What's new

India bans 59 Chinese apps, including TikTok, ShareIt, UC Browser

Indian Hindus really are brainwashed morons to believe that hurting the bottom line of a private company is actually a good start in a military standoff against China.
Tell me what else common Indian people can do?

Indian app developers have few months before the ban are overturned. Chinese app developers will go to SC. In the meantime Indian apps should come with alternative. There is a few but need to UI better.

All these Chinese apps developed in competition free environment inside China while blocking foreign apps and stealing source codes and ideas. Indian apps have the same advantage. With growth in mainland China slowing, china had a great market in India. Shot themselves in the foot.

Indian app developers have few months before the ban are overturned. Chinese app developers will go to SC. In the meantime Indian apps should come with alternative. There is a few but need to UI better.

All these Chinese apps developed in competition free environment inside China while blocking foreign apps and stealing source codes and ideas. Indian apps have the same advantage. With growth in mainland China slowing, china had a great market in India. Shot themselves in the foot.

Making these apps is not kids play. China has put lots of investments and hard work to build these apps.

I didn't know there are so many Chinese APPs that have gone abroad. Good luck Indians.

India makes up 1/3 of TikTok's total downloads and 15% of their active users. Also India makes up significant user base of almost any major app. Not a game changing decision. But a good start.
so what do u hope to accomplish through this?

In the meantime Indian apps should come with alternative. There is a few but need to UI better.
In most cases, alternatives already exists but either not advertised much or simply of lower quality experience. Also, there are international alternatives too, so not all the competition is lowered considering apps like UC browser were a waste anyways.

so what do u hope to accomplish through this?
Don't worry. User number doesn't automatically turn into money. I heard some financial news that India didn't make big contribution to ByteDance's overall income.

Making world class app is not an easy task. If indians are thinking they can compete Chinese apps then they are wrong. Even facebook and google is not able to do it.
I only see one factor that is "Facebook-Reliance JIO" behind this tiktok ban. This ban will indirectly benefit modi's financier Mr. Mukesh Ambani.

Back
Top Bottom