What's new

India bans Chinese telecoms imports

As is well recognized even among Indians that one of many reasons that India is behind China is that India did not open up earlier enough.

It is obvious that interest groups in India do not to open up to harm their pathetic products and interest at the expenses of their consummers.

Perhaps true that Chinese goods are cheap. That is precisely why we value the Chinese goods: they keep our inflation low.

If you take that in a derogatory way, then why India can’t even produce cheap products? Doesn't that sound even cheaper?

Simple economics tells us, if products are not welcomed by consumers, the products can’t be flooded in market. N’est pas?

China keeps its costs low artificially for the exports by regulating its currency. So please do not brag on the cost of manufacturing. If you were to allow the market adjustment of Yuan then it will be a completely different scenario. So let us just leave your thoughts on imported inflation also aside. The worry should be the impending deflation for you with the high lendings over the last years by your bank if you understand your economy even a little bit.

The burgeoning trade deficit between India and China can not be justified as India cannot be reduced to a consumer country due to its needs of development. It is different when you have a positive trade ratio with Europe or US when compared to India because of the different levels of development of these economies.

Even when other major orgnanizations do business in India, they are clearly told that they have to set up local manufacturing over a period and that is part of the manufacturing license conditions. Chinese companies should be no different. If they think that India is a market worth committing to then they should invest in local manufacturing so that the forex is not adverse for India.

The reasons for the GOI restrictions are very clear:

1. Security reasons so your companies should get the Indian labs to certify your products and couter gaurantee everything.
2. Economic reasons. Make local manufacturing and do business. That is the way to commit to a market.

All other discussions does not even need to be considered. And lastly, Cheap is only relative......

Correction Bharat unveiled the $100 computer as a $10 "computer".... which was later revealed to be a $10 "wireless data hub".... which was later revealed to be a $10 "usb thumbdrive".... which was later revealed that it was only a fake photo and they didn't even have the USB Thumbdrive.

The $1000 'car' was later revealed to be that price for only a "select few" people.... which was later revealed to cost $2500.... and then later revealed that they stumbled on numerous mfg difficulties.... which was later revealed that they used Ford's motor as theirs malfunctioned and was inefficient and prone to safety hazars.... which later revealed that even with foreign components because of its design flaw of having engine in rear and lack of effective cooling system the car would undergo spontaneous combustion.

Many revealing details are revealed slowly over time.... :bunny:

Check on IBM sales after the Lenovo transition. There are too many examples of Chinese class of manufacturing. It is useless for me to quote to you anymore because of your untrue and haphazard choice of words / phrases / business exaples above. You should read more. Clearly you are not well read and know nothing about business.

No comment on the thread but,

I expected better from a knowledgeable person like you. IDK about Europe, but I know Great Wall Utes are sold in Australia.

Also, Impulse is the product of delta F and delta t. I=Ft

It is not delta F divided by delta t

sorry a typing mistake. the explaination should be correct. for same impulse as delta T is reduced the force increase.

sorry a typing mistake. the explaination should be correct. for same impulse as delta T is reduced the force increase.

Yes, but the fact is the Nano passed the test, the other ones did not.

I'm pretty sure the guys who conducted the tests and the guys who designed the car, knew that formula and its implications very well.

... And btw, Chinese mobiles have a crap quality and everybody knows that. Why the hell flood Indian markets with 3rd rate quality Chinese mobiles and without IMEI numbers. Good decision by GoI.

Chinese craps flood Indian markets because Indians love the craps.

Indians can't even product the kind of craps that they love.

This is a simple, simple supply and demand in economics 101.

Yes, but the fact is the Nano passed the test, the other ones did not.

I'm pretty sure the guys who conducted the tests and the guys who designed the car, knew that formula and its implications very well.

... or is because the guy who designed the test was the same guy who conducted the car ? :partay:

I have been visiting this forum for a few weeks now and all i can say is that this is primarily a India bashing forum where India bashers from all across the world converge.
I would request the mods to create a separate section called India bashing so that these India bashers can post their stupid and deregatory comments there and not derail good threads.Thankyou

I have been visiting this forum for a few weeks now and all i can say is that this is primarily a India bashing forum where India bashers from all across the world converge.
I would request the mods to create a separate section called India bashing so that these India bashers can post their stupid and deregatory comments there and not derail good threads.Thankyou

Perhaps you are right that "Chinese craps flood Indian market" is India bashing. :bounce:

And that "stupid and deregatory" bashing is originated by an Indian.

You are welcome! :welcome:

I think this strategy is likely to backfire simply because China has now become the factory of the world. Most American, European and Japanese companies also manufacture their computer and telecom gear in China.

their telecom gear is still inferior to huawei and are manufactured in china anyways.

in fact, why don't we do this?

at least we have the technology that's able to be banned. why aren't we banning indian telecom tech in retaliation?

because there is no indian telecom tech.

why aren't we hitting them in other markets?

because india is not an industrial nation and has very few competitive products.

for now, banning anthing from china will not affect much china without affecting India.

and that's what i like about chiness economy. if you mess up with chiness economy, there is no way that you will escape. espically nations like India whosewhole IT depend on america and also import products from china as well.

So you agree that Chinese products are crap while hiding behind the flag of USA. Great going.:lol::lol:

最爱高古陶;832769 said:
i am happy when i heard this news. india still dont understand globlization and economy. india can never catch up china,hahaha.

i was more than happy when i heard this,why only mobiles ban everything that comes from china:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom