take your head out of the sand, there were two reasons given in my post. There was also a political reason.

Nothing in India is contingent to China or you buying / absorbing the reality. That is why the telecom equipment imports are banned from China. Kapish ?

Now go back to the school where you got your literacy from. You need to redo it. Or you can put your head back in the sand. All your choices..

:cheers:

Take your head out of the sand, there were two reasons given in my post. There was also a political reason.

Nothing in India is contingent to China or you buying / absorbing the reality. That is why the telecom equipment imports are banned from China. Kapish ?

Now go back to the school where you got your literacy from. You need to redo it. Or you can put your head back in the sand. All your choices..

I don't see communication infrastructure as essential to the survival of most Indians. Priority wise, India needs three things: clean water, sanitation and food. Likewise, even though electrical generation is convenient and may help in mfg, it is not as important as the oil that goes into the farm machinery or the chemicals that are converted into fertilizer.

There is a particular area where Chinese assistance is much appreciated (and needed) by average Indian, and that is in sewage treatment plants, damns and electrical generation.

Roads and housing India still depends on China for the advance stuff, but I've noticed Indians have now started building their own overpasses, bridges, apartments, etc. Just like how China first required some outside assistance, India is slowly learning the ropes.

So back on topic, India can slow down the import of telecom equipment to focus more on agriculture and water sanitation. India's telephone and internet is now 'good enough' (at least gets by). I hope India focuses on agriculture and water, rather than on military.

I don't see communication infrastructure as essential to the survival of most Indians. Priority wise, India needs three things: clean water, sanitation and food. Likewise, even though electrical generation is convenient and may help in mfg, it is not as important as the oil that goes into the farm machinery or the chemicals that are converted into fertilizer.

There is a particular area where Chinese assistance is much appreciated (and needed) by average Indian, and that is in sewage treatment plants, damns and electrical generation.

Roads and housing India still depends on China for the advance stuff, but I've noticed Indians have now started building their own overpasses, bridges, apartments, etc. Just like how China first required some outside assistance, India is slowly learning the ropes.

So back on topic, India can slow down the import of telecom equipment to focus more on agriculture and water sanitation. India's telephone and internet is now 'good enough' (at least gets by). I hope India focuses on agriculture and water, rather than on military.

Can u name these advanced stuff please.

So you agree that Chinese products are crap while hiding behind the flag of USA. Great going.:lol::lol:

While you are LOLing, you are collaterally admitting that Indians love Chinese craps. :rofl:

Stop defaming your own people sinuously next time.

Which part of the above post contributed to the topic my dear senior member?

The quality of products in China can be very good and also the poorest. It just depends on what the customer is paying for it. However those customers who are seeking better quality products find that the cost for good quality products is very competitive or even better in Korea / Japan or even Europe when compared to China.

Hence the core competence of Chinese manufacturers is to produce very at a very low cost while being ready to totally compromise with the quality. This is also not a bad approach because there are enough nations where consumers are only being newly exposed to technology and there the cheap versions of Chinese goods can flourish.

Now tell me - why did you have to bring in such derogatory comments about Indians in this debate my "senior member".

General question for I am new: Are the member's posts rated qualitatiely while making them "senior memebers" or is it just the number of posts of any type that they put on the forum??

Dear friend, hold off your petulancy for a while. If you have read what I quoted, you should have known which post I have responded to.

Please read the original post…
… btw, Chinese mobiles have a crap quality and everybody knows that. Why the hell flood Indian markets with 3rd rate quality Chinese mobiles and without IMEI numbers. Good decision by GoI.

…and now use your common sense: if the Indians don’t love the so-called 3rd rate Chinese crap, how can it floods your market? Do you think my question makes sense?

If the “Chinese craps” do not possess value, I don’t think the Indians would be so stupid to hold on to it. It is a known fact that the Indians are smart. Do you think my statement makes sense?

it seems that Indian members here are very obsessed with china-made cell phones with identical IMEI. well I have something to say about this.

Here, hundreds thousands of indian small businessman sneaked into South China city, Shenzhen and Guangzhou, the city where I lived. They came all the way from india to run hundreds of millions of junk phones made by illegal underground workshops in China's Pearl River industrial belt, back to india, and contribute to the thousandth decimal of china's GDP.

Few chinese people today have any interests in these phones, but they did change indian people's standard of living substantially. I used two china-made cell phones for four years before I shelfed them. They were in good order, but of course, they are decent products produced by china's electronic gaints.

These indianmen live in the pigeonholes with their indian fellow to share the house rents. they are dressed like country bumpkins and flood the mass transportation system in big cities of pearl river delta polluting the air with their unique curry smell. I fully understand their situation and feeling, they don't bother to overcame hardship and endure discrimination in china to feed their family. Aren't they more respectable than those internet warrior on PDF trashing made-in-china products to satisfy their vulnerable ego and sense of security?

It will be safe to not let Chinese Telecom products come to India ....in case of war ...China can simply go ahead and opt for a complete Denial of services to Indian companies ...and then the whole telecom sector will be in deep sh!t......so why let Chinese enter a segment where they can hurt India.

Huawei part of Chinese spy network, says R&AW

NEW DELHI: Chinese telecom major Huawei may aggressively deny any link to the China’s People’s Liberation Army, but independent assessments of Indian intelligence agencies so far clearly point out that PLA remains a customer of the company and has become more involved with it.

The security concerns of Indian intelligence agencies about Huawei’s close connection with the Chinese security establishment are shared by the US administration and had led the latter to cancel Huawei’s 2008 bid to pick up stake in 3Com.

Even British intelligence agencies have warned that the Chinese could cripple IT-dependent telecom infrastructure and critical services like water, power and food supplies by embedding malware in equipment installed by firms such as Huawei and ZTE.

According to security assessments of Huawei Technologies put together by R&AW, the Chinese firm not only shares ties with the Chinese security establishment but is also suspected to be a part of its intelligence set-up. Not only was it founded by retired PLA officer Ren Zhengfei, a former director of the Information Engineering Academy of the PLA’s general staff department, in 1988, but one of the members on the company’s board was an officer of the PRC ministry of state security.

Huawei, intelligence inputs collected over a period of time point out, is responsible for sweeping and debugging all Chinese embassies and their expertise extends to bugging of the target telecommunication and computer systems. This explains Huawei’s involvement in projects for military purposes in Iraq during the Saddam Hussein regime and also in telecom projects in Afghanistan during the Taliban rule.

Given the adverse reports of Huawei’s alleged role in bugging systems for the benefit of the Chinese security establishment, the communication ministry has warned BSNL to test all equipment supplied by the Chinese firm for “trapdoors, black box, malwares” and check if it is susceptible to remote hacking before it can be allow to be operational.

Though BSNL was allowed to award telecom network contract to Huawei, it was to restrict the orders to southern states as they do not share borders with sensitive countries such as China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. The communications ministry also warned that networks provided by Huawei could go live only after all requisite audits were completed.

Security concerns over Huawei links with PLA are not restricted to Indian agencies alone. The Chinese telecom major’s proposal to purchase stake in 3Com, the US firm manufacturing internet router and networking equipment, was shot down after the US administration questioned the deal’s security implications. A reluctance of approval followed and the lucrative $2.2-billion deal — wherein Huawei had invited Boston-based private equity firm Bain Capital to jointly acquire 3Com — was cancelled in February 2008. The fact that 3Com makes anti-hacking computer software for the military and that Huawei has ties with PLA raised an alarm with the US authorities, leading them to disallow the deal.

According to R&AW reports, the US administration was concerned that Huawei would be able to alter the electronic equipment and computer software sold to the military in a way that would make these less effective in real-time operations.

Adverse security assessments of Huawei have also led British security agencies to warn of China’s attempts to hit telecom infrastructure as well as water, power and food supplies through equipment installed by Huawei through covert modifications to compromise systems in ways that are difficult to detect and could later be disrupted or disabled.

The guy = Dad of your friend is very correct. The ban on the export of certain products and technologies could be due to the following reason:

Political = Iran & North Korea etc. due to external government restrictions.

Business worthy / Business continuity reasons = High risk of technology loss / patent violation. If the technology goest to another competitor the company is worthless and cannot draw fromt its investment and competency. This is an internal decision of the organization and is based on the business risk and ethics voilation estimation. Clearly the experience of international organizations in China has been such that they burned their fingers by providing their technologies to chinese company via license manufacturing / representation. Reverse engineering is a very scary word for international organizations with competencies of technology and reserach. Hence it is not only a ban on a sale but also part of the end user agreement that the equipment will never be exposed to the companies from China or resold to them.

So father of your friend will be your Uncle?? easy to relate I think.

wrong.
if you have worked in any big high tech US company you will know every US high tech company will have a export control policy. The export control policy is enforced by US gov. The US gov provides a country list. China is at the bottom of the list slightly better than NK, Iran and Cuba. It's a very serious business. Anyone violates the export control policy will be sacked and the company will be fined hugh money and responsible personnel may go to jail. The point is those companies want to do businesses with China but the US gov prohibite them from doing so. And what is considered high tech which should not export to China? Apple's PowerPC was one of them :rofl:
let's see how long the US gov can hold this export control policy towards China.

wrong.
if you have worked in any big high tech US company you will know every US high tech company will have a export control policy. The export control policy is enforced by US gov. The US gov provides a country list. China is at the bottom of the list slightly better than NK, Iran and Cuba. It's a very serious business. Anyone violates the export control policy will be sacked and the company will be fined hugh money and responsible personnel may go to jail. The point is those companies want to do businesses with China but the US gov prohibite them from doing so. And what is considered high tech which should not export to China? Apple's PowerPC was one of them :rofl:
let's see how long the US gov can hold this export control policy towards China.

Great new!!!

Just recently China unveiled its first SuperComputer (>1petaflop) based on its indigenously developed 4-core 64-bit Loongson CPU (Godson 3F) and it's even smaller in footprint than the last, and very environmentally & energy efficient.

This makes China the second nation to be able to independently develop its own central processing unit that is used in a super-computer. Even Japan, Germany, Korea and Russia has not been able to accomplish this feat (due to market restrictions and technical integration in some cases). It's not so much Japan couldn't do it, as much of the advances in the IC and semiconductor industry was due to Japan (but Uncle Sam stole it), it was because like in the aviation and defense sector it was hampered by the USA. That's the benefit of sovereignty and the cost of living under the hedgemonic pressures of the Zio-Europeans.

So who needs a "PowerPC" or an "Ipad" .... LOL

Last edited:
Huawei part of Chinese spy network, says R&AW

:rofl:

See how the Chinese spies work towards sabotaging US military arsenal… Note: if any, those Chinese spies are all Americans working assiduously in this country for China. :taz:

Charges: Bad Chinese magnesium entered US arsenal - Yahoo! News

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Federal authorities charged six people and three companies Friday with importing substandard magnesium powder from China into the United States, where officials say it got into the Defense Department's arsenal but was discovered before being used in combat or exercises.

The powder was used to make 1.8 million "countermeasure" flares, worth $42 million, that are used by military aircraft to divert heat-seeking missiles. Officials said that none made it onto aircraft before being quarantined, and that all will be destroyed.

"Heaven forbid the measures would not have worked if a pilot was under direct attack by a missile and this was his or her last line of defense," U.S. Attorney William Hochul said.

For the same token, I don't know how many Indians have bee recruited by Huawei...

If India has the guts, ban Chinese imports of electrical generators, clothes and food and see how long it takes for the poor to revolt.

Back
Top Bottom