What's new

India asks US not to invest in Pak dam in disputed Gilgit Baltistan

I suspect the objection is put in merely as a bargaining chip the next time the US asks India not to deal with Iran.

I disagree with this move. What harm will building dams do? It will only result in people getting electricity and better facilities. Even though we claim whole Kashmir, in my opinion we should not object to any kind of growth and development happening in Azad Kashmir as these constructions will only help the common people.
How about I bring my bed and put in in your house? I not only get to sleep in your house...I can enjoy AC and TV without paying any bill. What harm will bringing a bed do? It will only result in people getting electricity and better facilities.

How about I bring my bed and put in in your house? I not only get to sleep in your house...I can enjoy AC and TV without paying any bill. What harm will bringing a bed do? It will only result in people getting electricity and better facilities.

No, the thing is you already have his house and now he is objecting when you are bringing in a bed.

lol

How come iv'e only seen india cry whenever some country invests or deals with pakistan

No, the thing is you already have his house and now he is objecting when you are bringing in a bed.

India's main objection is that dam is being built in Gilgit Baltistan(which is India claim its land),and second one is USA is funding that project.

the dam is yet to build as it is facing financial crisis.hell,even Pakistan's ECNEC denied some RS.101Bil for land acquisition for this dam in this month.also,Pakistan is seeking some $5 bil from international market.total projected cost is some $13.96 bil.

though India is making protest,it is yet uncertain whether Pakistan could collect all the funds it needed.plus,calculate escalation of cost.Pakistan will need few more billions of dollars.

Aman ki aasaha
6KKXZsdo_normal.jpeg

Long gone, the aasha got murdered by Pakistanis.

i mean it not even blocking your water or something explain this to your indian fellows
International interference (of any sort) in a disputed territory. Objection is not to the purpose of the dam, but international support.

Good riddance...
I concur, lets continue doing what we have been doing before and after the 'tamasha'...

That opportunity when you see their real face.
And if the roles were reversed between India and Pakistan, Pakistan would not use their clout to disrupt such projects? Yeah right.

The weak will always be subject to the will of the strong- nothing unique in how India is acting. Look at the way the US has behaved in the past century for some historical context.

It will help legitimize Pakistan's claim that Gilgit Baltistan is part of Pakistan. Would you want Gilgit Baltistan to be internationally recognized as part of Pakistan?

I think this is exactly how India needs to behave. Pakistanis are quick to point out that under the nuclear umbrella that hangs over the sub-continent, India is powerless to act (militarily) against them and thus there is a sense that Pakistan can act with impunity against India- ceasefire violations, proxy war waged on India, economic destabilisation efforts launched from Pakistan etc. India needs to show to whomever is actually running the show in Pakistan that there is a price for all their misadventures against India.

Perhaps a departure from the typical military d!ck measuring is just what is called for right now.

Alas if only it would make you work hard too but anyway....

Your half-witted remark doesn't even remotely begin to dilute the fact that India is bending over backwards under Modi in a desperate bid to make Pakistan kneel and yet we stand here rebellious, strong even amidst political turmoil and unyielding in the face of adversity.

It's also surprising that despite not being Indian you still harbour such bold resentment for Pakistan and its administration. Imran Khan is not the solution. Get that out of your head.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom